More Cocking About for Series 18: Mobility Scooters

It was far from bad enough to compare to India. For God's sake people...

Are you seriously saying there was something wrong with cheap police cars? What is it that goes on inside of your head?

A personal opinion. Matt thinks it's Fail, and I see his point. It's one of the few Cheap Car Challenges that should have been longer, we should have seen the modifications in process, and then there were the mods themselves: James had the seed of a great idea with his mod, Richard was...well, being Richard, but he took it seriously, then Jeremy ruined it by being totally asinine.

this has potential for lots of "May-old man" jokes

Another equine that's been pummeled to a fine paste already.

and general laughter from the pit of yer stomach.

I get that feeling too. It's called acid reflux.

1. I wouldn't be surprised if they used music from that video for this segment.
2. If there's an organization out there for users of mobility chairs, I'm expecting them to be up in arms about this no matter what writing line they take. BBC Complaints had better brace itself.
3. Is Hammond wearing earplugs?

2. If there's an organization out there for users of mobility chairs, I'm expecting them to be up in arms about this no matter what writing line they take. BBC Complaints had better brace itself.
This reminded me - and I'm quite disappointed I didn't think of it sooner - of a thread I once started about an organization that wasn't happy about a column written by Richard about mobility scooters. I found the thread, but the links in the OP are out-dated, sadly. Also, it makes you wonder if they had this idea in the back of their mind since then lol.

Last edited:
Are you seriously saying there was something wrong with cheap police cars? What is it that goes on inside of your head?

Topic back on; this has potential for lots of "May-old man" jokes and general laughter from the pit of yer stomach. Can't wait.

What goes on in my head is an opinion, which may differ from yours but to which I am entitled. The cheap police cars was badly edited and full of continuity errors and in my opinion was full of lame and predictable crap with the three stooges playing up to their contrived caricatures.

My stance on TG films is that when they make a genuine attempt to succeed at something but fail in the process, letting things happen naturally and the presenters just behave as themselves then that works. When they incorporate the failure into the original plan and shooting script and expect the presenters to pull it off it doesn't, simply because they aren't actors and are utterly unconvincing. The show really doesn't need it to be good but sadly they seem to think otherwise.

What I don't need is some jumped-up, snot-nosed Junior IceBone calling me insane or an idiot or whatever each time I express a view about how I feel that populist fanboi-ism is sending one of my favourite shows hurtling down the sewer.

Is that a little girl with a friggin leash at the very end of that clip??? WTF???

They are reins that parents normally use when kids first start walking to prevent tears and tumbles and the kid getting lost. Since that child looks to be at least 3 years old I feel I should join you in a large glass of WTF.

What I don't need is some jumped-up, snot-nosed Junior IceBone calling me insane or an idiot or whatever each time I express a view about how I feel that populist fanboi-ism is sending one of my favourite shows hurtling down the sewer.

Do yourself a favour and get a reality check. Being so bent over a TV show is just not good for the health status. I just like to WATCH, have a laugh and forget the misery of life, not OBSESS. Something that quite a few people so far agreed with privately.

And junior Icebone? Seriously? The only thing between us is Slovenia. And even that is relative.

Do yourself a favour and get a reality check. Being so bent over a TV show is just not good for the health status. I just like to WATCH, have a laugh and forget the misery of life, not OBSESS. Something that quite a few people so far agreed with privately.

And junior Icebone? Seriously? The only thing between us is Slovenia. And even that is relative.

Then just watch and enjoy and tell us you enjoyed it. Stop attacking other forum members who have stronger and less positive opinions than your own.

Because I guarantee you that taking that "I'm 19 and I know fucking everything" attitude out into the real world if and when you eventually grown up will have you on your knees looking for your own teeth.

Right back at you with your own line. It's my opinion. Christ, so much older than me and so worried over TV. I just don't get that.

This looks hilarious! :D

Also, looks like the challenge is to build a mobility scooter that goes on-road and off-road (Jeremy's has 8 wheels, James' has chunky tires, and Richard's has a tank track at the back!). :lol:

Perhaps one of those sorts of challenges to see if you can improve the scootering experience to make it somewhat like a car for those who can't drive anymore and need scooters? I'll bet it will be an interesting challenge, nonetheless.

Then just watch and enjoy and tell us you enjoyed it. Stop attacking other forum members who have stronger and less positive opinions than your own.

Because I guarantee you that taking that "I'm 19 and I know fucking everything" attitude out into the real world if and when you eventually grown up will have you on your knees looking for your own teeth.
I am 56 and realised long ago that I know practically nothing.

I am 56 and realised long ago that I know practically nothing.

Yup. What you know you know decreases with age.

I learn a little every day and also learn there is another even bigger pile of stuff that I don't know.

Originally posted by Me, just now.

My knowledge increases in proportion to the increase in my knowledge of my own ignorance.

Was looking at this and the big preview video at topgear.com with my eight year old son and he said this was the bit he was most looking forward to. It looks REALLY funny and as much as the cars are great - like it or not - for the majority of 'average' top gear fans who don't come on here and have started watching in the past few years - this is what they watch the show for - not long reviews of supercars.

Richard's sounds like my riding lawn mower.

As for the kid on a leash, it is an excellent idea when there will be lots of people around and possibly motorized things and you can not keep full attention on a small child. I see then in the airports a lot and I also see parents that wish they had them. It gives the kid a little run around room without you having to chase them down all the time.

Like Matt, I prefer to let the boys just be funny on their own but I have liked some of the set ups too. The caravan fire for example, I laugh every time I see them dragging that burned out hunk of caravan behind the car. I liked the police cars too esp James's siren. On the other hand, I think Jeremy should be caned for what he did to those lunches in India, pretend delivery or not. (It is so funny that the powers that be in India did not bring that bit up at all and I think that was the only disrespect in the whole film which convinces me they were poked with a stick by the british press and maybe shown a few clips but nobody actually watched the show.)