Top Gear and Crew Headed to Uganda?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear and Crew Headed to Uganda?

Iain May, one of TG's cameramen, posted a picture on Twitter this morning. It show's tens of BA tickets laid out on a table, and the tweet reads "Travelling light with TG". A closer inspection of the tickets reveal a flight for 1OCT12 (today) on British Airways #63, LHR (London Heathrow) to EBB (Entebbe, Uganda).

https://twitter.com/IainMay72/status/252840108502417408

My Automotive Photography : ngphotog.com

And obviously it's delayed... I'm sure they're the cause currently cruising past Genoa. http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba63/
    Octavia
    Fabia
    Beetle

Comment

May has confirmed via Twitter that he's leaving the country for two weeks. So, another African special. Hope they can recapture some of the joy of the previous one.

Comment

Difficult to know what they will be doing there - October is evidently the wettest month in Uganda..I see winching involved...Oh god
        Last edited by Whitevanwoman; October 2nd, 2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitevanwoman View Post
          Difficult to know what they will be doing there - October is evidently the wettest month in Uganda..I see winching involved...Oh god
          They managed to successfully use a winch in South America, as well as during the "Off road mobility scooter" challenge from series 18...hopefully, the lessons learned will be retained, if they need to use a winch again.

Comment

Originally posted by Amie8 View Post
            May has confirmed via Twitter that he's leaving the country for two weeks. So, another African special. Hope they can recapture some of the joy of the previous one.
            And TG Live UK just replied and confirmed...

"@TopGearLiveUK: @MrJamesMay Looking forward to hearing the interview. Have fun in Africa & see you @topgearliveuk later this month! #intreagued"

Comment

Originally posted by nickgeorge25 View Post
              Iain May, one of TG's cameramen, posted a picture on Twitter this morning. It show's tens of BA tickets laid out on a table, and the tweet reads "Travelling light with TG". A closer inspection of the tickets reveal a flight for 1OCT12 (today) on British Airways #63, LHR (London Heathrow) to EBB (Entebbe, Uganda).
              Tickets? I only see luggage receipts

I hope they will film a nice special and I hope they do not go hunting for Kony.

Comment

I only hope they remember the car crash they came home with last time and don't let Hammond try to act.
                WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Another confirmation... Iain May just replied to my one-word tweet "Uganda?" with "10 points to you".

Comment

I am very curious as to what cars they may be using.

Comment

Clarkson has also tweeted that the Christmas Special is due to air in February.

It's been that sort of year, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice View Post
                        I am very curious as to what cars they may be using.
                        One of them should be a Volvo T5, it cropped up on a Pistonheads forum a few months back that it had been sold to the production team specifically for use in this special.

Comment

They have been sighted in Kampala. That seems to be all the info so far.
                          diti
                          Not A Dude

Comment

I hope this means the shitness factor of the cars is high, and the presenters' misery factor is through the roof.
                            I hope Clarkson is in a soaking wet tent right now, shivering with cold (or hot) with a lot of stinging insects.
                            And a lot of B.O.

Makes for good TV.
                            "Crikey, it's the rozzers..."

Comment

Pictures are all over Twitter this morning. It appears this is a cheap hatchback/wagon/estate test!

Richard is in a Subaru WRX Hatchback (Bugeye!)
                              James is in a Volvo 850 T-5 Wagon
                              Jeremy is in a BMW 5-Series Touring (E39)

Last edited by nickgeorge25; October 4th, 2012, 8:14 PM.

Comment

Pictures are all over Twitter this morning. It appears this is a cheap hatchback/wagon/estate test!

Richard is in a Subaru WRX Hatchback (Bugeye!)
                                James is in a Volvo 850 T-5 Wagon
                                Jeremy is in a BMW 5-Series Touring (E39)

Interesting. I know Clarkson is a fan of estates...but I wonder about the other 2.

We'll see how it turns out.
                                Booooooooored

Comment

The "Cheap AWD Wagons That Don't Have Ground Clearance" challenge?

---
                                  My Facebook | My Fuelly

Comment

Originally posted by Altabani View Post
                                    One of them should be a Volvo T5, it cropped up on a Pistonheads forum a few months back that it had been sold to the production team specifically for use in this special.
                                    I too was aware about the Volvo. More specifically it was a project on the Volvo UK forums and the owner claimed it was sold to TGUK. I was slightly sceptical of course, but thought then again, why would someone bother to lie in such an esoteric setting. http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=155546. Think you have to register to see it.

Comment

Look at the goatee! The cameraman is James May's evil twin!
                                      Last edited by Dr_Grip; October 8th, 2012, 1:59 PM.
                                      Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
                                      (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Originally posted by jsausley View Post
                                        The "Cheap AWD Wagons That Don't Have Ground Clearance And By The Way Two of Them Aren't Even AWD" challenge?
                                        Fixed.
                                        WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Working...
                                        X