[18x07] March 11th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd already had similar thoughts and that doesn't surprise me since we have the Diamond Jubilations, European Football Cup, World Running/Jumping/Throwing Contest

I reckon we can expect a 6 show run squeezed in between the end of the Olympics/Paralympics and the start of Britain's Got Strictly X-Rated on Ice.

I have a massive party to go to on Saturday so no doubt I will find this one a bit excrutiating, whatever the quality of the content.

There's no time to squeeze in six episodes in between the Olympics and X Factor. Olympics ends on the 12th of August and X Factor is usually on the penultimate weekend of August (18th-19th). Strictly is usually on a bit later. Seems like Top Gear is going to have to go up against at least one of them this year.

Depends on when the X Factor results shows are broadcast. If they do Sundays at 9pm then they'd be OK.

He-he was very restrained I'll have you know! (i.e. had a bit of a relapse and was too tired to hang around, so the man got off lightly). The last time I asked him (couple of series ago) he just said they were running out of ideas and it didn't gel as well as it used to. I meant to ask him when they were back for the next series but forgot. However, Jeremy did say something that triggered my antenna... 'we'll just leave him up there until the Autumn'. The Autumn. :hmm:

I noticed that too. Well, perhaps with the olympics and what-not it'd be unwise to film a summer series...

And at least it gives them time to get some quality stuff in the can!

I was planning on trying to collar Wilman after the filming (not hard since he-he would have had him in a headlock by then!) to ask what had happened to the Cool Wall. I really used to enjoy it and since it's a pretty cheap item to do and they keep complaining about budget cuts it would make a useful filler once of twice in each run.

Sadly I had to get Dr Grip back to Gatwick to catch his flight home so we had to skip out about 15 minutes before they wrapped up.

I'll try to remember to ask him next time I go.

Please do! :) I miss the Cool Wall, and it would definitely be something to bring back to keep things within budget. :nod:

On the other hand, the news (as MWF pointed out) are much longer than the cut that makes it into the episode and at least this time, most of the news that won't make it to TV consisted of Jezza using language you are not allowed to use on TV, so there would be enough material....

Wilman, if you read this: Wouldn't a 18+ rated "Top Gear news uncut" Christmas DVD make a great cash cow? Get some intern to do a rough color correction on the live cut used for the studio monitors, have another intern do a DVD menu, $$$. Most parents are irresponsible enough to get one for their kids, no matter what rating.

This! :dance: Also, and the most important thing: Make the DVD region-free!

I meant to ask him when they were back for the next series but forgot. However, Jeremy did say something that triggered my antenna... 'we'll just leave him up there until the Autumn'. The Autumn. :hmm:

I'd already had similar thoughts and that doesn't surprise me since we have the Diamond Jubilations, European Football Cup, World Running/Jumping/Throwing Contest

I reckon we can expect a 6 show run squeezed in between the end of the Olympics/Paralympics and the start of Britain's Got Strictly X-Rated on Ice.

There's no time to squeeze in six episodes in between the Olympics and X Factor. Olympics ends on the 12th of August and X Factor is usually on the penultimate weekend of August (18th-19th). Strictly is usually on a bit later. Seems like Top Gear is going to have to go up against at least one of them this year.

Plus, August is usually when they all break away from filming stuff for the show to do their Christmas DVDs for the year. IMO, there's no way they're back that soon.

If they're not going to be back before the Olympics, the only time that makes sense is the autumn.

Olympics TG cross over film perhaps? Well looks like a good show on Sunday, I can't wait.

"British Summer Olympics Special" ?

I mean they did a winter olympics special a few years ago... it would make sense. And they don't have to travel across the world to film stuff either...

Olympics TG cross over film perhaps? Well looks like a good show on Sunday, I can't wait.

"British Summer Olympics Special" ?

I mean they did a winter olympics special a few years ago... it would make sense. And they don't have to travel across the world to film stuff either...

That whole idea was the basis for TG Live last autumn. I can't see them revisiting that for a filmed special. If they do I hope they manage to come up with some new ideas.

I'd rather they just film an actual TG Live show and televise it, in that case. :nod:

awesome to see all you guys together :D How I wish I could be part of that little group... Hmmm, one can always dream (and I do, frequently!)

It sounds like an incredible show, I have very high expectations now!

One of presenters said in an interview that TG had got into trouble for calling the latest incarnation of TGLive - 'Top Gear Olympics' - evidently the IOC are the only people who can use the word 'Olympics' - in case people get confused as to which event is the 'proper' Olympics! :?

TopGear's 10th Birthday is on the 20th October (a Saturday) - it would be quite nice for Series 19 to be airing at that time - presuming they don't forget and miss it like they did the 100th ep.:rolleyes:

Last "transmission" is up for this episode:
http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2012/03/09/the-chaps-introduce-the-last-episode-of-the-series/

I hope Jeremy didn't find it too boring... because this series has been a cracker of a show. To spoil the transmission video, they said it was one of the rare times when they all legitimately tried, and it turned out to be the best day filming in years...

So I have high hopes for this one as well. And to any Top Gear people who may peruse this: We told you so! Trying *does* make for good television when done properly... haha.

Reactions: MWF
Any chance the interview can be embedded here? For some reason the top gear site doesn't work in either browser I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.