[14x01] November 15th, 2009

[14x01] November 15th, 2009

• Total voters
Nice episode :) but I don't agree ..the best road is Stevio...

Not been yet myself, but mates who have say that Stelvio, as impressive as it is, isn't as good as as many as 4-5 other passes in the same area. Stelvio looks better on pictures, but there are better for 'driving', apparently.

On "Have I Got News For You" this weekend, one of the questions was to do with Clarkson "insulting" the Romanians/Gypsies by wearing the hat etc. Funnier was the comment after the question, by host Alexander Armstrong, which went along the lines of "Fair enough, they thought James May was his wife, and they tried to steal Hammond".

Priceless!

10/10 for an epic driving road.

Well after waiting ages for the new series to begin, the first episode finally came and i sure wasnt disappointed.

I really really enjoyed this episode, and one of the better all round episdes i think, for a while. Enjoyed James's road test of the two cars, mainly becuase it was done differently to any review james or indeed any of the presenters have done in the past. Stig playing top trumps! :lol:

The SIARPC segement with Eric Bana was also surprising good, i wasnt expecting much, but Eric was a good guest, not one of the best, but wasnt one of the worst ever.

And now i come to the main film. This film reminded me a lot of the Amercian road trip of Series 12, and i reckon it was just as good. The bits with the dacia sandero were really funny, and all the other things they got up to were true top gear standards.

Apart from the dacia sandero getting crushed, this episode was a excellent way to start the series off! And a classic episode methinks 9/10

Did anyone notice that the BMW was nearly as fast as a 911 Turbo which was also in the wet. The 911 was an old 996 version, but that still tells you how far performance of big luxury cars has come.

Okay, forum folk, help me out. Did anyone catch May's German for "Naturally Hans is wet, he's standing under a waterfall"?

edit nevermind, found it! ?Aber ja, nat?rlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall.? Great!

Last edited:
What was the joke about the two dusting mittens Hammond bought Clarkson?