Another Hilux-powered adventure

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
First of all, we know the Mag is doing something with a heavily-modified Hilux. They had a feature on some of the mods on their website within the last week, written by Jason Barlow, I believe. Second, the article linked to says they went to Antarctica, not the Arctic. So, this is bullshit.

Tom Ford and a photographer have been driving the Hilux across Europe and into the Ukraine - even camping in an integral tent for a TG Mag article. This maybe what Toyota were talking about and it was wrongly attributed to TG TV.

Tom Ford and a photographer have been driving the Hilux across Europe and into the Ukraine - even camping in an integral tent for a TG Mag article. This maybe what Toyota were talking about and it was wrongly attributed to TG TV.

Possible, but the Toyota blog, which was only posted yesterday, was suggesting that something involving the TG team was coming up in the future, rather than had already happened.

Will they? Won't they? Coo...exciting innit!

get the team to do the dakar.

I'd love to see them do some competitive off-roading, but I think the Dakar is probably too much, if nothing else because it's a month-long commitment. There are a number of 24 hour off-roading events out there that are amateur-friendly, they could do that (probably not with this car). The 24 hours of Fronteira springs to mind. :p