Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Hilux-powered adventure

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/28/t...r-hilux-adven/
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

First of all, we know the Mag is doing something with a heavily-modified Hilux. They had a feature on some of the mods on their website within the last week, written by Jason Barlow, I believe. Second, the article linked to says they went to Antarctica, not the Arctic. So, this is bullshit.
    It is impossible to live in peace with fellow beings whom one believes to be damned...one must absolutely either bring them back into the fold or torment them. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

BMW: built by Germans, driven by tossers. - Jeremy Clarkson

The world's biggest dick can be found on a blue whale. And I thought it was on Top Gear. - Sarah Millican

Your comments tonight have been described variously as "rabid", "pig-ignorant", and "stutifyingly ill-informed" - Chris Morris, apparently anticipating Jalopnik

Comment

Hilux not in anything like artic spec
      http://www.arctictrucks.is/
      Team Black Jack

So, that's all good.

Comment

Another hint
        http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-hilu...ca-on-jet-fuel
        Team Black Jack

So, that's all good.

Comment

Tom Ford and a photographer have been driving the Hilux across Europe and into the Ukraine - even camping in an integral tent for a TG Mag article. This maybe what Toyota were talking about and it was wrongly attributed to TG TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitevanwoman View Post
            Tom Ford and a photographer have been driving the Hilux across Europe and into the Ukraine - even camping in an integral tent for a TG Mag article. This maybe what Toyota were talking about and it was wrongly attributed to TG TV.
            Possible, but the Toyota blog, which was only posted yesterday, was suggesting that something involving the TG team was coming up in the future, rather than had already happened.

Will they? Won't they? Coo...exciting innit!

Comment

get the team to do the dakar.
              "Sadly, James doesn't like Belinda Carlisle." - Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

I'd love to see them do some competitive off-roading, but I think the Dakar is probably too much, if nothing else because it's a month-long commitment. There are a number of 24 hour off-roading events out there that are amateur-friendly, they could do that (probably not with this car). The 24 hours of Fronteira springs to mind.
                Shop Finalgear * Finalgear folding@home * Track your Euro bills

Comment

Working...
                X