Clarkson mentions coming to India for christmas special

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are?

Well, there was last year, but it was a bit of an accident!

What about the entire plane vs Veyron episode, or the entire Japan episode, or 12x08 or 14x06? Those were before last year.

There are?

yeah last year's, and the year before when jeremy went along death road by himself in bolivia... and in vietnam when they kept leaving either james/jeremy behind, and in botswana when hammond had to fix oliver... so yeah they always do seem to have time without someone :)

Will have to go some distance to beat my favourite of all the specials they did - the Vietnam special. That was just brilliant.

India must be one of the most photogenic countries.....in the world. This special is going to be gold. :)

Last edited:
What about the entire plane vs Veyron episode, or the entire Japan episode, or 12x08 or 14x06? Those were before last year.

They weren't "specials", as such. Well, 12x08 and 14x06 might be, but I don't memorise episode numbers so I've no idea what they were.

There are?

Well, there was last year, but it was a bit of an accident!

There sort of are - in the first US special, James and Richard were left together when Jeremy went off to find the cow, and Jeremy and Richard sabotaged James's air conditioning, in Botswana, James and Jeremy left Richard to it after Oliver got waterlogged, and there was the bit with the cow head in the tent, in Vietnam James and Richard got to spend quite a lot of time waiting for Jeremy and his rubbish Vespa and James and Jeremy painted Richard's bike pink, and in Bolivia, Jeremy buggered off on the death road, later 'assuming' the others had died... It's not always something that makes you think 'oh, they're splitting them up to vary the dynamic', and it's not always for a long time, but I suppose it could work if Jeremy disappeared ahead of James and Richard/got left behind at some point.

You're confusing races (which have other content and always had an audience/SIARPC) with specials or roadtrips, most of which don't really feature an audience.

You're confusing races (which have other content and always had an audience/SIARPC) with specials or roadtrips, most of which don't really feature an audience.

You're correct with the first two I mentioned, not the second.

It's a rule of thumb. Rules are meant to be broken.

As, in some cases, are thumbs. :evil:

7x05 (plane vs. Veyron) and 11x04 (race across Japan) were normal episodes and epic races, which are generally one of them (mostly Jeremy) vs. the other two (mostly James and Richard) anyway. 12x08 (Vietnam) and 14x06 (Bolivia/Chile) were specials and road trips. :)

There are?

Yes.

@MadCarburetor
Did you get to see what cars they have got. Some guy in that forum has mentioned this

Yep they are in Mumbai now and are shooting in the city for the day.

Cars - Austin, Mini, RR, Xjf, some Chevy for the camera...all old cars not the current gen.
Slightly disappointing that they are not getting any Indian cars.

They will also be heading to Jaipur.

Met Hammond, May, & Clarkson in Mumbai today:
That's my friend on the left, Richard and James in the middle, Then my brother, And me on the right.
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sa/santaji/2011/10/02/DSC06666.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sa/santaji/2011/10/02/DSC06667.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sa/santaji/2011/10/02/DSC06668.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sa/santaji/2011/10/02/DSC06674.JPG
I was freaking out and couldn't believe i was actually seeing them, So they probably thought i was a idiot :mrgreen:
I asked James if it was a cheap car challenge, He said it wasn't, Richard said they had a Rolls Royce, A old Mini, And a Jag. But there where no cars in sight.
Jeremy wasn't around at first, But joined Hammond and May later (after we left, We saw him walking towards them), I took some pics from our car, And later got a pic with him getting into one of the camera cars.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It was epic.
I pointed out my Dad's old Beetle which was parked nearby, And my brother mentioned the Top Gear episode where they dropped one from a helicopter. James was like "Did we?", And Hammond said "Oh, That was me, I did that". James then said "Sorry about that". :D

It was epic.
I pointed out my Dad's old Beetle which was parked nearby, And my brother mentioned the Top Gear episode where they dropped one from a helicopter. James was like "Did we?", And Hammond said "Oh, That was me, I did that". James then said "Sorry about that". :D

Porsche 911 vs Gravity powered beetle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAbcw5s9_8

---
I'm really quite looking forward to this special though! I've not seen much on India as a whole, so it'll be neat to see the countryside while they make a hash of a race :p

Status
Not open for further replies.