[14x04] December 6th, 2009

[14x04] December 6th, 2009

• Total voters
That was more what I want from TG. It may not have been stomach acheingly funny, but it was interesting and entertaining. Not without faults, but the best of this season so far for me.
I'd have fully dropped the airport bit. I'm quite simply bored to tears of silly, demolition derby races. This one was not only a rehash of several of TG's own previous offerings, but even of a chocolate advert. Lame ! I believe the Insignia VXR was supposed to be in this show, and that, especially if it were group tested with some of its peers would have been way better.
The SUV's were fun, but I didn't like Jezza's total disdain for them. The Q7 was only 0.1s slower than Jezza's own beloved SL55AMG in the wet, and the X5M was faster than a Carrera S in the wet, and equalled the Evo X and Z4 dry times. I think that's quite impressive for both of them considering what they are.
The news was a bit drab, so much so that I can't remember it. I'll go watch it again now. - Watched it, and yes, it was dull !
Guy Ritchie shouldn't have been there. He quite simply has no interest whatsoever in cars and has no place on the show ! Petrolhead celebs only, unless they want to re-invent the segment and allow audience members to set a lap. I volunteer myself for setting the S15E01 benchmark time, and the Lacetti can be replaced with an Ariel Atom :D
The Twingo review was great. It could still have been better, maybe by making it a proper comparison with the Arbath and losing the crashes. But, it was a review of a reasonable car which we all might consider, even if only for the wife ;)
I scored the first three shows as average 6's, but wish now I'd only given them 4's at most. This would have been a 7 then, but to balance it and make sure it stands above the earlier dross, I'll give this an 8.

hum, I enjoyed pretty much all of it, jam packed ep, thought Guy Richie was a bit average, gave it a 9

It was good at the beginning with the airport race and the three 4x4s, but then, before the Twingo test, everything was completely ruined by a "letter" from "Mr. Needham" who insulted everything about Top Gear, as well as whining (again) about the show not doing any "proper" tests. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think if there is a Mr Needham, he's simply pathetic, hopeless, ungrateful and absolutely humourless and he doesn't like Top Gear at all, he shouldn't bother wasting everyone's time complaining about no proper tests!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Even if the letter was a fake, it was absolutely uncalled for. :mad:

Overall, a good episode, but it would have been a lot better if if wasn't for Mr. Needham.

It was good at the beginning with the airport race and the three 4x4s, but then, before the Twingo test, everything was completely ruined by a "letter" from "Mr. Needham" who insulted everything about Top Gear, as well as whining (again) about the show not doing any "proper" tests. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think if there is a Mr Needham, he's simply pathetic, hopeless, ungrateful and absolutely humourless and he doesn't like Top Gear at all, he shouldn't bother wasting everyone's time complaining about no proper tests!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Overall, a good episode, but it would have been a lot better if if wasn't for Mr. Needham.

Dude, you ARE Mr Needham!!!

How old are you? Seriously?

Last edited:
Shit dude! I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling it but you came right out and said it.

I had exactly those feelings after tonight's episode. Why he had to make a "window licking" joke in his 4x4 intro I don't know. It would have been far funnier to say something like "If you're the kind of person who wakes up in the morning and decides to amputate and roast your own feet....." or something similarly original but instead we get something lame that is designed merely to get the show and his name in the papers the following week.

Anyway to summarise:

Airport racing - better than I expected it to be since it was a leftover but the whole "Touring Car Drivers trashing another form of transport" is getting really lame.

News - is it ever going to be funny ever again?

4x4's - dull, pointless, and several minutes of my life I will never get back.

Guy Ritchie - no wonder Madge divorced him. What a dull bastard.

Twingo - essentially a rehash of the Fiesta thing and the only thing that prevented this episode scoring a 1.

Actually quite glad they aren't on next week then the memory of tonight has a chance to fade before 14x05 which I may then be able to sit down and watch with some enthusiasm.

:lol:

I can't remember any time that you have ever rated a Top Gear episode highly. I have always wondered why you are a member of this forum.

Probably a Fifth Gear nutter, spamming the TG board no doubt.

You best change 'irony' for 'pessimism' in your sig.

Anyway! The episode was excellent, 8/10 with two marks taken away for 1 - lack of James May, and 2 - SIARPC segment.

Airport vehicle race and Twingo review were both EPIC

:D

LOL!!!

Well played if you are joking.

If not then please get help.

I may have some tragic news about Santa to share with you...

I think your mad. Do you really think that Mr. Needham is not real? Of course not. Mr. Needham is actually Tiff Needell's alias.

Good episode, felt unbalanced by the lack of a "big film".
Airport racing was abit "sameish", but not terrible.
Enjoyed the 4x4 test, Range Rover's are actually amazing.
Renault roadtest felt abit too similar to the Fiesta, but very funny.
Ross Kemp in the boot, genius.

I gave it a 10, in memory of Ross Kemp. RIP

hum, I enjoyed pretty much all of it, jam packed ep, thought Guy Richie was a bit average, gave it a 9

U thought Guy Richie was a bit average but gave the show 9??

Dont get me wrong, I love Top Gear but I thought tonights was a bit boring. Not helped by Guy Richie who was a boring nerd. Interview wasnt very long and properly for a reason. Did he even ask his car history?? Maybe it was cut as he didnt have one or it was so boring??

Even though tonight (and in some way last night) was a bit boring, I really liked the 1st episode of this series and thought episode 2 was absolutely brilliant!!

I hope its a challenge next episode in 2 weeks!!

Ross Kemp saved it from being a 1/10. All other sections felt boring and a re-run of previous episodes. I gave it a generous 4/10.

:rofl:

Didn't finish the episode yet, but watching Jezza trying to rundown the camera crew in the Range Rover!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

What? Where was the Drag race between all the SUV's? Isn't that top gear style? Who ever wins is the best...

They had the BMW vs the car but this has been done before.... I was hoping they would have some fun with the suv's but Nada. Just some BMW......a little on the Audi then.. oh I love range rovers, oh look at the cameras..and took all the time up. Then the lap times they forgot the range rover?

When Clarkson did the flip in the tunnel looked a bit like CGI.

Enjoyable show but hardly anything funny.... they also reused shots at the ferry chase scene. All staged though.. which makes it stupid...

Top Gear is loosing its edge and fast.

ok then.. so it wasn't worth the wait for a HD rip as with last weeks episode. Watching Twilight proved to be a more exciting and worthwhile spectacle compared to this.

Disappointing. My biggest gripe is the faking was too obvious. Again. Now I know most of Top Gear isn't honest anymore, but this time it was just too obvious, especially in the Renault review. The flip in the tunnel was very obviously fake, and not really entertaining, and the mad dash to the ferry was sped up in multiple places. by the way, what was the point of putting the car up on a crane? One single shot? *sigh*

6/10, just because I liked the alcoholic Range Rover.

I doesnt seem like they are having fun making the show anymore, it feels very "flat".