This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[12x08] December 28th, 2008 [Vietnam Special]

This will be the 75 minute Vietnam special.
    Last edited by Viper007Bond; December 23rd, 2008, 2:23 AM.
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

8 episodes this series.

Comment

Only eight episodes, aye.
      Williams fan. You may laugh.

Comment

That's what I thought. Okay, so this must be the Vietnam special.
        My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
        There is no replacement for displacement.
        - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
        ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
        - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Apparently on the 21st, Top Gear will be shown at 7pm but as I said before it will be a repeat of the show from last week (Episode 7). I'm guessing Episode 8/Vietnam Special will be on the following Sunday. I'll have to wait until Radio times puts up the schedule for that Sunday.

Comment

Looking over at the wiki entry, seems a bit of a big coincidence that Nam ended in '75 and the special is 75 minutes long (just throwing it out there, since if a special were in order, 90 minutes would make sense to me , or it could be JC and the rest being their usual self :p)

My Shirt Store

Some say he migrated when fuel hit 4 pounds per gallon and that he can make
            'special price' for you. All we know is, he's the Stig's Arab cousin; Al-Stig!

Comment

This is going to be far the best TG episode of this season. Talking about saving the best for the last.
              Cars, Bikes, F1, Top Gear - http://www.motorbeam.com/
              http://www.fasblog.com/

Comment

Yes I am looking forward to this episode. The snooker's untimely appearance on the BBC2 schedule will only increase my anticipation and enthusiasm for what seems likely to be the best episode of the series.

Comment

Could the 75 minutes be so they don't have to re edit it for the other channels with ads?
                  Also they can bring out a exclusive 90 minutes next xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Blayde View Post
                    Looking over at the wiki entry, seems a bit of a big coincidence that Nam ended in '75 and the special is 75 minutes long (just throwing it out there, since if a special were in order, 90 minutes would make sense to me , or it could be JC and the rest being their usual self :p)
                    TIN FOIL HAT!
                    Williams fan. You may laugh.

Comment

Before everyone gets too exited about 75 minutes please see below for the complete Top Gear schedule from the Radio Times until the end of the year:

Sun Dec 14 - 12x07 at 9pm
                      Wed Dec 17 - no 7pm repeat due to snooker
                      Sun Dec 21 - 12x07 repeated 8pm
                      Thurs Dec 25 - Amercian Fly Drive Holiday repeated 9.30pm
                      Sun Dec 28 - 12x08 Vietnam Special NB standard 1 hour slot 8pm
                      WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

TIN FOIL HAT!

Already donned

My Shirt Store

Some say he migrated when fuel hit 4 pounds per gallon and that he can make
                        'special price' for you. All we know is, he's the Stig's Arab cousin; Al-Stig!

Comment

Well, Jeremy confirmed it will be the 28th at the end of 12x07. So I'm not gonna miss it being on holiday in Italy, great

'01 A6 2.4 (2007-2011) | '10 C200K T (2011-2016) | '10 A5 3.0 TDI (2017) | '08 MX5 2.0 (2017-?) | '18? Model 3 (?)

Everything is air-droppable at least once.

Comment

Cant wait to see the episode

Comment

In the Radio 5 live interview he mentions that it's a hour special...

Originally posted by iam-nobody View Post
                              Could the 75 minutes be so they don't have to re edit it for the other channels with ads?
                              Also they can bring out a exclusive 90 minutes next xmas.

Comment

heh...this is going to halarious ...

Comment

Can't wait to see this! I was in Vietnam only two weeks after the TG3.
                                  Let's see how much rain they got.
                                  "At the moment there’s no known cure for being a bit German."

Comment

Just found this on the TG site which seems to confirm 75 minutes of motorbike madness.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...ere-there-man/

Looks like I was right about the RT not having all the details when they went to press.
                                    WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

I am SO looking forward to this ...

beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

Comment

Top Gear - Vietnam Special

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May travel to Vietnam to travel the entire length of the country in just eight days, thereby achieving what the American military failed to do in ten years. First they must each buy some suitable transport for the trip and, despite have several million Dong in their pockets, this proves to be rather more difficult than they thought.

http://www.onthebox.com/tv/episode/E.../top-gear.aspx

Edit:
                                        20:00 - Top Gear
                                        21:15 - The Real Italian Job: James Martin's Mille Miglia

Comment

Working...
                                        X