Clarkson and May filming in the north of England

Amie8

Car(s)
Bye bye Alfa - Hello Mini Cooper
There's been stacks of stuff on Twitter and elsewhere about Jeremy and James filming in Yorkshire and Durham over the last few days. It has been generally assumed that this was a Top Gear shoot, as various TG-compatible cars were involved, as was cameraman Iain May. However, Jeremy cast some doubt on that idea on Twitter (thanks diti of this board and elsewhere)

From Twitter: (F=fan comment, J=Jeremy)
F: Hello......TOP GEAR filming in Richmond......now

J: I can assure you Top Gear isn't filming anywhere today.

F: Ahhh what! I saw one of your discoverys in my town an I am sure I saw a long haired man in a white convertible behind!

F: that explains why on my way to work a white convertable passed me with a cameraman sat in the passenger seat

J: It is NOT Top Gear

However, according to The Northern Echo, TG is back in the frame:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne..._stars__says_Darlington_PCSO_called_to_Arena/

There are also pictures (only of the presenters, none of the cars), but I've never been able to post pics to this board, so someone else will have to oblige.

In addition to the photo in the Northern Echo story, this is another fish 'n' chip one (there was a free offer in the paper)

northernechofishnchips-1.jpg

Plus cameraman Iain May has posted a couple of pics during the week

fromianmay1.jpg

tweeting.jpg

Yeah that old A3 is a camera car (they used the same one in Clarkson's The Italian Job, you can see them talking about it in the behind the scenes video) and the other has to be a 458 Spider. :D

And no Hammond because he is in the States. :clap:

I wonder who they've chosen to replace him......? :D

Maybe this is the project Jezza has mentioned on Twitter, where he and James are working on? Would it make sense to film in Yorkshire and Durham for the documentary about the second world war that has been mentioned before?

Do you really think Jezza would even mention the war in May's earshot? You know what happens when he gets started on the war.

Don't think it's anything to do with WW2, as cars and racetracks seem to be involved. However, they've been filming all week, which seems a bit long for an ordinary TG piece. They're still there - buying fish and chips in Whitby tonight, apparently not having killed eachother yet.

Well, it looks like someone broke into Jeremy's car and stole his ciggies. This means he just might kill someone after all. :p

Maybe this is the project Jezza has mentioned on Twitter, where he and James are working on? Would it make sense to film in Yorkshire and Durham for the documentary about the second world war that has been mentioned before?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-police-complaints-boy-racers.html?ITO=1490

says here:
In fact the film crew had permission to shot at the location, one of many they have visited in the north of England this week for the hit BBC TV?s show?s spin-off DVD.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it looks like someone broke into Jeremy's car and stole his ciggies. This means he just might kill someone after all. :p

James said they were his, but that can't be right could it? He doesn't smoke. :tease:

All 3 of them are smokers. Hammond keeps giving up and starting again. Last TG filming I was at I could see him in the Green Room sucking on an electric cigarette, probably a menthol one since it had a green tip. And the first time I went in 2005 was before the UK smoking ban and both May and Clarkson would just wander around the hangar between takes smoking while we watched the films.

So Jeremy and James are NOT working to TG proper. Many thanks to Vicki Butler Henderson in the Sunday Times motoring section.!

You and I are bereft of decent men this weekend. Jeremy Clarkson is away...with my husband. they've gone to a place past Scarborough in North Yorkshire to play with some of the worst cars in the world. Don't pity them too much, though, because they're working for a good cause they're calling The Top Gear Christmas DVD.

Xmas Tat Rules OK :lol:

Note: for those who don't know Vicki's husband is Phil Churchward, TG's Series Director

More photos/tweets from Iain May
http://pic.twitter.com/1eaS1LGD

@MrJamesMay look at that piece of s**t ! http://pic.twitter.com/KK5z3rwS