Top Gear Patagonia Special aka the Christmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGCDN

Car(s)
Buick Rendezvous, Dodge Dakota
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/xmas14/bbc-two#heading-top-gear-patagonia-special

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May will be back in a two-part Top Gear Patagonia Special, on a road trip through South America.

The Top Gear Christmas Specials are famous for two things: putting cars through immensely tough challenges, and not being ready in time for Christmas. This year though, not only will it be transmitting at roughly the right time, it also features the most gruelling car exploits yet, as the boys take three V8 sports cars on a 1600 mile trek through Patagonia.

The usual habitat for a Porsche 928, a Lotus Esprit and a Ford Mustang is the civilised world of tarmac, but in the hands of Jeremy, Richard and James, these three sports bred machines face swamps, deserts, forests, beaches and ski slopes as they try to get to the southernmost city in the world, in order to stage an epic game of car football against Argentina. Along the way there are broken bones, epic backdrops, mechanical calamities and cows, plus a climax that wasn't exactly the one that was expected.

Now listed for week 51, 20 - 26 December 2014

I wonder how this is going to go. It sounds like they lost some cameras during the...uh...events that caused them to leave. I wonder if the last bit of it will be like the redneck chase from the American holiday episode.

I wonder how this is going to go. It sounds like they lost some cameras during the...uh...events that caused them to leave. I wonder if the last bit of it will be like the redneck chase from the American holiday episode.

I think they might handle this real danger a bit more seriously than the America "danger". Or at least I hope they do.

Well, I for one totally believe the Argentine Police. Er well known for not murdering their own citizens who may be thinking of being a bit left wing.

If you read carefully, you find it is slightly different than the headline and the first part of the article suggests.

If this goes over badly, this could be the last Series of Top Gear. They had better be very careful with their editing.

If this goes over badly, this could be the last Series of Top Gear. They had better be very careful with their editing.

I've got a feeling this will be the last series anyway. No new contracts have been signed, and the guys just kind of give the impression that this is it. I'm not ready to let it go yet, but if Jeremy, Richard and James are ready for it to be over, so be it. There will be tears, though, that's for sure.:(

I've got a feeling this will be the last series anyway. No new contracts have been signed, and the guys just kind of give the impression that this is it. I'm not ready to let it go yet, but if Jeremy, Richard and James are ready for it to be over, so be it. There will be tears, though, that's for sure.:(

Where have they been giving the impression that this is it? Are there some interviews?

Well, if any of them find that they are looking to make a new show with a slightly unhinged American who is in poor health, I'll try to make myself available. No promises, but, I'll try.

Status
Not open for further replies.