[13x06] July 26th, 2009

[13x06] July 26th, 2009

• Total voters
I do believe I actually enjoyed the star in the reasonably priced car bit. First one ever

Solid episode - Brian Johnson FTW. I think that the rally could have been a bit better if they'd actually tried to win. James was really lucky with that girl - really nice.

8/10
Had a few eye glazers for some one with ADD, but was very exciting as well.
I couldn't tell if that girl was wearing a shirt or not in that last part of the rally.

I find it pretty funny that the girls here pretty much have nothing good to say about James' co-driver. Jealous much? Girl was gorgeous and the whole hairspray and acting lost thing was scripted.

Jealous of what, exactly? Of being able to annoy James May? :rolleyes: Considering how guys treat women with large tits (i.e. as a freak show) I can't say I'm hurt by the lack of attention in that department.

And how do you know it was scripted? From reading some of her interviews she doesn't strike me as being terribly bright. And if your answer is that she's just playing a role for the camera/interviewer/whatever, if that's true then I am even less impressed, both with her and with the writers.

I'm afraid I prefer men and women with obvious brains. :D

Jealous of what, exactly? Of being able to annoy James May? :rolleyes: Considering how guys treat women with large tits (i.e. as a freak show) I can't say I'm hurt by the lack of attention in that department.

:yawn:

And how do you know it was scripted? From reading some of her interviews she doesn't strike me as being terribly bright. And if your answer is that she's just playing a role for the camera/interviewer/whatever, if that's true then I am even less impressed, both with her and with the writers.

:zzz:

This one, besides the pilot episode, probably was the best one so far. It kept my interesting and high spirited through the whole thing.

Does anyone think James may have Aspergers?

When the auction announcer said "...we're now coming up to the last lot," how did that mean that there was only one car left? I would have taken that to mean there was only one "lot" full of cars left to auction on, say 30 or 40 more cars. You know, like a car lot, being full of cars. Or does "lot" have a different meaning in British English?

When the auction announcer said "...we're now coming up to the last lot," how did that mean that there was only one car left? I would have taken that to mean there was only one "lot" full of cars left to auction on, say 30 or 40 more cars. You know, like a car lot, being full of cars. Or does "lot" have a different meaning in British English?

Lot has a specific meaning in terms of auctions. A "lot" is an item or group of items up for sale (when a group it's the whole thing being sold together).

I predicted that Johnson was going to set a fast time, and he didn't disappoint. A big score for the classic rockers! Woo!

I liked this episode. A bunch. It was fun and had me laughing several times, which is what it's supposed to do. The news was funny, the auction was hilarious, and the rally could've been it's own episode. I wasn't surprised by the Ami 8's roll, as I volunteer at a museum that has several Citroens. I've never had the chance to watch one jiggle a pair of 32E's, however, so that was... nice.

The work of the divine potter.
Never heard them called that before.
Me either, but I'll add that to my list. I'll have to show this ep to my girlfriend.

This episode gets a 10 from me.

I liked this episode. A bunch. It was fun and had me laughing several times, which is what it's supposed to do. The news was funny, the auction was hilarious, and the rally could've been it's own episode.

I think that was my problem with this episode. It felt way too rushed to me honestly, much like the 24h Britcar challenge. The greatest things about the African, Vietnam, American Fly Drive, etc. specials is that there was breathing room in those films.

The "love" story between man and machine was able to develop in those specials far better. So by the time you got to the end and the "we've fallen in love", there were a lot more (mis) adventures to establish that bond and draw you in.

Both the brit car and the classic rally should have been one off episodes.

Pretty darn awesome ep - 9/10

The Z4 and 370Z was a good if not absolutely stunning review. The dinosaur thing was definitely left of centre and a bit weird, but hey, at least they're thinking of new things... there are only so many special effects and cinematographic tricks you can use... I'd rather see Stig being unfazed by a screaming T-Rex than see another car draped in slow-mo water droplets, for example.

The news - OMG I nearly fell out of my chair during the Marina/singing bit. Would have been perfect if at the end of all that, they cut to another Marina getting crushed by a piano, then cut back to JC who just looks into the camera and shrugs.

Brian Johnson - what a legend. While I'm not sure that he's THAT unknown, he certainly is a funny bastard and can drive. Says on his Wiki page he races vintage/classic cars, so perhaps that's why. Goes to prove though, musicians make the best interviews; they love their cars, have crazy stories and drive without fear.

I really loved the classic car bit - mostly because I love classic cars. The auction was hilarious, and the cars they ended up with were just so random. Teaming Hammond with a midget - must have been his idea, so he wasn't the shortest! And that model with James... recipe for hilarity. I'm no fan of young dumb girls with fake titties, but it was a classic odd couple pairing with some rather memorable quotes.. not to mention when she "decorated" his helmet and tried to 'fix' his hair.

Probably one of the best eps this season.

Woo Hoo! A great episode I must say.

The Z4/Datsun review was as usual good and a nice different approach to it with the dinosaurs and going all Springwatch.

The news was alright, but it was really funny with the Carla Bruni song (I hate James May and the other two but I hate James May more). That Bluesport looks good. Must get a closer look at it.

The Challenge: It was awesome. They were wise to not spread it out to two eps are they planned to and sticked it to the one, but they should've made the whole episode revolve around the rally. Also they should've been more serious and be part of it from the start, although mind you, as if Jeremy could've stuck to the rules with a Spanish co-driver and versing a Mustang. Poor Hammond and the Lanchester. And James too with the helmet decorations and the teddy on the front. She really is in her own world from everyone else's I reckon.

Anyway, 9/10 from me.

Loved the Z4 ! The challenge was hilarious, I would say that its the funniest in the current season :D

Hammond's "politically incorrect" comments seemed a bit setup though... Overall enjoyed the ep a lot

Loved the episode!
The Z4 is great but I wish they did a bit more on the 370z and the dinosaur bit was a first for me so not too bad. The news was fun, more Marina bashing :thumbsup: and the Carla Bruni bit was hilarious.
Brian Johnson was an excellent guest, its great too have people who are really interested in cars on the show and I'm not at all biased because I listen to AC/DC ;)
The rally part was great but I was a bit disappointed with the shortness. A challenge of that kind deserves a full episode as a special and it would have been fun to see the boys in some competitive cars, competing from the start with the other drivers and doing their best to win. Well at least we got some great shots of Madisons ti... I mean of James driving ;)

A 9/10 for me.

That's no way to talk about Richard's co-driver!

That was one of those episodes where I dearly wish the show was longer, or they'd spread stuff to a full episode. The rally was too short. I'd love to have seen more of it.

And I thought that James and Madison's relationship developing over the course of the rally was rather adorable.

Not to mention she's GORGEOUS!

Some of you might like to know that Madison is actually on Twitter: @madisonwelch. Invites only, but I'm sure that if you ask nicely, she'll let you follow her. ;)

I find it pretty funny that the girls here pretty much have nothing good to say about James' co-driver. Jealous much? Girl was gorgeous and the whole hairspray and acting lost thing was scripted.

Solid 8/10!

You'll probably find that not all the blokes have much to say about her other than her "assets"
That girl is a walking nightmare, if i had to drive that thing around with me i'd have a ejector seat (like the one in Goldfinger) installed and wait until i was in a tunnel or something.
Yes it was funny when she proved her iq put her in the same rating as a jar of pickles and a bag of peanuts or when she messed around with James May but as for her being the ideal woman? come on...
I don't even find her particulary attractive either (then again i think all Glamour models tend to go OTT and not really scale it down). I'd still much rather have a girl who would be herself and not constantly thinking about how good she'll look in the papers.