[04x01] May 9th, 2004

There is a video of a 911 driving around the ring under similar conditions, 90% of the time sideways. :mrgreen:

cya
Oli

oliB said:
Hi!

No, the lap record for road legal cars is held by some tuned Porsche 996 Turbo (Gemballa or Techart) driven by racedrivers.
The fastest lap ever was driven in the 80's (I think) by some guy namend "Stefan Bellof", the record was set with a racing car though.

cya
Oli

So what is the lap record?

My friend took time while I drove around it and my time was 10.45 :)

Hi!

I looked it up:
It took him 6.11 min to complete the lap with an average speed of 202 km/h (125 miles/h)!

cya
Oli

Red X - no hotlinking.

I have a video of a CRAZY yellow 911 racing around that track...

Yeah. :D

I have it in two parts (1 part per lap). Lap 1 is 13.8 MB and lap 2 is 12.9 MB.

I seem to have lap 1 only:
Porsche Ring.Avi - 13.9 MB (14,532,947 Bytes)

What's the file name for lap 2?

I dunno - I renamed them.

Radical Claim to have broken the lap record with a Turbocharged 1500 320Hp SR3.

Not really a production car, but it's "Road Legal" in the UK :roll: .

There's a video of the lap, 26Mb, very small picture, but christ, the car gets air at some places, flat out in top gear.

Deeply impressive....

http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/gallery/ring2b.mpg

Apparently the car's for sale (look on the web site...)

2 songs questions:

10:51- When they start to whip out the SatNav to track Jeremy. It's a waka-chi-waka funk riff

35:36- When they're reading about this previous stunt in a book. It's a piano piece that's from a movie.

How about the track that plays from 38:30 to 40:00. It sounds like Massive Attack's "Weatherstorm" or something by Craig Armstrong. It's a piano, symphonic piece with a bit of techno.

:lol: Good guess! :)

Top stuff, but does anyone know the music towards the end of the aston piece when jeremy is stood describing the car stood outside the cafe in monte carlo? It plays a good 3 or 4 times throughout the article.

Could you post the specific time when the song comes in? It makes it much easier - flipping through an hour long episode to find a few second clip is quite difficult.

Thanks. :)