[04x01] May 9th, 2004

OK I recorded the show myself, so the timings may be out by a few seconds but here goes. Bear with me.

7:58 - 8:32 after jeremy says 'than a Vanquish'
11:29 - 12:59 after the Shaft music
40:30 - 41:58
42:25 - 43:11 very end of the article

Those are instrumental bits from "Waiting for the Night" by Depeche Mode (on the "Violator" album).

Mouse said:
Those are instrumental bits from "Waiting for the Night" by Depeche Mode (on the "Violator" album).

Close, but no. If you listen very closely they are actually completely different. Both the instrumental bit in 'Waiting for the Night' and Top Gear are in the key of G, but the actual compositions are not even close.

But sorry, I don't know what the song is either. It's very close to the Depeche Mode song, so if you're not looking for the exact song you could just get away with that one ( :p ), but I'll definetly keep my ears peeled for the actual song. :)

zenon said:
Mouse said:

Close, but no. If you listen very closely they are actually completely different. Both the instrumental bit in 'Waiting for the Night' and Top Gear are in the key of G, but the actual compositions are not even close.

But sorry, I don't know what the song is either. It's very close to the Depeche Mode song, so if you're not looking for the exact song you could just get away with that one ( :p ), but I'll definetly keep my ears peeled for the actual song. :)
Thanks for trying though, Mouse - it's much appreciated. :)

zenon said:
Mouse said:

I listened to them back-to-back, and I'm quite sure they are the same. Top Gear used just a few snippets, repeated.

Mouse said:
I listened to them back-to-back, and I'm quite sure they are the same. Top Gear used just a few snippets, repeated.

Listen closer. Believe me, they aren't the same. Very, very close, but not the same. :)

:lol:

Anyway, a different version/remix perhaps?

Viper007Bond said:
Anyway, a different version/remix perhaps?

It could very well be. I'll see if I can find a live recording of that song as well. I've seen Depeche Mode live before, but I remember them staying pretty close to the original on that song.

It's one thing to try to identify a song based on lyrics, but when you are going off of bleeps and blips it can be quite difficult. :p

Could we possibly email BBC to ask them what song they used?

Just a thought ...

Um can anyone seed this for a few..mintues? i'm at 99.7% and no one is seeding

People may be, but the tracker is down/having issues. I'm going to retorrent the ones having issues today if I get a chance.

well it says i'm completed...but i really aren't because i have 4 peers seeding off of me...it says no one has a complete copy of the video...also i'm useing torrent tornado

If it says you have 100% of the file, then you do and you're just uploading to others. I'm seeding this one though right now just in case.

Hi another song question,
I really want to know what song they're playing at around 52:00, when clarkson says "we have to think vertically" and the apache appears. It's a lone lady singing something i can't discern. Well if you can't name the song I'd really like to know the artist or something to get me in the right direction.

thanks in advance :D