[11x01] June 22nd, 2008

[11x01] June 22nd, 2008

• Total voters
I quite liked this episode, but some segments were flawed.

News were brilliant. No information, just pure fun. 10/10
The bit about fuel consumption was great, too. It had a real point. 8/10
Top Gear cat, errr, stuntman: completly pointless (which is great), but it lacked action and speed. The barrel roll they showed in the season preview looked good, though. 4/10
SIARPC: That gay bloke was quite annoying. Not because he's gay. But because he is not homosexual gay, but gay gay. Why can't he just be a normal bloke who is homosexual? And the car sucks, too. Give those celebs a real wheel drive car with some grunt. 0/10
Police challenge: Funny, but too obviously scripted. 8/10

Overall 8 out of 10.

It's strange that people think the Prius is supposed to be economic. It's not the goal of the Prius to save you gas, it's to help the environment, it was designed to emit very low levels of CO2. Something a diesel can't.
This post would look good with this 'Sir, I must ask you to leave the internet'-picture next to it. But I can't be bothered to put it up.
Carbon dioxide emissions are directly linked to fuel consumption. If it doesn't save gas, it doesn't emit less carbon dioxide. If it's not using gas properly, it just isn't efficient.

Loved the police car section. I?m really pleased I managed to see the show, I didn?t think I would getthe chance :)

Don?t have time to talk about it more now, I?m paying by the minute :lol:

I think it was an average epiosde with not too many highlights. Even the police car challenge seemed somehow staged and unnatural.

The one thing I noticed, is that this was the first episode ever I think, which contained a caravan that WASN'T destroyed.

Is that a reason to be worried?

I don't know why this episode is rated so high. This was the first time I really was bored from top Gear after a while. The only quite funny things were the two tests at the beginning. After that it went down and all I thought was: I didn't know that Top Gear is scripted. The jokes seemed to be rehearsed and the police car special was ambitious, but rubbish. But not in a funny way.

They seem to have filmed a lot more but it all was boring so it ended up ... boring.

They meet at Top Gear technology Center and then ... they meet at the test trck. Where are the scenes, where the technicians look afraid when the blokes describe their ideas. Where could you really laugh? The boxes were set up, even so I can't really believe, that the preseters sat inthe car, as it good ugly as 'Jeremy's Car' lost his tires and the tire rushed by the copresenters...

I think this episode was a farce...

Its a 7 from me. First race and M3 race was totally crap. I loved the SIARPC segment - very funny. Police car was good, very good but could have been much better with just small tweaks. First, the editing error. In a show class like TG, u cant afford those. Furthermore the ending was kinna off, there really wasnt any, and some of the challenges felt not very well thought through. Overall, its good to see TG back. Cant wait for then week ep.

The worst "review" on Top Gear so far was the segment on the Gallardo Superleggera, GT3 RS and Vantage N24. Actually that entire episode was the worst overall, the guest was not interested in cars at all and was not interesting in any way, the previously mentioned long segment was terrible, and the review of the mid-engined Golf was decent but short. Also that was the first episode of the series (10) and it got much better after that.

You must be insane :? Thats one of the episodes i frequently re-watch :|

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm at kind of in a hurry. I was talking to a friend about the episode, and I can't remember for the life of me all the cars involved in the opening scene (supercar 1 gallon run out).

I can remember:
Ferrari 430
Lambo Murcielago
Audi R8

But that's it, what were the others?

------

Ack nevermind, found it Wikipedia. I was even wrong about the Ferrari.

Ferrari 599, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, Lamborghini Murci?lago LP640, Aston Martin DBS, and Audi R8

I finally had time to download and watch it. I thought it wasn't an outstanding episode but after such a long wait it was great to watch!

I loved the challenge and the news, SIARPC is usually a bit boring for me and this time I had no idea who those two blokes were, the Stunt Man segment was quite odd...

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm at kind of in a hurry. I was talking to a friend about the episode, and I can't remember for the life of me all the cars involved in the opening scene (supercar 1 gallon run out).

I can remember:
Ferrari 430
Lambo Murcielago
Audi R8

But that's it, what were the others?

McLaren Mercedes SLR
Ferrari 599
Lambo LP640
Audi R8
Aston... Vantage, I think.

Ok, well I watched it last night and I loved it :D My favourite part was the police car segment (as it seems to be with mostly everyone) and even the boyfriend got a few chuckles out of it with James' pink paint sprayer and Jeremy's wheel spikes.

As for everything else - it's typically Top Gear and although some people don't like certain segments or whatever, it's enough for me just to have something new to watch. The SIARPC has never been a favourite segment with me, I'd rather prefer they got rid of it and did something else but now we've got SIARPC and the Stunt Man (which was...not all that great) and this to me takes away valuable TG3 time. Good on them for trying something new, though, they've been around for a long time now.

All in all, a great start to a new season and I think for the remaining five weeks I will be a very happy girl.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that picture was the man doing it with his Range Rover. There seems to be some red in the picture that Jeremy showed which coincides with the actual photo on the internet. But surely, there are people who have been to the taping that know what the photo was?

If you drive a BMW or like to bring up at parties how your car has 40 more HP than another of similar price, or that the new exhaust or filter you've installed just gave your car another 12hp, Top Gear is not for you. Please kindly step over there into the Fifth Gear line.

Haha, I cracked up when I read that, because I just bought a BMW Z4 and put in a gruppe m intake and supersprint ehaust for like 20 more horsepower.
I love Top Gear btw, and thought the episode last night was halarious, and every bit of it was entertaining and interesting.

Fifth Gear sucks, don't be dissin the BMW owners.

Does anyone have a link to the picture from the news. I know it has been asked before, and I could not find it. I googled 'bloke in womens underwear with his bits up an exhaust' and no picture. Please help. Thanks
BTW Did anyone catch the brake lights come on when Top Gear stuntman was at his peak. I guess he thought they were air brakes.

Last edited:
I think the thing I like best about seeing this top gear was seeing James appears to have really been enjoying it. I have never seen him laugh so much and so hard. I was getting the impression last season that he was getting a bit tied of the show and the picking on from the other two, but this time the mood definiately feels different.

Can't wait for next week.
I agree ENTIRELY. Last season I couldn't help but think that James was just annoyed with the other 2 and the scripted studio parts. Like when Jeremy took the crazy Formula 1-style thing off the board and James said "WHAT!", it sounded less surprised/angry and more "i'll go along with the script"/angry.

I felt this was a solid episode for the most part. It was certainly better than the road rebuilding or planting the rapeseed with the stupid tractors.