Guest News

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Had a lengthy chat with Wilman at the end of today's filming.

18x05 which we watched being recorded today is current Dr Who, Matt Smith.

They have nobody booked for 18x06! They aren't panicking, yet.

18x07? Axl Rose is flying over from the US just to appear on the show!

Lewis Hamilton is due to be at Dunsfold for other purposes in March. If they get the chance they will pre-record a dry lap with him in the Lacetti.

If the schedules permit once he has finished filming Die Hard 5 in Russia then Bruce Willis will be stopping off on his way home to try the C-apostrophe-D.

Did you get to hit him with the curry sauce?

FINALLY! One to check off the list. :nod:

That's interesting. :hmm:

Not a massive fan of his, but WHOA!

Lewis Hamilton is due to be at Dunsfold for other purposes in March. If they get the chance they will pre-record a dry lap with him in the Lacetti.

Hopefully they will. (And don't you mean the Liana?)

If the schedules permit once he has finished filming Die Hard 5 in Russia then Bruce Willis will be stopping off on his way home to try the C-apostrophe-D.

With or without helicopters? ;)

A couple of other things I remembered re guests from the conversation.

Don't get excited about Daniel Craig appearing any time soon even though he really wants to have a go. His contract as 007 prohibits him from appearing. hardly surprising really since they are very protective of the whole thing. The Bond contract prevents the encumbent from wearing a tux in any other role for instance.

Likewise Clive Owen. He has been on their wish list for some time but, bizarrely, even though he was featured in an article in TG magazine some years ago and by all accounts is more than a half decent driver he doesn't want to do it. :blink:

Finally they were looking at Coulthard and Brundle together for 18x06 but DC is otherwise occupied apparently. I think we can safely say that will happen in time, probably near to the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Don't get excited about Daniel Craig appearing any time soon even though he really wants to have a go. His contract as 007 prohibits him from appearing. hardly surprising really since they are very protective of the whole thing. The Bond contract prevents the encumbent from wearing a tux in any other role for instance.

Why wouldn't he be allowed to drive a car around a circuit and chit chat for 10 minutes on BBC? They don't even have to bring up 007.

Axl Rose?

I suspect the SIARPC shoot will probably have to be delayed by a day or so, seeing as he's always late to everything. :lol: OK, I'm being unfair. But with the people that have been on the show so far this series, this is an interview I'm definitely looking forward to.

Finally they were looking at Coulthard and Brundle together for 18x06 but DC is otherwise occupied apparently. I think we can safely say that will happen in time, probably near to the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

You should have told Wilman on behalf of all F1 fans on this forum to F**KING MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! :D

Also, on the subject of music people in the Kia, https://www.facebook.com/NickMasonDrums/posts/254410561301052

Last edited:
Why wouldn't he be allowed to drive a car around a circuit and chit chat for 10 minutes on BBC? They don't even have to bring up 007.

Apparently they are quite anal about their "property" whether that be intellectual or otherwise.

Had a lengthy chat with Wilman at the end of today's filming.

Did you slap him over the head for allowing any part of the India special to get the green light? :p

Just to clarify, you were watching next week's show as opposed to this week's?

Did you slap him over the head for allowing any part of the India special to get the green light? :p

Trust me, he already got the message via us, Pistonheads and their very own website. When he-he went earlier this series and talked to him she said "India?" and the response with a pained expression was "Don't. Just don't"

I did, however, present him with a bag of mini poppadoms as a late Christmas present! :D See Post a Pic of Yourself for the moment in question. He accepted them graciously and was stilling willing to have a pic taken afterwards. I am hopeful that the message may finally have sunk in. Scripted fail and poor acting does not work and most of his audience hates it.

And he really is a very nice guy. Given the choice I'd take him and May to the pub in preference to Jemima Klaxon or Wretched Hammorrhoid*.

Just to clarify, you were watching next week's show as opposed to this week's?

This week's show but the guest for Feb 26th since the SIARPC is a week ahead of everything else.

*Yes, these are mine. I just made them up. No I did not steal them from Sickipedia nor any other web source so fuck you SOPA, ACTA, PIPA and the horses you rode in on!

So I should brace myself to get Clarkson "Look at this poppie and watch it disappear" jokes incoming.
Nope. Not for the intro to Fassbender anyway. If they do anything extra when they film the lead in next week for Matt Smith's interview, who knows.

I've wanted to see DC on since he put in a pretty quick lap in the SLS.

It would be awesome to get a chance to talk with Wilman and Co. I sincerely hope that I get the chance, someday.

Trust me, he already got the message via us, Pistonheads and their very own website. When he-he went earlier this series and talked to him she said "India?" and the response with a pained expression was "Don't. Just don't"

I did, however, present him with a bag of mini poppadoms as a late Christmas present! :D See Post a Pic of Yourself for the moment in question. He accepted them graciously and was stilling willing to have a pic taken afterwards. I am hopeful that the message may finally have sunk in. Scripted fail and poor acting does not work and most of his audience hates it.

They really need to stop doing specials where ever Clarkson has gone on holiday recently. Clarkson took his family quad-biking across the salt flats in Botswana and likes it, so TopGear goes there for a special. Clarkson visits Vietnam and likes it, so TopGear goes there for a special.

They really need to stop doing specials where ever Clarkson has gone on holiday recently. Clarkson took his family quad-biking across the salt flats in Botswana and likes it, so TopGear goes there for a special. Clarkson visits Vietnam and likes it, so TopGear goes there for a special.

I don't know about that...Botswana & Vietnam were both great specials. If they were made because Clarkson had gone there, then I approve of his choice of vacation spots. ;)

The episode with the boys in luxury cars in Albania was not a special, but Jeremy had taken his kids there for an educational holiday the year before they filmed that and liked it.

Just saying. ;)

Albania was painful.

Anyway back on topic?