This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[12x07] December 14th, 2008

Motoring news and views from the usual team. James May travels to California to take a look at what is being hailed as the future of motoring, the hydrogen-powered Honda Clarity. On the test track Jeremy Clarkson has a high-voltage encounter with the Tesla, a battery-powered super-car, and Richard Hammond takes an affectionate look back at 50 years of Touring Car racing. The star in the reasonably priced car is Tom Jones, and there are some festive fun and games in the studio to boot.
    Last edited by SL65; December 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM. Reason: Threads merged
    http://plus613.net

Tom Jones! I wonder which Clarkson will do more of, bad Welsh jokes or cheesy references to lyrics. Time to rework that Bingo sheet. And I wonder how Clarkson will feel about the Tesla, especially with the company being in the crapper.
    "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
    -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Touring Cars? Isn't that what they left out from the last season when Hammond was standing next to a bunch of Jags or something like that...

Comment

Sounds awesome. I wonder if they'll mention ECD Ovonics and the Ovshinsky's?

Comment

I wondered when the Tesla was gonna be tested. Honda's Clarity should be good too.

Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
          Tom Jones!
          I second that!
          Last edited by ediesbra; December 1st, 2008, 8:02 AM.
          "Eagles may soar but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Comment

TOM JONES?! Wow, TG is reeling in the big names for the star segment. I'm loving it this season
            Last edited by SL65; December 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM. Reason: Threads merged

Comment

Nice TG, possibly 1 of the biggest names for the SITRPC in TG history, the other segments sound great aswell

Comment

So this would be an episode for the future.

Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Wow, Tom Jones in the studio. That will be interesting.
                  Have spacesuit. Will travel.

Comment

The SIARPC this series has really stepped up a notch. A run of guys I know instead of the random duos from last season (bar Rob Brydon and Jay Kay). This'll be the last episode before Vietnam eh?

And does this look like it has two car reviews? I'm interested in seeing what May says about the Clarity.
                    deviantART || Twitter

"If I was worried about what he thought Id have to change every single aspect of my life, including my face." - May on The Sun, Clarkson and caravans.

Comment

Wow, Tom Jones as the star. That should be good. I wonder what Jeremy will think of the Tesla, since he's a huge petrolhead and the Tesla doesn't use petrol

Comment

Old touring cars, FINALLY!

Comment

looking forward to the tesla segment! This car is really promising (so i'm told....)

Comment

Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
                            Tom Jones! I wonder which Clarkson will do more of, bad Welsh jokes or cheesy references to lyrics. Time to rework that Bingo sheet.
                            Two words: women's underwear.

Brownies to the person who's old enough (or is willing to Google) to know what I mean by that.
                            SKY - ROAD - DITCH

Comment

tesla roadster test sounds interesting.

i remember vicki butler henderson driving it on the previous season of fifth gear. she said it was quick but didnt like the driving experience because it has no real "motor" noise. i would probably agree with that, but the concept of having a fully electrical car sounds cool. the tesla does look nice as well.

Comment

Tom Jones and Clarkson both have similar curly hair That interview could be interesting to watch.
                                "Non gratum anus rodentum"

Comment

looks to be a rather "green" episode. Though I am looking forward to the Tesla review... No one seems to have actually driven the damn thing. All the articles on it just talk about how it's such an amazing technical triumph etc. etc. no has actually dealt with it like an actual car...

Comment

yay for Tesla and old Touring Cars
                                    yawn at the rest

Comment

Not so sure about the guest. Tom Jones FFS? Cliff Richard was bad enough.

Then we've had Nick Mason, Roger Daltrey, Ronnie Wood..........is there a "one aging rocker per series/annum" clause in a contract somewhere?

If that's the case why don't they go the whole hog, get a couple of shovels and some jumper cables and book Keith Moon or Elvis?
                                      WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

w00000t Tom Jones!! lol

Comment

Working...
                                        X