Top Gear In American Again

Doesn't really seem like a fair comparison if that's what they're doing. All three of those cars are in their own segment (cheap muscle car, high performance sports saloon, and well .... a supercar I guess). Thoughts?

Doesn't really seem like a fair comparison if that's what they're doing. All three of those cars are in their own segment (cheap muscle car, high performance sports saloon, and well .... a supercar I guess). Thoughts?
Yeah, the Corvette will eat those two for lunch.

I assume it's less of a comparison and more of a... cruise I guess.

I hope they make it back to Britain in time! The BritCar 24hr race is this weekend!!

OMGGG Droolllll
But no Mustang of anykind? /cries

New Camaro and Challenger do have a very similar profile...

this should be interesting though. I can only assume they each "chose" the best American car and are arguing their points, as May has already shown that he likes the Cadillac and Hammond the Challenger, while Clarkson maintains that the only good American car is the Corvette.

And the end of the show they will say "Don't go to America, because they have cake frosting in an aerosol can!"

If it was cream in an aerosol can they'd have a point. I hadn't had that since I was a nipper; cue one trip to New York, cue me forgetting to ask the ice cream place not to pick up the aerosol cream, cue me being brutally reminded it's still as horrible now as it was 20 years ago...

The ice cream, I approved of.

fabulous news, this... great pics! Congrats on the baby btw :).

can't wait for the ep, and yeah... i wish I knew james in real life. he's such an excellent personality :)

Perhaps this road trip they are taking is similar to the Aston-Lambo-Porsche trip they took in Series 10 (The "find-the-best-road-in-the-world" trip), only it will be more like a "what-is-the-best-American-car" trip.

I'm so excited!!

Thanks for the pics, and congrats on the baby girl!

I bet they're recognized more and more these days. Thanks to BBC America and this site, Top Gear UK is a phenomenon in the USA.

The new Challengers are positively enormous! I saw a black R/T last month and my 6'3" husband looked small standing beside it. Wonder if Hammond needed a booster seat to see over the dash?

well that should be fantastic, looking forward to seeing what they have to say about the zr-1.

On a less cheerful note, is anyone else skeptical that TG will be back on when James said it will be? I mean, it's less than a month away and they still have things to film. Seems like a tight window to finish everything up, edit, etc. etc.

thanks on that.. lol i posted before really searching the site for the correct board... Cheers. I called my friend in Salt Lake and he called Bonneville.. The whole course is closed for the day for filming.... The Rep said for a foreign car show. .

To the member asking about whether they were noticed... I guess so.. From what my relative told me Clarkson and Hammond were getting hassled while eating dinner and left the restaurant. And that Hammond was also getting random calls in his room. The only reason i was allowed near the crew is the fact that I worked for the hotel security and have a relative in a high position on the security staff. I also had to promise the producer (great guy) I wouldn't take pictures of 1 gentlemen (Wonder who) and that I wouldn't hound the presenters with "trivial questions and autographs". I spoke with many of the crew and they are all great guys. By the way on the person I couldn't photograph It is not Damon Hill.. and has a thick german accent. (Not Schumacher either)

Last edited:
Clarkson head must be exploding with all sorts of pushrod power jokes.

Just about every uninformed spectator thinks the Challenger is the new Camaro. I find myself correcting people all the time.

That does show the problem with the modern variants, the old ones are HUGELY different, where as the modern ones have quite a similar silhouette