Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
That's what I thought. Okay, so this must be the Vietnam special.

Apparently on the 21st, Top Gear will be shown at 7pm but as I said before it will be a repeat of the show from last week (Episode 7). I'm guessing Episode 8/Vietnam Special will be on the following Sunday. I'll have to wait until Radio times puts up the schedule for that Sunday.

Looking over at the wiki entry, seems a bit of a big coincidence that Nam ended in '75 and the special is 75 minutes long (just throwing it out there, since if a special were in order, 90 minutes would make sense to me :|, or it could be JC and the rest being their usual self :p)

Yes I am looking forward to this episode. The snooker's untimely appearance on the BBC2 schedule will only increase my anticipation and enthusiasm for what seems likely to be the best episode of the series.

Could the 75 minutes be so they don't have to re edit it for the other channels with ads?
Also they can bring out a exclusive 90 minutes next xmas.

Looking over at the wiki entry, seems a bit of a big coincidence that Nam ended in '75 and the special is 75 minutes long (just throwing it out there, since if a special were in order, 90 minutes would make sense to me :|, or it could be JC and the rest being their usual self :p)

TIN FOIL HAT! :p

Before everyone gets too exited about 75 minutes please see below for the complete Top Gear schedule from the Radio Times until the end of the year:

Sun Dec 14 - 12x07 at 9pm
Wed Dec 17 - no 7pm repeat due to snooker
Sun Dec 21 - 12x07 repeated 8pm
Thurs Dec 25 - Amercian Fly Drive Holiday repeated 9.30pm
Sun Dec 28 - 12x08 Vietnam Special NB standard 1 hour slot 8pm followed by something called James Martin's Mille Miglia (TV Chef drives ?800K 1948 Maserati on classic rally.)
Tues Dec 30 - 12x08 repeat 8PM
Thurs Jan 1 - Best of Top Gear 9pm

E&OE. Listings correct at the time of going to press. One does of course have to bear in mind that the Christmas and New Year edition of the RT goes to press much earlier than others so there is no guarantee their info is correct or totally up to date so it is entirely possible that when it did the Vietnam trip was still in final edit. Therefore the idea of the Vietnam trip being 75 minutes seems plausible given the fact that it's an 8 day trip according to Richard's diary of it in the Christmas RT but the listings don't seem to bear that out. If anyone has other sources of this obviously please post.

In the Radio 5 live interview he mentions that it's a hour special...

Could the 75 minutes be so they don't have to re edit it for the other channels with ads?
Also they can bring out a exclusive 90 minutes next xmas.

Can't wait to see this! I was in Vietnam only two weeks after the TG3.
Let's see how much rain they got. ;-)

Top Gear - Vietnam Special

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May travel to Vietnam to travel the entire length of the country in just eight days, thereby achieving what the American military failed to do in ten years. First they must each buy some suitable transport for the trip and, despite have several million Dong in their pockets, this proves to be rather more difficult than they thought.

http://www.onthebox.com/tv/episode/EPE03351725186/top-gear.aspx

:D

Edit:
20:00 - Top Gear
21:15 - The Real Italian Job: James Martin's Mille Miglia

Status
Not open for further replies.