Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[13x05] July 19th, 2009

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by PaperBiro View Post
    I read somewhere that Olivier Panis was in this one. It should be a cracker.
    At least we WILL see a French F1 driver shaking his fist at them...
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

    Comment


      #22
      Must be the first time for a long time that I have no clue who the SIRPC is.
      Cheap car challenge sounds good, they almost always turn into something fun - and what can be more fun than iceracing with rear wheel driven cars

      Comment


        #23
        We've already had a cheap car challenge this season and it was awful. I don't have high hopes for this one.

        The other thing, as Mineworksfine has already mentioned, sounds like it will just be more touring car drivers carefully crashing into each other.

        The BMW test sounds promising. Any test that doesn't just involve Jeremy speeding around the airbase while using a lot of hyperbole should be a refreshing change. The dinosaur thing will either be epic or stupid. Here's hoping on the former.

        I hate Sienna Miller. A friend of mine once lent me a DVD of a movie called Layer Cake telling me that it was awesome and that it was made by Guy Ritchie. It was an unfathomable mess of shit and I saw the ending coming an absolute frigging mile away. Anyway, Sienna Miller was in it and she's just a talentless trollop. "Oooh, I'm rubbin' me phone on me fanny! Freshen ya drink guvena?" ... What are the odds that even a single thing she says will be worth listening to?

        Anyway, as Viper said, I hope it's not really her. It'll be awesome if it's the other person...

        Comment


          #24
          Damnit, I was hoping for some ZR1 action...

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
            Damnit, I was hoping for some ZR1 action...
            There are two more episodes after this one. Don't despair.
            (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

            Comment


              #26
              I wonder if they got the airport vehicle race idea from the Dairy Milk ad.

              If they play Don't Stop Me Now or Livin' on a Prayer I will die happy
              "I'm a little tea-pot,
              Short and stout.
              Here is my handle,
              Here is my-
              Oh bugger, I'm a sugar bowl!"
              -Stephen Fry

              Comment


                #27
                I seem to recall a Siena Miller reference in the "15 grand Italian Supercar" challenge a few years back, giving the impression that she was prone to emotional tantrums. Wonder if that's going to come up?

                Comment


                  #28
                  Originally posted by Austere View Post
                  The other thing, as Mineworksfine has already mentioned, sounds like it will just be more touring car drivers carefully crashing into each other.
                  I'm trying to think of a downside to this, and it isn't coming to me.
                  Richard Hammond narrowly escaped death in 2006 when he crashed a jet-propelled car he was driving for British motoring programme Top Gear.

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Originally posted by warren View Post
                    I'm trying to think of a downside to this, and it isn't coming to me.


                    I've seen it all before, numerous times. I'd rather see a car review.

                    Comment


                      #30
                      . I'd rather see a car review.
                      fifth gear?

                      Comment


                        #31
                        Originally posted by Sovereign001 View Post
                        fifth gear?
                        Is terrible? I agree.

                        Comment


                          #32
                          Originally posted by Austere View Post


                          I've seen it all before, numerous times. I'd rather see a car review.
                          Sure you're not just bitter 'cos Adelaide was the last State capitol to get airbridges?
                          "...we are a release valve for people who get nagged to fuck," says Wilman.
                          "Is there a season for handbags?("Oh yeah"-JC)
                          What, at certain times of the year I can shoot handbags?"-JM
                          ""Ah yes, religion - shit it"-Stephen Fry
                          "You can't have everything - after all where would you put it?" -Steven Wright

                          Comment


                            #33
                            Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                            Sure you're not just bitter 'cos Adelaide was the last State capitol to get airbridges?
                            It's possible... I am bitter... except I don't know what an airbridge is so it's probably not that...

                            Comment


                              #34
                              Originally posted by Austere View Post
                              It's possible... I am bitter... except I don't know what an airbridge is so it's probably not that...
                              They're the thingies that mean you don't have to walk across the blistering tarmac to get in the terminal - done that a few times in Adelaide meself!

                              Still fond of the place - man i miss the Markets - all those coffees & olives & cheeses &....sigh!
                              "...we are a release valve for people who get nagged to fuck," says Wilman.
                              "Is there a season for handbags?("Oh yeah"-JC)
                              What, at certain times of the year I can shoot handbags?"-JM
                              ""Ah yes, religion - shit it"-Stephen Fry
                              "You can't have everything - after all where would you put it?" -Steven Wright

                              Comment


                                #35
                                Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                                They're the thingies that mean you don't have to walk across the blistering tarmac to get in the terminal - done that a few times in Adelaide meself!
                                Oh yeah, I know what you mean now. Although I like walking across the tarmac. It builds character.

                                I'm more bitter about the fact that we don't have bongs.

                                Comment


                                  #36
                                  Found this from the official site-

                                  The airport racing and new BMW Z4 has been taken off for the test of the new 500bhp Jag, this was done by the lads.

                                  Comment


                                    #37
                                    Wow, so they got the Jag, and quickly too. I suppose Jag knows where to go when they want a glowing review seen by millions of people. Hopefully it survives Jeremy in one piece.

                                    Oh, and the link for those interested: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...ure-expecting/

                                    Comment


                                      #38
                                      Is terrible? I agree.
                                      good saying! moves head irratic like tiff.

                                      Comment


                                        #39
                                        Originally posted by Austere View Post
                                        I hate Sienna Miller. A friend of mine once lent me a DVD of a movie called Layer Cake telling me that it was awesome and that it was made by Guy Ritchie. It was an unfathomable mess of shit and I saw the ending coming an absolute frigging mile away. Anyway, Sienna Miller was in it and she's just a talentless trollop. "Oooh, I'm rubbin' me phone on me fanny! Freshen ya drink guvena?" ... What are the odds that even a single thing she says will be worth listening to?
                                        I rather liked layer Cake, Siena Miller aside. And while she may be a talentless trollop only really famous for being Jude Law's ex at least she's a HOT talentless trollop. I won't actually be listening to what she says.
                                        WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

                                        Dr Grip: Brilliant!

                                        EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

                                        Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

                                        Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.



                                        Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

                                        www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

                                        Comment


                                          #40
                                          Originally posted by Stig's_Cousin View Post

                                          The airport racing and new BMW Z4 has been taken off for the test of the new 500bhp Jag, this was done by the lads.
                                          So that will be the Jag XF-R v BMW M5 shootout then. Looking forward to that although I know Jeremy's verdict already :p

                                          The Z4 dinosaur bit (and involving the 370Z too) has apparently been shifted to ep. 6 (would like to open a new pre-ep-thread there but can't) according to RadioTimes. So maybe the airport racing bit will appear in ep. 7 or get postponed.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X