Top Gear In American Again

Indeed! Let's make them feel welcome here. :)

For the lazy:

2872082712_5ddc45bff6.jpg

James in a Cobra?? :blink::lol:
I can't wait for this episode... and season 12 in general.

And no Camaro? Awwww

Last edited:
Last edited:
Badass!! Can't wait for this episode! Too bad their ain't no Ford blue thrown in the mix... :(

Just love the cars and the location is excellent.

Well done to all the contributors to this great Thread, especially:

Kdahlstrom ? for the initial SFO info,

DLyds & Polygon & freinds , and finally

Servius & pricery for the great pictures.

This should be a great segment for series 12, I can?t wait. :cool:

It's going to be an amazing show, great cars, great scenery....

It would be great if apart from this test they did an USA vs UK challenge between the presenters of both shows, so that they could introduce the US version of TG.

So they're competing who can drive an American car faster in a straight line? Figures. :p

You know, I look at those pics, and it kinda brings a smile to my face knowing that Americans still know how to build a few really really nice cars :)

Thanks to servius and pricery for the mega-awesome-full-of-epic-win pics!!

Lovely cars, lovely scenery, Capt. Slow in a perfectly curved ballcap...dammit, I can't wait long enough for Series 12!!

TopGear have already tested the Ford, Shelby and Roush Mustangs. What more do you want?

I'm being slightly sarcastic. I know they've tested every sports car Ford currently offers and don't really care all that much that there isn't a Ford in the segment. I just don't like Chevys or Mopars.

Corvettes bore me, they are more or less the same year after year.

The Challenger is a great looking car but, it is a fat pig that isn't really going to accomplish much sports wise.

The CTS-V is flat-out badass. I just prefer the last gen styling a little more.

I'm being slightly sarcastic. I know they've tested every sports car Ford currently offers and don't really care all that much that there isn't a Ford in the segment. I just don't like Chevys or Mopars.

Corvettes bore me, they are more or less the same year after year.

The Challenger is a great looking car but, it is a fat pig that isn't really going to accomplish much sports wise.

The CTS-V is flat-out badass. I just prefer the last gen styling a little more.

if the 427 Cobra sitting there makes it into the mix at all, they will have something with a Ford Engine in it anyways... Shelby's Cobra is one of the most awesome cars ever, it's still fast today. Cool that they had one at the flats, even if they didn't use it.

Absolutely fantastic - thanks so much for the heads up. This has the potential to be such an awesome episode. And you're right Viper - these are all over the interwebs, thanks to you!

Wow, you folks are awesome! Great pics!

I, too, hope they don't get too mobbed by pushy fans. Sucks that they got harassed at dinner. But I guess it's inevitable: they probably get a few crazies now wherever they go.

I really hoped they would film something in SF - I have the perfect set-up for them: The Critical Mass bike ride. If you're from SF you'll know what I mean. Once a month, the nutbag cyclists in SF take over some of the streets and ride like idiots, blocking intersections, pounding on motorists hoods, and generally being anti-automobile. You just have to stay out of downtown on that day.

I think they're campaigning for cyclists' rights or something. Maybe they want more bike lanes or something. But they've been doing it for years and as far as I know, have never accomplished anything. They just make everyone hate them.

The boys could have endless fun with that, no?

I hope they put some good muscle car era music in this episode... some Steppenwolf and stuff like that would be cool.