A few sightings for S17 (probably)

That is a gorgeous E-Type. :nod:

Not terribly revealing, but worth mentioning in this thread, I guess:
They were halfway through a 103-mile trek across the South Downs Way to raise money for Help for Heroes when they bumped into the TV presenter.

Mr Clarkson ? a patron of the charity ? was filming when he went over and posed for a picture with the group.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/lo...y_clarkson_on_103_mile_charity_trek_1_2750100

Also this:
I was actually out with Jeremy and Richard last night and, unless there is something they haven't told me, we are all off next week to film part of the next series where we re-invent public transport so it's not ending now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...all-to-chris-evans-on-radio-2-115875-23185774

Last edited:
I think we might be looking at a Brit themed episode here, which would almost certainly tie in with the rumour of Prince Harry being a SIARPC.

Looks like they've got a bit of silliness going on to temper the more straight car content - well, it wouldn't be Top Gear without the odd bit of caravan-related chaos, would it?

Apparently, the guys have been filming in Rothley, Leicestershire, and I think this might have been what James meant when he recently mentioned that they were looking at 'improving' public transport.

scaledphptn0server620filenamebs3gy.jpg

scaledphptn0server739filenamezsqn.jpg

The photos came from @chloe_kinton on Twitter, who said:

They are racing a Jaguar and an Audi whilst pulling 4 caravans along a railway line!

So far there seems to be quite a nice balance to the things that have come out. There seems to be a reasonable level of properly car-based material to support the odd bit of caravan-based silliness, so fingers crossed that carries over to the end result.

This could be interesting. Obviously it itsn't meant to be taken too seriously I just hope it isn't filled with scripted bullshit and intentional fail. That recent motorhome thing they did was embarrassing to watch.

Personally, I've no problem with the caravans being on fire in itself - this is Top Gear, where anything involving caravans will automatically involve planned ridiculousness. And I also try to bear in mind that a lot of people watching find things like this funnier than I do, and it's as much their show as it is mine. Anyway, that the caravans are on fire isn't necessarily a problem; as I said earlier, most of the spoilers that have come out so far have been for pretty straight car content - not everyone will like every article and I'm happy enough for there to be silly stuff as long as there's other stuff to balance it, and it looks like there might just be :)

And I also try to bear in mind that a lot of people watching find things like this funnier than I do, and it's as much their show as it is mine.

Very true. You'll have a tough time convincing many people on here though.

I make a realistic chuffing noise - just ask the present Mrs Cobol74.

Given the people carrier, I'd thought you'd given up making realistic chuffing noises for sherry.

A little birdie told me today that there may be some filming taking place in the next few weeks in Las Vegas, involving a certain fast 4x4. My source was going out there tomorrow (Friday) morning as the driver (a possible stig too) but he says it's been cancelled.

Funnily enough, I picked up a tweet that placed James in an American arrivals lounge (don't know which airport) at around 3am (our time) on Friday....

Funnily enough, I picked up a tweet that placed James in an American arrivals lounge (don't know which airport) at around 3am (our time) on Friday....

Let's hope there's no hissy fit (allegedly) this time

Last edited: