A few sightings for S17 (probably)

he-he

Car(s)
Lotus Elise SC; still misses motorbike :(
Maybe there's a Jeremy and Richard challenge film coming up in the next series? There were no mentions of James in any of the articles.

Interesting cars. Thanks for posting these, I would've got down there myself had I known there would be dropping in.

Looks like a second-hand-luxury-coup?-for-less-than-10k-pound-challenge .
I think James broke down on the way there :D
Will be good, thats for sure.

The BMW is a 850 and the Merc is a CL500 (or 600, or 55, or 65) for those who don't know. Looks like a large German coupe on the cheap challenge. :D

Edit: The last article says that the Merc is a "GL650"...:rofl:

Last edited:
it is the old cl but the facelifted modell. furthermore i guess it's the 500 because there isn't any badge on the side of that mercedes, where there's usually a v8 (kompressor) or v12 (biturbo) sign if it would be a 600, 55 or 65.

The 8-series BMW could also be a 840i or even 830i...
i don't really think that hammond got his hands on a 850CSi ;)
// my mystake, it's a 850CI if you believe the people who just invented the GL650 ;)

Last edited:
Is there ever an 830i been made?! I thought it was just the 840 and 850.

As this thread doesn't seem specific to one sighting, I thought I'd add here that James and Jeremy have been spotted in Lincoln, recharging electric cars outside the county council building. Quite a few excited people on Twitter :)

@wriggy: Friend on Facebook said that "Jeremy Clarkson and James May are filming Top Gear outside the [Lincoln] Council building!" Give me a brake...

But @wriggy's scepticism may be misplaced, because a couple of minutes later, this appeared:

@PageNelsonLaw: So i hear Jeremy Clarkson & James May just stopped outside Lincolnshire County Council to Charge their electric cars...wish I'd seen that!!

New Waltham resident Mr Kavanagh told the Grimsby Telegraph: "I wrote a letter to them saying I could put my white Ford Sierra taxi around the track faster than the Stig.

"As they were in the area, they came to have a look at the car and they are now arranging for it to be taken to the track.

"They are doing a small feature on it and they have already done some filming of the car here.

"They're going to write to me and let me know the date for the track day."

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news...taxi-town/article-3557689-detail/article.html

The BMW is a 850 and the Merc is a CL500 (or 600, or 55, or 65) for those who don't know. Looks like a large German coupe on the cheap challenge. :D

Edit: The last article says that the Merc is a "GL650"...:rofl:

I was about to google GL650, thinking what on earth is that and why is it mentioned in the same breath as the awesome 8-series BMW. Then I twigged.

It probably is a CL500 because I was being curious on autotrader a while ago and couldnt really believe how cheap they are (for what is essentially an S-class coupe)

I just find it hard to believe that they'd actually take him up on his "challenge", but it appears they actually went to his house and did some filming. That doesn't mean they'll use of any of the footage, of course...

I'm quite surprised. The must have been inundated* over the years by people sending them this sort of stuff. The UK fanbase alone must generate thousands.

*And I mean really inundated not :clarkson: "We have been inundated with a letter....."

The 8-series BMW could also be a 840i or even 830i...
i don't really think that hammond got his hands on a 850CSi ;)
// my mystake, it's a 850CI if you believe the people who just invented the GL650 ;)
The 830 was never put into producion, and the 13 prototypes were destroyed.

As for the car here, this is the advert for it:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2764591.htm
A 1994 850 Ci. :)

A little bird just twittered about TG currently filming in Kent...