[13x05] July 19th, 2009

[13x05] July 19th, 2009

• Total voters
Really enjoyed that episode! Good and proper ..Best one of the season.

And to top it off.. Sienna Miller :wub:

Fucking A' :thumbup:

"It's broken down more times than Sienna Miller"

Jezza saying something like this a few years ago.

8/10 for this episode. Very Watchable and very enjoyable.
The Challenge was as always fun to watch and to see one of the lads having to use the Marina was surprising since they most often keep their various cars running. Watching the Marina was like watching Kenny in South Park. You know somethings going to happen to him but you just don't know when or how. The Ads on the Lad's cars were great and i did enjoyed James' remark to Hamster in the hotel "at least this will give us some time alone together." reminds me of the Oslo challenge and his remarks then.
The news was great just for James' remark at the end. Took me ages to stop laughing then. Out of all the lads, James has shown the most growth and he's really come into his own in the last few series.
The SIARPC segment was very different since for once i wasn't looking at the totty in the crowd. She might have only been there to plug the GI Joe Film coming out in a few weeks (and a film i'm looking forward to seeing) she wasn't at all like i was expecting. She was very chatty, talkative and interesting. Add her looks to that and its a perfect combination.
The Jaaag review dipped my interest only slightly and was a good review. The Carbon Emissions thing was a bit hit and miss and was much like other attempts like the V8 blender. Still great to see the lads cocking about.
Good episode and still as equally a great series so far. Even though there are 2 episodes left the quality of the show still remains above standard.

Very surprised and impressed by SM. Had planned to make a cup of tea during that bit but she was fab.

This weeks ep was OK.

The cheap RWDs challenge was fun, although I must say I didn't get full enjoyment out of it for a reason that is sort of obvious. And shame to loose a (knackered looking admitedly) Capri.

Didn't get the greenhouse gasses thing, especialy with the Range Rover and greenhouse, seemed a bit forced.

The XFR is a brilliant Jaaaag and looks ace!

SIARPC was alright, I didn't actually know who she was but I'm not in touch with the modern world, she was interesting though and did a good lap.

The news was hilarious, laughed alot a James' little comment!:lol:

Overall 7/10

Enjoyed the challenge: James hitting Jezza in the plums :D That was not a high quality piano though, and James's last one was a baby grand! Loved the fact that it was Hamster & Jezza picking on each other and leaving James alone for once! The decals on the cars were great! And the Agincourt crack, altho i'm not sure Olivier got it... I guess i should've seen the ending coming, (bet Plissken did!) but i didn't & pee'd myself!
The news was great "Jaaag" is the new catchphrase! And that speeding ticket :eek: And as for James's comment - best innuendo yet! :lmao:
Liked the Jag review. I'm guessing the reason all these reviews this season are on the track is because it costs way more to take them out on the road.With the crew and/or timing; they either have to film at odd hours or block roads, whereas at Dunsfold that's not a problem. Artificial sperm :lol:
CO2 thing mehbut i use lime soda at work so i knew that wouldn't work out. Sienna was better than i expected, but then i wasn't expecting much ;)
8/10

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that one. The challenge was a rehash of several others, but was very funny and held my interest. The news was car related and hilarious. The Jaaaaag vs M5 article was very good, my God did that Jaaaaag sound sexy ! I'll be on the lookout for one of them after the traditional massive depreciation hit, hopefully pick up a 4yo 40k one for ?12k or so in the future. Sienna was very surprising. Funny, interesting, SEXY and well up for a laugh. She's my sort of wimmins. Jezza's greenhouse skit I found hilarious too, so maybe I was just right in the mood for this weeks episode, whereas the rest of this season has been mostly leaving me cold. The final? of the challenge was superb too, the graphics, the comedy and the obligatory destruction of the Marina (taken over from caravans :D ). Not an epic episode, but funny and interesting all the way through. If I were to nit-pick I'd say a few minutes shaved from the challenge and a bit off a few other bits might have allowed another car review to be squeezed in, but I ask for this every week and no-one listens. A good '8' from me.

I guess i should've seen the ending coming, (bet Plissken did!)

Yes indeedy. Lots of + rep to someone who can chuck me an animated gif so I can add it to the avatar...

Edit: g-man, were you in the audience?

Yeah, I was at the recording of this one. I actually saw the lap taking place as we were being directed to the hangar. I guess they must have been short of time as to why they didnt show the recording of the slight mishap. :lol:

Fan-bleedin' -tastic! Certainly the biggest laugh of the series for me, and I genuinely loved the challenge. I suspect the Marina fans will be cross again, but they've actually killed more pianos than Marinas in the last two series now, so they may just end up having to deal with hoardes of angry pianists too...

Jag film was cracking stuff, and the whole Jaaaaaaaaag thing reminded me, in a pleasing way, of Jeremy's Triumph Stag bit on Car Years. News was much more 'newsy' and although I was really sceptical about having Sienna Miller on the show, I liked her.

But what was best for me was that when the show started, the opening seemed much more relaxed and genuine, and it just felt like the magic that has been a bit absent was back - and that tone carried on for the rest of the show. I know Jeremy remarked in his Times column this weekend about the way the fansites critique the show, but I wonder whether it was on his mind because some of what people said hit home in some way - the energy around the show was completely different from the rest of the series so far and it was much better for it. Yay for tearing up the script and starting again :D

Fan-bleedin' -tastic! Certainly the biggest laugh of the series for me, and I genuinely loved the challenge. I suspect the Marina fans will be cross again, but they've actually killed more pianos than Marinas in the last two series now, so they may just end up having to deal with hoardes of angry pianists too...

Jag film was cracking stuff, and the whole Jaaaaaaaaag thing reminded me, in a pleasing way, of Jeremy's Triumph Stag bit on Car Years. News was much more 'newsy' and although I was really sceptical about having Sienna Miller on the show, I liked her.

But what was best for me was that when the show started, the opening seemed much more relaxed and genuine, and it just felt like the magic that has been a bit absent was back - and that tone carried on for the rest of the show. I know Jeremy remarked in his Times column this weekend about the way the fansites critique the show, but I wonder whether it was on his mind because some of what people said hit home in some way - the energy around the show was completely different from the rest of the series so far and it was much better for it. Yay for tearing up the script and starting again :D

Eloquently put. Sadly I must spread the love but I owe you one.

I laughed hard which is good. The Marina, the stickers, the "put it in the back" part, nice episode! 8/10!

"It's broken down more times than Sienna Miller"

Jezza saying something like this a few years ago.

I had just watched that on the Challenges DVD, :blink:
:lol:

Quite a solid episode

Challenge was pretty decent, not like the cheap porsche one or the coupe-that-isnt-a-porsche one but still ok. Perhaps the cars where to reliable for some funny breakdown parts :p

Jag film was a good, propper review. (doubt it is really as good as the M5 but still a nice car). The whole Jaaaaag-thing was spot on! Jag people are just...well... special kind of people :D

News was funny. Nice james moment and the old honda CRV brought back some nice memories of when they first mentioned it in the news years ago.

SIARPC was ok, really don't care much for that part of the show but its a good halftime break to get a drink and the guest wasn't all that bad.

All in all a pretty strong and solid episode, not the best ever but not even close to being the worst

8/10

oh and I found it quite a nice to see that they gave hammond the motorcycle in the drag bit since he is the one with the twin turbo sports car that will have no problem reaching 62 and break back to 0 in 200 meters, I bet you they wouldn't have used a bike if he was the one with the capri :p

Last edited:
That was a real true Top Gear episode. Probably the best of this series. A really great challenge (although the ice race wasn't that exciting), a nice and decent car review - still would prefer the M5 though - and a hot and entertaining SIARPC. What would you want more?

with a Top Gear bonus point this makes 9/10.

Unfortunately, only 2 more ep's are left so I'm already wondering what to do on Sunday evening except viewing some old Top Gear episodes ;)

Last edited:
This one truly deserves a 10 from me. I sensed that Top Gear spark back in the show, they've got the hang of it again. I just hope that the remainder of the 13th series will only get better. ( Is the date for the start of S14 known yet? )

Oh and the Jaaag...awesome car..i'd buy that simply for one reason: It's not a BMW..ofc there are more reasons for a decision like that..

Could someone just briefly explain the joke Slow made about ''going in the back''? I don't quite get it..

I'm on the edge of the seat every time they get to the news segment, I'm hoping ... praying they mention and discuss the Zenvo ST1 - I really want to hear their opinions and take on that car. I will be really disappointed if they leave it out completely this season :(

Fantastic, that's all I have to say.

Instead of analysing the episode I'm going to use this space to post this link to a post on the Fastmarinamagazine.com forums. :D

http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2671#p26384

Apparently we're the Top Gear official forums, and he doesn't like us!

That is all, carry on.