[11x01] June 22nd, 2008

[11x01] June 22nd, 2008

• Total voters
Anyone else notice that in the 11x01 episode when Jeremy was standing next to the Lap Times board, that the "koenigsegg CCX with top gear wing" lap time was not there? The old koenigsegg lap time was there, down a bit on the board, but as far as I remember wasn't the "koenigsegg CCX with top gear wing" in second place on the board behind the Ascari from last season? Seems it has gone missing from the board all together.

Just wondering

Yeah, I noticed that, thought that maybe they were getting too many cars and they needed the space. The same thing has happened with SIARPC board.

I only gave it a 6 because while I'm happy it's back I was expecting a lot more and much better. The whole show seemed scripted and planned to the nines. I felt that there was too much talking, usually not a detriment to the show but this time it was.

Fuel economy bit - was really great I liked it
Ferrari - good not great, Jeremy talked a little too much
Stunt bit - this is the first and only segment of TG I have ever skipped over
SIARPC - most times I like this segment but this time, WTFC's
Cop Cars - very scripted feel to the whole thing, could have been better

It looks like the series will get better and thanks again to Final Gear for your efforts.

i also gave it a 6. It was a laugh, but not a big one. Let's say it was a good warm up ;)

Anyone feel there was a bit too much cutting of the the vids? I love the slick feel, but let me see the damn car for more than 5 seconds at a time!

Also, anyone know if a hi def torrent is coming out?

At first I thought they got rid of the old times that Black Stig did, because White Stig seems faster than him anyways. But the CCX going away doesn't agree with that.

I gave it an 8!
The supercars were quite entertaining and so I think was most of the programme!
I really can't understand why everyone is slagging off the SIRPC- if you think that was too long, boring and awful, what the heck was the James Blunt one like?
Stuntman was ok- I think it's better to have more shorter segments, that way if one is a little on the boring side it won't drag on for too long. Not saying that it was- you have to give them the points for trying to bring something new to the show.
Police cars were funny, as usual and the Scuderia review was a tiny bit too long.
I'm happy to have my lads back :drool::banana::w00t::coplight:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHjWDCX1Bdw[/YOUTUBE]]

Clarkson :"What I like to do, is play music, loud, scares the hell out of 'em. It's Robert Duvall mate!"

Personally, I don't care if I know the Police Car segment was scripted as long as it was funny thats what was important for a challenge like that. It's not designed to be the most informative part of the show! It was funny and worth the wait until the end of the show, perhaps maybe the section could have been a bit longer. I would have loved to seen them making their cars into police cars which would probablt been quite funny (thinking Amphibious car challenge here).

Parts like the Police Car bit are my absolute favourite TG moments. I love a laugh and the Police Car bit was excellent. Look, I don't think it's entirely scripted to the point where all their comments are read from a script - they have enough brain to make up a comment on the spot - but I do not think for one moment they actually modified those cars themselves. And I don't care. I don't care if someone else set Richard's stinger up or someone else sourced Jeremy's siren toy. (God, to have a job like that!) I want to be entertained and that's what TG does in bucket loads.

Gave it a 5 entirely because of the severely annoying stars in a reasonably priced car. Otherwise it would have been a 7/8.

My notes:

-The cop segment had a lot of continuity issues from being poorly edited.
-The stars were so bad I almost stopped... glad I have FF>>.
-The stuntman was pretty lame, wonder how often he's going to show up. Did you notice his huge gut?
-The "sign" part of the news was overly staged.
-The fuel test in the beginning was TOTALLY bogus, as there is no way to know how much fuel each car has in its ENTIRE FUEL system, not counting the tank itself. 10/20 laps and measure the amount of fuel used like they did on the Prius would have been more accurate. And some of the car's fuel pump minimum pickups might require like 3/4 of a gallon just to not suck up nothing but air.
-Can you really buy a running Lexus that's not wrecked for 900? That looked like a great deal to me.
-Can James' hair get any worse?

Highlight of the show? The previews of the whole season.

Last edited:
So that's what it was in the clip, cos i had no idea. I wonder if hell declare himself as a "Driving God" again.
Judging from the crash he has in it, i very much doubt it, but i think theyll bring that bit up again.

I recognized the Nemesis as soon as I saw it. I have a couple of people over here who want to buy one.

Car in Season 11 Trailer

Car in Season 11 Trailer

Accidentally posted this in the 10x01 thread - The episode was pretty average by TG standards but does anybody know what the make and model of that car in the season trailer is? It is white w/ round headlamps and an amazing hood. It appears right after the Bowler Nemesis crash. - Thanks in advance for any help.

Accidentally posted this in the 10x01 thread - The episode was pretty average by TG standards but does anybody know what the make and model of that car in the season trailer is? It is white w/ round headlamps and an amazing hood. It appears right after the Bowler Nemesis crash. - Thanks in advance for any help.

This question was already answered, by me in fact. It's a Mitsuoka Orochi.

i do think the next episode will be better, with the clk black en de RS6. My god that RS6 is awsome!

I haven't read any replies in this thread, so sorry if this has been up already (doubt it..)

I was very surprised that JC had gotten a hold of a Fiat Coupe that cheap, only ?900 !!

Over here they are so expensive, prolly cuz not that many made it over when it was new, but that's quite a difference!!

I found 2 for sale here, one for roughly ?6.700 (9.600 Euro)
http://www.finn.no/finn/car/object?f...5&WT.svl=Bilde

The other, which is a 20V Turbo, same as JC's car: for ?11.600 (16.600 Euro)
http://www.finn.no/finn/car/object?f...5&WT.svl=Bilde

I aw this episode twice just so that i could watch TG again, but i'd give it a 7, not their best work what with the long chat and just one review, but what do you expect, i always expect the first ep to be so-so, with exception to 10x01. We all know it's going uphill from here :D