More Cocking About for Series 18: Mobility Scooters

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
This was just posted today (1/18/12) on the Daily Mail... only the pictures can describe! I'm thinking that this one might have some serious potential.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rkson-races-town-centre-mobility-scooter.html

article-0-0F83A5F700000578-557_468x679.jpg

article-0-0F83A59300000578-618_468x456.jpg

article-2088443-0F83A59E00000578-968_468x452.jpg

Last edited:
If that's the "how hard can it be" challenge, I'm looking forward to it. They might even do something useful with it.

Either it's cocking about or they're warning us all of the impending Hoveround Invasion.

Things like this *can* be funny, if they don't drag it on too long and make it part of something else. It's a good 'balancing' factor.

When they make stuff like this the "highlight" of the episode, thats when I think the quality suffers. But that said, it might be funny in whatever state its in. It certainly won't be informative, so we'll have to wait and see :p

Oh great. Another "funny" challenge.

Spoilers:

- James gets lost
- Jeremy wins
- Lots of - later - - much later - - much, much later- jokes

While this looks like it could be some crappy cocking about the subject matter looks like it has potential. I hope for more like amphibious cars and less like Eagle Hammerhead Thrust or whatever it was called.

It all depends how long this runs. If it's more than a nine-minute feature, then there will be problems, especially given their penchant for running out of decent ideas for the second parts of split features. At least we might have some early indication during the broadcast of Crap Approaching: if Jezza says "...and cued the music", it's time to take shelter.

Or at least use that time to go to the fridge and get another beer.

While this looks like it could be some crappy cocking about the subject matter looks like it has potential. I hope for more like amphibious cars and less like Eagle Hammerhead Thrust or whatever it was called.

And that was precisely what I was thinking, just not in those precise words :p

I've been mulling this over.

Two approaches could actually work. One simply rips into old people, a pet hate of many petrolheads with the way they drive. The other is the "we're not getting any younger what will we do when we need one of these?"

Or a combination of the two.

But the more I think about it the more I am looking forward to it. Those things are so inherently ridiculous anyway they lend themselves to some larking about. If it isn't larking about with scripted fail then it should be a good one.

The rule TG should remember is this.

Fail while really trying = win. (Robin Rocket*, amphibious cars, Britcar)

Try while failing unreally = fail. (motor homes, Indian trade mission, cheap police cars)

*Yes, I know aspects of that were faked but the thing flew and it had to crash because making the thing actually controllable would have been too damn risky. I figured that when I saw the ailerons were flapping on brass door hinges in the breeze.

Must a whole 30 seconds worth in that.

Hard to tell the difference between that and what I imagine his "I'm cold and wet in Wales in the middle of fucking January" face would be.

Or the "I look like this so you can't tell that all I am smelling is the overwhelming stench of fail" face.

Try while failing unreally = fail. (motor homes, Indian trade mission, cheap police cars)

Are you seriously saying there was something wrong with cheap police cars? What is it that goes on inside of your head?

Topic back on; this has potential for lots of "May-old man" jokes and general laughter from the pit of yer stomach. Can't wait.

Reactions: MWF