[14x05] December 20th, 2009

[14x05] December 20th, 2009

• Total voters
I skimmed through some of the Top Gear subforum before I got around to watching this episode, so I came into it with bad expectations. So it ended up being better than I thought.

Maybe we fans should watch any future Top Gear with lowered expectations. After all, we spend so much time pissing and moaning about it, so why not? :roll:

Actually, TG has done a pretty good job of training us to expect utter sublimity (is that a word??) every time. Now when we get merely average to good we feel cheated. Spoiled, aren't we?
Granted, there have been problems this series, especially the overplaying of the characters and budget cuts and maybe they do need a rest to recharge, but it's pretty unfair and impossible to expect every ep to be fabulous, don't you think?
I'm finding that there are little gems in each ep if you look for them- well,except for ep 14x2, which I can't bring myself to watch again.

What do the fans cheer in this episode? I couldn't hear what the Nottingham fans were chanting. Was it "You're fat Clarkson"?

What do the fans cheer in this episode? I couldn't hear what the Nottingham fans were chanting. Was it "You're fat Clarkson"?

They were chanting, "You fat bastard," which is a traditional British footballing chant along with, "Who ate all the pies? You ate all the pies," and "The referee's a wanker."

Hope that helps :lol:

Hi,

This episode is good, i think. :) by the way, episode before this. range rover part with guns, that was good too. :)

and umm, scripting is good, if we don?t notice the script. yes,yes!

yo, keep it real.

George Washington

Last edited:
Mmmmh, that was the first topgear episode ever to bore me, so i switched off in the middle and fell asleep (and that never happend before, i often stayed up until 4 in the morning to watch the actual episode asap...)

really looking forward to 14x06...

and:

yes, i count myself to the diehard fans
yes, the noble segment was ok for me
no, i don't hate every episode since season 13 ;)

maybe i can't look at the actual episodes "clear" enough because i watched season 1-13 about 7 times in the last 3 months... (only crap in german television at the moment, unbelievable :)) ;)

A show dedicated to cars that in one full hour manages to review ONE car???

Wow...

C'mon guys... pick up the pace a little.

:sick::richard::clarkson::james:

Watched the episode this morning and it seemed like it was made of two seperate episodes. The Art review stuff was boring and didn't really enjoy it. Probably one of the few times when i've skipped ahead in a episode. Everything else though was great and really enjoyed Jenson Button's appearance. Just a shame this was filmed before the announcement of Schumacher returning to F1.
I can see why people don't like this episode, it felt like it was a cheap episode that someone had come up with and it sounded funny but didn't transition through onto the screen.
Seems to put me in the minority though, although this episode made a dip in the season so far, i still think Season 14 has been ok and entertaining stuff.

I thought the episode started well, and then the art skit started....

Even the Dr Who Xmas special was a big let down :(

I thought the episode started well, and then the art skit started....

Even the Dr Who Xmas special was a big let down :(

Same here.

Actually I thought Dr Who started well too before it turned into Being the Doctor John Malkovich. Chin up! Stephen Moffat takes control for the next series and he's the guy who wrote "Blink"! Weeping Angels FTMFW!

Quite an enjoyable episode.

Particularly enjoyed Hammond's deconstruction of the painting of Schuey. Reminded me of the last 6 years of high school english class. I'm sure most Aus HSC, VCE students could relate.. not too sure about other countries.

Did anyone manage to see their art galery exhibit? Im assuming it was was "real". Just curious does anyone have a copy of the audio tour and the exhibits that were there?

I noticed something they mentioned on the audio tour and want to find out if they had LM10 exhibit or just spoke about it.

Has anyone got a clue, what blazer (brand) James May is wearing in this episode? The one he wears in the studio. I really thought it looked awesome! :p

I just noticed something funny. In this episode, Jeremy picks what thinks is the "best looking car of all time", which turns out to be a Ferrari 275 GTS. However, I was just watching 3x04, and after Hammond reviews the Miura (great episode by the way; shows what they should be like in the studio), Clarkson states unequivocally that he thinks the three best looking cars of all time are the Ford GT40, Aston Martin DB7, and the Miura.

Last edited: