Prince Harry rumoured to have agreed to be SIARPC

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
'Top Gear'.

The show's presenter Jeremy Clarkson has persuaded the Royal to be the 'Star in a reasonably priced car', according to The Sun.

A source told the paper: "The prince is a massive 'Top Gear' fan and is dying to give the Kia a spin. He loves driving and ideally he'd like to beat Tom Cruise just for the boasting rights."

They added: "He doesn't want it to be all about him. He wants to raise awareness of the Armed Forces."

The news comes on the day it is reported that the Prince has completed a training course to fly Apache helicopters and could fly them in Afghanistan as early as next Spring.

Previous personalities who have appeared in the popular slot include Simon Cowell, Sienna Miller, Jamie Oliver, Stephen Fry, Katie Price and Cliff Richard.

Tom Cruise briefly held the record time for fastest lap in the Kia Cee'd with 1:44.2, however, he was beaten in January by comedian John Bishop who achieved a time of 1:42.8.

If Prince Harry appears on 'Top Gear', it won't be the first time that a member of the British Royal Family has made an unexpected TV appearance...

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/news-extra/article/132275/prince-harry-to-appear-on-top-gear.html

Wonder if he'll have a go at Jezza for saying that "gingers smell different" or whatever it was he said.

I forget which episode it was, but in the intro they showed a small bit of the Lacetti driving with little flags on the front, and saying that the Queen herself was the SIARPC.

I wonder if they'll do that for real on the Kia? :p

I forget which episode it was, but in the intro they showed a small bit of the Lacetti driving with little flags on the front, and saying that the Queen herself was the SIARPC.

It wasn't the Lacetti; it was the Liana. Fake intro montage thingie for 3x09 (the original "cut price" episode ;)).

It's possible. Wasn't there a news story about Clarkson playing tennis against one of the royals while on holiday in Barbados, or was that a story that exists only in HIGNFY?

He played against Prince Harry. :nod:

We only need him to turn up in his amusing Nazi costume and it'll all kick off again

Reactions: MWF
We only need him to turn up in his amusing Nazi costume and it'll all kick off again

With Hammond in May's normal place dressed as a sleeping Mexican!

:rofl:

By Motoring Research for MSN Autos

Prince Harry is being lined up by Jeremy Clarkson to appear on the next series of Top Gear.

The Sun reports that Clarkson wants the Royal to be a ?Star in a Reasonably Priced Car," driving the famous Top Gear Kia cee?d.

Apparently, Prince Harry is a Top Gear fan and has said he wants to beat the fastest time set by Tom Cruise (recently also beaten by comedian John Bishop).

The Sun also says that Prince Harry wants to raise awareness of the Armed Forces ? which could lead to a ?unique? demonstration of Military equipment, in the famous Top Gear style!

Clarkson is a friend of Prince Harry, says The Sun, which means the famous Royal could actually appear on Top Gear, when the series returns later in the year.

The 17th series of the show is scheduled to appear in June 2011, Jeremy Clarkson has revealed.

That would be interesting.

I admit to being a little confused by that "raising awareness of the armed forces" thing. In my experience, they're pretty hard to miss. And they've got guns.

May be the charity - http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/?gclid=CLaoyvqx1KcCFUEb4QodyFxu-g

I urge all our FG Ukanians to contribute.

They did not start the war, they are the poor sods who just had to fight it without the right equipment and support. We have to rally round as the government seem to want to wash their hands of their responsibilities. Only the very best is good enough for the guys and girls injured.

Stupid NHS hospital in Fucking Birmingham - a city full of Muslims who seem to be a bit short of the smarts. The armed forces used to have their own - Navy had Haslar near me for instance - shut it down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Hospital_Haslar

Last edited:
Yeah, it's got to be Help for Heroes.

Maybe they could "borrow" some army equipment and have a little (i.e big) demonstration on the track. That would be sure to get quite a few complaints!

I'd love to see Barack Obama give it a whirl, but I doubt the Secret Service would let him.
Maybe they could "borrow" some army equipment and have a little (i.e big) demonstration on the track. That would be sure to get quite a few complaints!
Hey, leave the TG Track alone. It isn't responsible for the clusterfuck going on in the middle east at the moment.