A few sightings for S17 (probably)

Jezza was in Chilham a few days ago:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHLIkyZscY4[/youtube]

I'll have to pay attention to this episode. I used to live only a couple of miles from Chilham and went to the White Horse often (was the favourite place to take visiting friends and relatives from Oz for a pub lunch). Played cricket at a little oval just to the west of the village center and went to a falconry display at Chilham Castle (where a falcon called Bernard flew off into a tree and stayed for the duration of the exhibition, much to the distress of his trainer ... you can't beat schadenfreude when you've had a few pints).

It's mentioned in the mag preview. Bring down a row of houses using ex military hardware faster than a bunch of demolition experts.

That's not gone well....

(This is the spoiler board, do I still have to warn for a spoiler? :dunno: )

ETA: It looks like the new rule for the meedja is that one cannot do a Jezza article without mentioning his non-affair affair. Much in the sense that whenever one of them falls over it's a requirement to mention Hammond's crash.

Last edited:
It is indeed a Jensen Interceptor Series III. One of my all time favourite cars. No mention of anything like that in the series preview in the mag but Jeremy admits in the latest vid on the website that they are still filming stiff for this series so who knows. I just hope they don't fuck with it.

Could be. Or maybe something on European cars with American engines. Might make a nice piece with, say, the Facel Vega, De-Tomaso Pantera, Gordon Keeble et al. Either way it is the kind of thing James does so brilliantly.

I thought it was an Interceptor when I first saw the pic on Twitter this morning.

Slightly off-topic but - late husband and I had a Jensen 451 many moons ago, a beautiful beast and one of the predecessors of the Interceptor. We sold it for ?500 cash to a market trader because we couldn't afford to run it. Apparently it'd be worth ?30,000+ now. It was like this, only dark red.

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/di/diti/2011/07/09/jensen451a.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/di/diti/2011/07/09/jensen451b.jpg

Pardon me while I salivate. Oh, the sweep of that back window!

I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone but I can say you will see the Jensen Interceptor thing on Sunday and it is truly one of the most brilliant, original, awesome and simultaneously pant wettingly hilarious things they have ever done. :D

I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone but I can say you will see the Jensen Interceptor thing on Sunday and it is truly one of the most brilliant, original, awesome and simultaneously pant wettingly hilarious things they have ever done. :D

This has definitely piqued my interest.

Had a friend with a Jensen Interceptor once. It was two-tone, brown with cream (manufactured in the seventies, the decade that taste forgot). She used to drive the bloody thing every day from her home to the railway station - a distance of some 400 yards. You really need 7.2 litres for that.