[15x05] July 25th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that would make three American guests in a row. Surely, there were some Brits that haven't gone on the show and are petrolhead-y?

Only on FG could two of the most famous filmstars of today be on that pokey motoring show (which isn't quite so pokey any more) and the first thing to happen is complaints. :lol: Only on FG...

Anyway, for one, the show is looking to be very good indeed. Can't wait for this Sunday! :D

Only on FG could two of the most famous filmstars of today be on that pokey motoring show (which isn't quite so pokey any more) and the first thing to happen is complaints. :lol: Only on FG...
Well, Cameron Diaz has the face of a frog (nice body though) and Tom Cruise is a member of Scientology, so what did you expect? Looking forward to that either way, should be very entertaining.

Tom Cruise is a douche, but besides that it sounds to be a great episode!

Very much looking forward to it :)

By no means was I saying I think they're the best/prettiest/most morally right/most right etc etc. I just think that in this modern day of the papparazi I'm up for at least seeing if they can really come across as decent people. Again, I'm not condoning anything they may have done.

I'd just rather see petrolheads in the RPC than people who are merely there to fulfil some contractual obligation and/or plug their latest offering.

That said I think they are probably the two highest earning guests TG has ever had on, although Jay Kay and Chris Evans are pretty minted!

I'd just rather see petrolheads in the RPC than people who are merely there to fulfil some contractual obligation and/or plug their latest offering.

Certainly agree with you on that one. A quick look shows that both of them don't seem to have new films being released any time soon. It could be books, but then why both of them? I'm hoping for a genuinely interesting couple of guests, but its unlikely and all they'll talk about is Mission Impossible and The Fucking Retarded Not Based South Of The Alps Job.

Certainly agree with you on that one. A quick look shows that both of them don't seem to have new films being released any time soon. It could be books, but then why both of them? I'm hoping for a genuinely interesting couple of guests, but its unlikely and all they'll talk about is Mission Impossible and The Fucking Retarded Not Based South Of The Alps Job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_and_Day

Very much looking forward to Senna film

You have to remember that Top Gear is no the BBC's premier talk show for 10-15mins every week, so I'm sure they could pretty much get any guest on who wants to plug something. If that's your thing.

Sounds like a promising episode actually, proper car stuff not, for example, pushing campervans off cliffs

Ah didn't spot that. I think I saw the 2nd July UK release date and passed it off. I'm still hoping for at least more than 3 seconds of decent car talk, although this is unlikely. It'll go: "OMG LOOK ITS CRUISE AND DIAZ!!!!111! [5 minutes later]...So, your new film [5 minutes later]..you both own Prius'...Here are your laps." Unfortunately.

I really look forward to the Senna segment. He is one of my favorite F1 drivers of all time. This episode sounds pretty good

If Clarkson goes through the entire interview without mentioning the fact that Tom Cruise is an complete lunatic I'm going to be pissed.

All looks excellent except the interview... I could care less about some film stars. *yawn*

The rest looks amazingly promising though!

I think it will a good thing to have Cruise and Diaz there. She can be quite charming on talk shows, and from what I know that guy is a pretty epic gearhead, into cars, bikes, and airplanes. I hear he even has his own P-51 Mustang.

If Clarkson goes through the entire interview without mentioning the fact that Tom Cruise is an complete lunatic I'm going to be pissed.

Hello, "preconditions of interview".

Watch the subject get avoided quite a lot.

Supposedly, TC is a fan of the show and has wanted to be on for some time, not to mention a "proper petrolhead" (and fan of motorcycles). Cameron Diaz is also a car lover, despite the eco-mentalism.

Also, Wossy's show is no more. (This would also explain Andy Garcia's appearance last week, and Jeff Goldblum's upcoming one.)

Just hope that Clarkson doesn't hold back in the interview. Hope he isn't initimidated by these two big Hollywood Stars. So far, Clarkson hasn't been intimidated by anything or anyone, so chances are that it might be a quite interesting interview :)

Status
Not open for further replies.