Beetle
Golf
GTI-cars
Transporter ("Bulli")
Scirocco
Phaeton
Corrado
Spawned the Porsche 911
Pioneered 4WD-cars through Audi (no VW = no Audi quattro)
Envisioned and engineered the Veyron

Plus you *could* argue that some of the german tank-designs of WW2 (tank destroyer "Ferdinand"/"Elefant") are VW as well, since Ferdinand Porsche was head of the "Panzerkommission" (tank committee) and *cough* Hitler's favourite engineer :blink: ...

I don't really have a problem with VW losing to Ford, they also made tons of great stuff over the years and started earlier. But Lancia as the all-time greatest car-maker? Yeah, right...

I know I've already told my parents "no grandkids," but...Zonda is a pretty name, come to think of it.

"The pilot, from Lindstrand Balloons, is one of only a handful in the world licensed to fly an airship."

Man, if I was that cool, I would trot out that fact ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME. Starbucks, traffic violations, picking up chicks, no matter what.

"Sir, I'm going to need your license and registration...hold on, this isn't a driver's license! Wait...you can fly an airship? *pause* I'm...speechless. Carry on, sir."

:lol: I think BlaRo has a mancrush :p
Don't blame you it is pretty cool!

You know? I really liked the outtakes from this episode. Short, but sweet. :D

EDIT: In particular the bit about his sweaters, because every single female friend I have just hates his bloody sweaters, and they'll be overjoyed at the new one.

Last edited:
I got all excited when I saw james in the mk2 skoda superb. I was Hoping for a review mixed in with the airship thing. But alas...

The new superb is a masively handsome car, very well made and equipped and there's so much room in the back!!! They should review it.

Really nothing special bout this episode.

The Lambo, annoyingly, was almost completely ignored. The whole airship thing was boring as hell and the Lancia bit was alright, but again, nothing special. (BTW lancia is the greatest car maker of all time? Give me a break...)

Even Chris Evans who was brilliant the last time he was on the show was pretty boring + he did not age well, he somehow looks more of a moron than he did the last time. And why were we not shown a picture of his Ferrari garage??? It sounds awesome.

All in all it was alright, 6/10.

I saw it! :)

I'd just like to say that I think Hammond is getting fat.

He seems to have put on a bunch of weight and has quite the beer gut. Maybe he's trying to outdo Jeremy?

Really nothing special bout this episode.

The Lambo, annoyingly, was almost completely ignored. The whole airship thing was boring as hell and the Lancia bit was alright, but again, nothing special. (BTW lancia is the greatest car maker of all time? Give me a break...)

Even Chris Evans who was brilliant the last time he was on the show was pretty boring + he did not age well, he somehow looks more of a moron than he did the last time. And why were we not shown a picture of his Ferrari garage??? It sounds awesome.

All in all it was alright, 6/10.

LOL you slate every aspect of the show and give it a 6/10. Errrm...ok, care to tell us about the good bits you decided to omit?

I liked this episode, a good antidote to the silliness of 14x02. 8/10 with the weaker points being the entire Lancia segment. It was good and informative, but I agree with others - they are not the greatest car maker, not by a long shot.

Alfa are my pick for that accolade, but only because I like the soul and passion of the cars (money for the box :p )

He seems to have put on a bunch of weight and has quite the beer gut. Maybe he's trying to outdo Jeremy?

Or maybe he is turning 40 and his testosterone levels are dropping. (as they do in most men at that age)

Or maybe he is turning 40 and his testosterone levels are dropping. (as they do in most men at that age)

What Skylock said. Even though Richard is a keen runner and cyclist, that stuff still happens.

In my earlier post, I said Richard looked the best I've seen him for a while. Maybe I like healthy looking men ;) He's certainly not fat though, by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't think he's fat, but I think he's pretty round in the face, probably because of his facial structure, which makes you look a bit chubby around the face. But he's fit as.

I would say 5 at best.

It seems this forum is just a bunch of TG nuthuggers who are not old enough to actually drive and own cars. I am..or was a big TG fan in its heyday, seasons 3-7 but now it is just a dumbed down, americanized flavor of the month TV show.

First off, this episode.

The caravan part was a waste of time and so fake it is hard to watch. Is anyone actually stupid enough to believe that you can fly unauthorized into an airport and not get shot down? Why don't the kiddies watching this try it on their bikes and see what happens. It might have something to do with security I am guessing. It was completely irelevent and went on far too long.

Oh wait its an entertainment show !!!!

Oh thank you. Having a stripped out Lambo, dedicated to one of the best know test drivers out there is not entertaining enough. And why not tell us something about Balboni? How many of the children on this forum even know who he is? He even got Jeremy out for a ride and scared the shit out of him in the past. And wouldn't that have been cool to have a couple of the special Lambos (SV Diablo..yum yum) ripping out the track? That IS entertaining to any car guy with a brain.

The news.... forgettable...oh wait Jesus again...yawn yawn

The guest...I am not British so I don't know who he is, but seems like a real petrol head and thats cool.

The whole Lancia thing...was ok at best. First off, the whole race with the Marina was pointless...yes yes yes I get the piano thing, its like your stupid friend at the bar who always tells the same joke when he gets drunk....enough all ready.

I did really enjoy the bit where they drove the cars...that is the only real TG recently...interesting cars, beautifully shot, great sound and 2 guys cocking about...talking about the cars. I liked learning and seeing these old classics and hearing them...remember that the cars are really the stars of the show and with great scenes like this they don't need to script and fake their way through a car show.

The 2nd part really sucked. WHY a kit car? Why bash someones labor of love, especially after reading how they had to FAKE how awful it was? Why not show us the delta vs a new hot hatch and compare the laptimes? I would love to hear that Ferrari V8 in the thema have a go also. Really there was so much more they could have done with the second part....I mean how does a well built kit car stack up to the original?

Really this episode only showed how far TG has dropped. Remember, entertainment does not have to be scripted, fake and forced to be fun...leave that to the Americans. TG should be about great cars, funny host and interesting challenges.

Bring the real TG back!