Votes: 64 14.8%

Votes: 31 7.2%

Votes: 12 2.8%

Votes: 3 0.7%

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
UK cars are right hand drive, and so the dipped headlight points to the left to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic. When driving in Europe, this left hand pointing portion of the lens is blocked so as not to dazzle oncoming drivers when driving on the 'wrong' side of the road.

well, i was thinking it must have been something like that....

except that the tape was on the right side of the cars (from the driver's point of view) - meaning that its not cutting off light pointing at oncoming traffic in Germany, its cutting off light pointing at the sidewalk.

tape.png

This makes no sense - or - they cocked up and put the tape on the wrong side of the lights....

As neophyte to Euro culture could you all please help me with some of the references in this episode.

1: The Reliant Robin segment. I guess these people are important Sheffield stars. Could you identify their significance.

2: Is the BBC Radio Sheffield sign really like that.

As neophyte to Euro culture could you all please help me with some of the references in this episode.

1: The Reliant Robin segment. I guess these people are important Sheffield stars. Could you identify their significance.

Human League: Rock Band, members based in Sheffield. Famous song from the 1980s: "Don't You Want Me Baby." Drove a Rover 75 in the music video, which Jeremy mentioned in Season 10's British Leyland segment.

Peter Stringfellow: nightclub owner based in Sheffield. Owns two high-end strip clubs in London.

I wouldn't consider Sheffield "Euro culture" though :tease: I believe both Sheffield and Euro culture may disagree there :lol:

On 2, no.

Wasn't it 15x1 anyways?

Last edited:
It was, and the queries were posted in the wrong thread. :nod:

This makes no sense - or - they cocked up and put the tape on the wrong side of the lights....

I haven't looked it up for this specific car, but where to put the tape depends on the design of the headlamp. Who's to say that the light going to the left side of the road comes from the left side of the reflector?

Human League: Rock Band, members based in Sheffield. Famous song from the 1980s: "Don't You Want Me Baby." Drove a Rover 75 in the music video, which Jeremy mentioned in Season 10's British Leyland segment.

Peter Stringfellow: nightclub owner based in Sheffield. Owns two high-end strip clubs in London.

ThanX
The cricket umpire? And the broken bbc sheffield sign (real or not)?

Hat

Hat

Does anyone know where I can buy Jeremy's Ford Hat? That thing looks good.

hey sorry to bump this old thread...

I just rewatched this episode and noticed that the stig never set a lap time in the Porsche Sport Classic yet on the power lap times wikipedia page it lists a 1:22.9 as it's time... I've scrubbed through the show again and still can't find any mention of it or the lap, am I missing something here? Jeremy specifically said that since no one could buy the car there was no point putting it around so where is this time from?