[14x05] December 20th, 2009

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Aired at 8PM apparently.

Predictable and boring, the first time i've turned my TV off during an episode.

R.I.P Top Gear.

Yes it did air at 8pm.
Noble M600 wow!
Some very funny bits.
Some not.
James' work gets trashed again *sigh*

Bring on Bolivia!

Last edited:
I laughed my tits off.

However, at about 8.55, I nearly turned the tv off. It was only the stirling work of hammond taking the piss out of the people of boro earlier that made me stay onboard :p.

Oh and teesside airport - I learned to fly there :D, even though there was two shots of newcastle airport shoved into the mix (yep, I'm that much of a nerd)

Oh and this board is getting close to turning into simpsons fans - i.e. hating every new episode. Me and my mates, all car lovers (cos we're fucking automotive engineers in training), love it.

Last edited:
Now I'm thinking that the sabotaging is taking the piss. It's scripting going too far when James' artwork "fell" over and Jeremy ditching the art car. Too much.

Other than that, it was a alright episode. Jenson was OK. The Noble was fine. The rest of the artwork segment was OK too. Apart from the scripted cock-ups earlier. A 6 out of 10 from me. Surely the Bolivia episode can top that.

I'm sorry to say but what a big steaming pile of uninteresting, uninspiring, unfunny CRAP.

The Noble I guess was a decent car to have a look at and Jezza states it's faster than the others. He has the other cars on the track, SHOW me it is!

The news, not even going to comment on it.

SIARPC: ok I guess but it's not like it was an interesting conversation apart from the oversteer bit.

Art show stuff: boring, obvious, more boring

Tbh I'm kinda getting worried, so far this season they've managed to make 1 good show and one decent one and to be perfectly honest; most of those got partially saved by the amazing camera work, not so much the boys.

Now I'm thinking that the sabotaging is taking the piss. It's scripting going too far when James' artwork "fell" over and Jeremy ditching the art car. Too much.

clarkson has spoke about the crash and it's real. He was talking about the police breathalyzing him a couple of weeks ago.

Noble review - one of the best track tests Jeremy's done in a while and he actually looked like he was enjoying it and had put some thought into it. Don't believe he needed to do a drag race with the other cars to prove a point.
News - started with promise but then descended into predictable silliness. Spent most of it braced for a cheap knob gag.
Jenson - showed exactly why he was only 2nd in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year
Art Exhibition. Could have been quite good but then also descended into predictable, pointless fucking about. The FG Funny Picture Thread was a whole lot more amusing and entertaining.

Guys, a quick tip. If you share your idea starting with the words "Wouldn't it be funny if.........?" then the chances are it won't be.

clarkson has spoke about the crash and it's real. He was talking about the police breathalyzing him a couple of weeks ago.

Oh yeah I remember. Perfect timing, especially as it happened during the filming of a segment. If that wasn't real, they probably would have done something else to ruin it anyway as true Top Gear tradition attests.

Oh and this board is getting close to turning into simpsons fans - i.e. hating every new episode. Me and my mates, all car lovers (cos we're fucking automotive engineers in training), love it.
Well, the Simpsons have gone downhill since Groening passed on the rudder to others. I love the Simpsons to bits, always did. But the later episodes are just painful to watch. It usually gets unbearable for me after a couple of minutes, so I switch channels. But when they get on the older ones for a change, I can't get enough even if I've seen them 10 times already.

Sorry for OT, back to Top Gear...

Last edited:
*Started with Clarkson in a supercar drifting on a track, massive yawn.

*Then the "news" dedicated to Christmas gifts about cars. An awful shirt (that he burnt), a car scent (that he sprayed in his eyes), a whistle (that he errrr.... blew), predictable schoolboys gags in a nutshell. Yawn.

* Jenson Button. Nice guy (if a bit dull) but it's deja vu, nothing funny really. Yawn.

* The art gallery. Again a million predictable gags (James May sculpture being destroyed, Hammond "forgetting" he was meant to advertise the gallery on not one but two radio shows, Clarkson who was meant to be on a motorway but ended up smashing the BMW on a country road, the running gag of May reciting his line for the visitors, them 3 wearing Newcastle shirts in Boro's stadium) and so on. Yawn again.

I gave it a 4. And that's because I'm in a good mood.

Well, the Simpsons have gone downhill since Groening passed on the rudder to others. I love the Simpsons, always did, to bits. But the later episodes are really painful to watch. It usually gets unbearable for me after a couple of minutes, so I switch channels. But when they get on the older ones for a change, I can't get enough even if I've seen them 10 times already.

Sorry for OT, back to Top Gear...

I never said the latest simpsons episodes weren't dross :p (but as a little matter aside, groening has done fuck all behind the scenes compared to the people that have actually do the work, it's just that they have a shit staff these days - I can go on and on about this actually :p)

However Top Gear has changed, but public perception and fans perception is very different. People are loving top gear from what I can see, yet the people on this board seem to be determined say that it's getting shit. Some of the best stuff has come from the last year or so, and some of the older shows are shit.

Take series 4, there's a few episodes in there that are fucking awful (the cadillac escalade and the fab 1 episode is one of them) yet that also has the best episode in my mind - the first 1, with the first race, a good top gear review (the shittyrover) and some stupid stunt with the lotus elise.

so, in summary: Top Gear- Peaks and Troughs, deal with it :p

I clicked 7 but right after I realised it should've been a 6. I enjoyed it, but sadly not quite as good as the sum of it's parts.
Can't think of anything else to say about it.
Edit: I actually quite liked the arty bit, if one filters out the obvious deliberate frak-ups.
If I had Wilman's ear (which I obviously don't), I'd say that episodes like this are great, but FFS a bit less of the obvious dicking around, please.
I'm not saying lol teh scripting sux or anything. They just shouldn't try too hard to cock about.

Last edited:
Dare I say it, I wish did did some more tests on public roads too (? la M5)
and perhaps with Richard or James (loved it when he power tested the Zonda and Veritas)
Jeremy powersliding a Noble on the track isn't doing anything for me anymore.
I'm sure they'll get better again though, as Blythy pointed out they've allways had their peaks and troughs.
Looking forward to the Bolivia special.

As for the art bit, nice try, enjoyed some parts of it, didn't enjoy others.

Jenson .2 of a second slower then Lewis, don't really care actually, he did well and seems like a pretty nice guy.

6/10

I never said the latest simpsons episodes weren't dross :p (but as a little matter aside, groening has done fuck all behind the scenes compared to the people that have actually do the work, it's just that they have a shit staff these days - I can go on and on about this actually :p)
We need a thread on this, I'd love to discuss the Simpsons!

However Top Gear has changed, but public perception and fans perception is very different. People are loving top gear from what I can see, yet the people on this board seem to be determined say that it's getting shit. Some of the best stuff has come from the last year or so, and some of the older shows are shit.

Take series 4, there's a few episodes in there that are fucking awful (the cadillac escalade and the fab 1 episode is one of them) yet that also has the best episode in my mind - the first 1, with the first race, a good top gear review (the shittyrover) and some stupid stunt with the lotus elise.

so, in summary: Top Gear- Peaks and Troughs, deal with it :p
That's not really it. Yes, Top Gear has changed. And according to my sister who hates car shows with a passion but loves to watch (bits of) Top Gear, it should be getting better for her now. Yet, she also recognized that TG isn't made with the same amount of "love" they used to make it with. Of course there are good and bad episodes in every series, but this is not the simple "bad". This is a different "bad". Not the "we didn't know better-bad" or "we couldn't do better-bad". This is "we don't really care anymore-bad".

And naturally, the diehard fans will be the first bunch to complain, since they will be the ones with the most pain when they feel their favourite show goes downhill. Since the diehard fans are to be found here, you will read a lot of bad press on FinalGear.

Last edited:
We need a thread on this, I'd love to discuss the Simpsons!

That's not really it. Yes, Top Gear has changed. And according to my sister, who hates car shows with a passion but loves to watch (bits of) Top Gear, it should be getting better for her now. Yet, she also recognized that TG isn't made with the same amount of "love" they used to make it with. Of course there are good and bad episodes in every series, but this is not the simple "bad". This is a different "bad". Not the "we didn't know better-bad" or "we couldn't do better-bad". This is "we don't really care anymore-bad".

And naturally, the diehard fans will be the first bunch to complain, since they will be the ones with the most pain when they feel their favourite show goes downhill. Since the diehard fans are to be found here, you will read a lot of bad press on FinalGear.

try nohomers.net - it's the finalgear for simpsons,

I think the difference is not "we don't care" it's more "We're trying to do what people found funny before"

And fans just have more extreme reactions "THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE CHANGED THE CHANNEL MID WAY THROUGH AN EPISODE I AM MAKING A STATEMENT HERE!" But they'll be back next week. people here should be grateful that this show has a dialogue of sorts with the fans (although I think that could be slightly improved), and that the EP recognises that yes, it's been a bit shit at times.