[12x07] December 14th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulse

Motoring news and views from the usual team. James May travels to California to take a look at what is being hailed as the future of motoring, the hydrogen-powered Honda Clarity. On the test track Jeremy Clarkson has a high-voltage encounter with the Tesla, a battery-powered super-car, and Richard Hammond takes an affectionate look back at 50 years of Touring Car racing. The star in the reasonably priced car is Tom Jones, and there are some festive fun and games in the studio to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

o_O Tom Jones! I wonder which Clarkson will do more of, bad Welsh jokes or cheesy references to lyrics. Time to rework that Bingo sheet. And I wonder how Clarkson will feel about the Tesla, especially with the company being in the crapper.

Touring Cars? Isn't that what they left out from the last season when Hammond was standing next to a bunch of Jags or something like that...

Sounds awesome. I wonder if they'll mention ECD Ovonics and the Ovshinsky's?

Last edited:

TOM JONES?! :shock: Wow, TG is reeling in the big names for the star segment. I'm loving it this season :D

Last edited:
Nice TG, possibly 1 of the biggest names for the SITRPC in TG history, the other segments sound great aswell

So this would be an episode for the future. :p

Really looking forward to it.

Wow, Tom Jones in the studio. That will be interesting. :cool:

The SIARPC this series has really stepped up a notch. A run of guys I know instead of the random duos from last season (bar Rob Brydon and Jay Kay). This'll be the last episode before Vietnam eh?

And does this look like it has two car reviews? I'm interested in seeing what May says about the Clarity.

Wow, Tom Jones as the star. That should be good. I wonder what Jeremy will think of the Tesla, since he's a huge petrolhead and the Tesla doesn't use petrol :p

Old touring cars, FINALLY!:woot:

looking forward to the tesla segment! This car is really promising (so i'm told....)

o_O Tom Jones! I wonder which Clarkson will do more of, bad Welsh jokes or cheesy references to lyrics. Time to rework that Bingo sheet.

Two words: women's underwear. :blink: :ninja:

Brownies to the person who's old enough (or is willing to Google) to know what I mean by that.

tesla roadster test sounds interesting.

i remember vicki butler henderson driving it on the previous season of fifth gear. she said it was quick but didnt like the driving experience because it has no real "motor" noise. i would probably agree with that, but the concept of having a fully electrical car sounds cool. the tesla does look nice as well.

Tom Jones and Clarkson both have similar curly hair :) That interview could be interesting to watch.

looks to be a rather "green" episode. Though I am looking forward to the Tesla review... No one seems to have actually driven the damn thing. All the articles on it just talk about how it's such an amazing technical triumph etc. etc. no has actually dealt with it like an actual car...

yay for Tesla and old Touring Cars
yawn at the rest

Not so sure about the guest. Tom Jones FFS? Cliff Richard was bad enough.

Then we've had Nick Mason, Roger Daltrey, Ronnie Wood..........is there a "one aging rocker per series/annum" clause in a contract somewhere?

If that's the case why don't they go the whole hog, get a couple of shovels and some jumper cables and book Keith Moon or Elvis?

Status
Not open for further replies.