Top Gear and Crew Headed to Uganda?

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
Iain May, one of TG's cameramen, posted a picture on Twitter this morning. It show's tens of BA tickets laid out on a table, and the tweet reads "Travelling light with TG". A closer inspection of the tickets reveal a flight for 1OCT12 (today) on British Airways #63, LHR (London Heathrow) to EBB (Entebbe, Uganda).

https://twitter.com/IainMay72/status/252840108502417408

A4JEvTSCAAAnDP_.jpg

May has confirmed via Twitter that he's leaving the country for two weeks. So, another African special. Hope they can recapture some of the joy of the previous one.

Difficult to know what they will be doing there - October is evidently the wettest month in Uganda..I see winching involved...Oh god :?

Last edited:
Difficult to know what they will be doing there - October is evidently the wettest month in Uganda..I see winching involved...Oh god :?

They managed to successfully use a winch in South America, as well as during the "Off road mobility scooter" challenge from series 18...hopefully, the lessons learned will be retained, if they need to use a winch again.

May has confirmed via Twitter that he's leaving the country for two weeks. So, another African special. Hope they can recapture some of the joy of the previous one.

And TG Live UK just replied and confirmed...

"@TopGearLiveUK: @MrJamesMay Looking forward to hearing the interview. Have fun in Africa & see you @topgearliveuk later this month! #intreagued"

Iain May, one of TG's cameramen, posted a picture on Twitter this morning. It show's tens of BA tickets laid out on a table, and the tweet reads "Travelling light with TG". A closer inspection of the tickets reveal a flight for 1OCT12 (today) on British Airways #63, LHR (London Heathrow) to EBB (Entebbe, Uganda).

Tickets? I only see luggage receipts :p

I hope they will film a nice special and I hope they do not go hunting for Kony.

I only hope they remember the car crash they came home with last time and don't let Hammond try to act.

Clarkson has also tweeted that the Christmas Special is due to air in February.

It's been that sort of year, really.

I am very curious as to what cars they may be using.

One of them should be a Volvo T5, it cropped up on a Pistonheads forum a few months back that it had been sold to the production team specifically for use in this special.

They have been sighted in Kampala. That seems to be all the info so far.

I hope this means the shitness factor of the cars is high, and the presenters' misery factor is through the roof.
I hope Clarkson is in a soaking wet tent right now, shivering with cold (or hot) with a lot of stinging insects.
And a lot of B.O.

Makes for good TV. :lol:

Pictures are all over Twitter this morning. It appears this is a cheap hatchback/wagon/estate test!

Richard is in a Subaru WRX Hatchback (Bugeye!)
James is in a Volvo 850 T-5 Wagon
Jeremy is in a BMW 5-Series Touring (E39)

A4YKSLGCUAAMJhp.jpg

592538e80e3c11e2a0c81231380ff428_7.jpg

506c60d60e3d11e2adfe22000a1e8a47_7.jpg

A4YnSlWCEAAp_KV.jpg

A4Yg9qtCEAAyT6j.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures are all over Twitter this morning. It appears this is a cheap hatchback/wagon/estate test!

Richard is in a Subaru WRX Hatchback (Bugeye!)
James is in a Volvo 850 T-5 Wagon
Jeremy is in a BMW 5-Series Touring (E39)

A4YKSLGCUAAMJhp.jpg

592538e80e3c11e2a0c81231380ff428_7.jpg

506c60d60e3d11e2adfe22000a1e8a47_7.jpg

A4YnSlWCEAAp_KV.jpg

A4Yg9qtCEAAyT6j.jpg

Interesting. I know Clarkson is a fan of estates...but I wonder about the other 2.

We'll see how it turns out. :)

One of them should be a Volvo T5, it cropped up on a Pistonheads forum a few months back that it had been sold to the production team specifically for use in this special.

I too was aware about the Volvo. More specifically it was a project on the Volvo UK forums and the owner claimed it was sold to TGUK. I was slightly sceptical of course, but thought then again, why would someone bother to lie in such an esoteric setting. http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=155546. Think you have to register to see it.

Last edited: