No announcement yet.

Top Gear In American Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic photos!! Thank you so much for posting And congrats on the baby - I've got one on the way too. James looks a little out of place with her though

I object to the beige

Comment

I just got a phone call from a friend who said he is on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah near the Nevada border and the TG crew are there getting ready to film tomorrow.

Comment

This sounds like an awesome trip. My two favorite cars from GM and my favorite from Dodge. I hope Clarkson/May have good things to say about the ZR1 and the CTS-V. They are pretty damn good cars.
        Never put off for tomorrow what you can do today

Comment

Originally posted by Servius View Post
          thanks on that.. lol i posted before really searching the site for the correct board... Cheers. I called my friend in Salt Lake and he called Bonneville.. The whole course is closed for the day for filming.... The Rep said for a foreign car show. .

To the member asking about whether they were noticed... I guess so.. From what my relative told me Clarkson and Hammond were getting hassled while eating dinner and left the restaurant. And that Hammond was also getting random calls in his room. The only reason i was allowed near the crew is the fact that I worked for the hotel security and have a relative in a high position on the security staff. I also had to promise the producer (great guy) I wouldn't take pictures of 1 gentlemen (Wonder who) and that I wouldn't hound the presenters with "trivial questions and autographs". I spoke with many of the crew and they are all great guys. By the way on the person I couldn't photograph It is not Damon Hill.. and has a thick german accent. (Not Schumacher either)
          Wow, cool, right place, right time, right people...i am reading dyslexic today, but is that - the fact the man you could not photograph - he has a German accent? hm...

Sounds like they are still in town then.... surprising they were hassled eating - I know we love TG but it's still not totally a mainstream show in US.

Comment

I have a feeling, for a change, that they will like their cars this time round. Does look like a series of challenges, too! Cannot bloody wait!

As for the person you couldn't photograph, I'd say you should remove the info you already posted on him, it's better for everyone that way .

Comment

Made FLD as well:

http://www.fastlanedaily.com/episode/fld_20080919 Starts just after 6 mins

Top Gear / Finalgear Relations Manager

Comment

I can't wait to see this!
                Although, I'm only excited about Hammond and May reviewing the Caddy and the Dogde. I can already tell what Clarkson has to say about the ZR-1.
                "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

Comment

I have a friend that just called me. A friend of his was doing some testing out at the Salt Flats and told him they were there and were taking over at six. I doubt they can get all their filming in tonight. I'm hoping they are there tomorrow so I can go out there and possibly meet them.
                  Clint ~ 1989 LeBaron GTC TII | 1991 Stealth R/T TT | 2005 Dodge SRT-4

Comment

If you don't have a good camera, you will borrow one, kapisci?

Final Gear around the world care package
                    discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

CTS-V and ZR1 =

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
                        If you don't have a good camera, you will borrow one, kapisci?
                        I have a five MP and my friend has a DSLR. We'll be sure to get good pics one way or another.
                        Clint ~ 1989 LeBaron GTC TII | 1991 Stealth R/T TT | 2005 Dodge SRT-4

Comment

Damn, this thread made it all around the Internet today.
                          My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                          There is no replacement for displacement.
                          - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                          ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                          - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Top Gear at Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah
                            http://flickr.com/photos/pricery/2872029092/
                            http://flickr.com/photos/pricery/2871085597/
                            http://flickr.com/photos/pricery/2871910476/

Comment

can anyone please tell me where they are now?!! i must meet them! i live 5 minutes from sfo! OMG someone please tell me where they are! im dying here! haha

Comment

Originally posted by its2realj View Post
                                can anyone please tell me where they are now?!! i must meet them! i live 5 minutes from sfo! OMG someone please tell me where they are! im dying here! haha
                                They're in Utah now. They were in SF a few days ago, but drove to Bonneville.
                                Last edited by Viper007Bond; September 20th, 2008, 6:08 AM.
                                My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                                - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                                ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

As mentioned in an earlier post before, they have been intruded a lot of people and by the looks of it, it's really buggering them. So I think personally it's best to give them some space for them to have some time on their own and also to do their job too.

Comment

Originally posted by Richmondgal View Post
                                    As mentioned in an earlier post before, they have been intruded a lot of people and by the looks of it, it's really buggering them. So I think personally it's best to give them some space for them to have some time on their own and also to do their job too.
                                    Indeed! Let's make them feel welcome here.

For the lazy:

Last edited by Viper007Bond; September 20th, 2008, 8:33 AM. Reason: Mirrored images on Phyrefile

Comment

just want to meet them.... dude this show changed my life!! haha i must wait at sfo!

Comment

Originally posted by its2realj View Post
                                        just want to meet them.... dude this show changed my life!! haha i must wait at sfo!
                                        They're leaving via Denver.

Comment

NO!!!!!!!!! AHHH!!! DAMMIT.... at least its gonna be a good episode! hahaha cant wait!

Comment

Working...
                                          X