Wilman: The secret life of Top Gear

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5 #900
That really surprises me. Most people know Rowan is a huge petrolhead but he is also reputed to be painfully shy. Having said that I just checked IMDB and was quite surprised at the number of interviews and talk show appearances he has made although I suspect much of that was for contractual plugging as much as anything else. That can't be said here since his latest project (Johnny English Reborn) isn't slated for release until October.

In any case, there shall be much rejoicing among the Final Gear patrons, methinks. :nod:

Wonder has Jezza invited Pippa yet?

Rowan Motherfucking Atkinson!!!:D

I've just had a geekgasm.

I thought this was rather telling...

?I think we went through our little crisis about two years ago when I did that blog [responding to criticism of the show]. I think we?d just done that art gallery film, which was utter dogs---e.?

That and his confession to He-he that we probably won't enjoy 17x04 that much.

Seems he's rather done a u-turn on the "it's our show and we'll make the show we want to make and if you're on the internet and you don't like it you can just fuck off!" stance that he appeared to be taking at the time.

I wonder how that man still hasn't lost his mind.
He is responsible for schedule, budget and quality of TG. I guess a lot of his job is to say "no" to JC. If there are complaints it's his call if they need dealing with.
He used to look like a tiger ready to pounce but has become much more relaxed in recent years.