Wilman: The secret life of Top Gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilman: The secret life of Top Gear

Behind the scenes look at how things are done to make TG, and a revealing bit about what guests are coming on:
    Originally posted by Andy Wilman
    This series
    More at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...-Top-Gear.html ; just a written piece, with apologies to those who have been spoiled by all the video clips.
    "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
    -Redliner, ironically

That really surprises me. Most people know Rowan is a huge petrolhead but he is also reputed to be painfully shy. Having said that I just checked IMDB and was quite surprised at the number of interviews and talk show appearances he has made although I suspect much of that was for contractual plugging as much as anything else. That can't be said here since his latest project (Johnny English Reborn) isn't slated for release until October.
    WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

In any case, there shall be much rejoicing among the Final Gear patrons, methinks.
      “Relationships - of all kinds - are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.” ? Kaleel Jamison, The Nibble Theory and the Kernel of Power: A Book about Leadership, Self-Empowerment, and Personal Growth

Originally posted by Blind_Io
      Comic Sans is the font of Satan.

Comment

Rowan Atkinson!

Comment

Wonder has Jezza invited Pippa yet?
          Team Black Jack

So, that's all good.

Comment

It is a fascinating insight.

I object to the beige

Comment

Rowan Motherfucking Atkinson!!!

I've just had a geekgasm.

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
              "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
              — John F. Kennedy

Comment

About damn time.
                ??

Comment

Another Telegraph article - Top Gear in quotes by Andy.

jedd_kenobi: The next series of Top Gear has been suspended because he-he has locked up Andy Wilman in her cellar for her own producing purposes.
                  Dr_Grip: Nobody puts he-he in a corner!
                  My photography page
                  My fundraising page.

Comment

I thought this was rather telling...

That and his confession to He-he that we probably won't enjoy 17x04 that much.

Seems he's rather done a u-turn on the "it's our show and we'll make the show we want to make and if you're on the internet and you don't like it you can just fuck off!" stance that he appeared to be taking at the time.
                    WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

I wonder how that man still hasn't lost his mind.
                      He is responsible for schedule, budget and quality of TG. I guess a lot of his job is to say "no" to JC. If there are complaints it's his call if they need dealing with.
                      He used to look like a tiger ready to pounce but has become much more relaxed in recent years.

Comment

Working...
                      X