No announcement yet.

[17x07] December 28th, 2011 [India Special]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw this for the 2nd time since it aired and I enjoyed it much more. I recommend a 2nd viewing for those who hated it the first time round.
    "Don't brake. Don't brake. Don't brake....MY LEG'S GOT A MIND OF ITS OWN AND IT'S BRAKING!"- Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Ilpav View Post
      Just saw this for the 2nd time since it aired and I enjoyed it much more. I recommend a 2nd viewing for those who hated it the first time round.
      The smell of stale dog shit is not an improvement over the fresh stuff.
      It is impossible to live in peace with fellow beings whom one believes to be damned...one must absolutely either bring them back into the fold or torment them. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

BMW: built by Germans, driven by tossers. - Jeremy Clarkson

The world's biggest dick can be found on a blue whale. And I thought it was on Top Gear. - Sarah Millican

Your comments tonight have been described variously as "rabid", "pig-ignorant", and "stutifyingly ill-informed" - Chris Morris, apparently anticipating Jalopnik

Comment

Yeah, I watched a second time and it was a little better...but I still wouldn't say it was good...

My Car(s):
        2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S sedan - 1.8L I4, 4-speed automatic - work commuter (PYC coming soon)
        2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback - 2.0L I4, 5-speed manual - weekend/road trip warrior
        1999 Chevrolet Cavalier sedan - 2.2L I4, 3-speed automatic, crap-ton of rust and not much else (first car) - SOLD!

Comment

I finally saw this all the way through, twice even. It sucked both times. Epic Fail, as the kids say. I'd vote -1 if I could.
          The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
          -- Bill Watterson "Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Yeah bit late and after my favourites Vietnam and Bolivia I somewhat enjoyed the NY - Middle East special and grew to like it. So when I left for home I felt sad because I was quite excited for the India special. Well this one lacked the flow for me and the adventurism of the past episodes.

Hope that the next one will be better. Still ok somehow. They should've gone on one of those dangerous mountain passes in old cars and show more of the country. The challenges were missing and the food race was a bit stupid. If I get the chance will try and see if I they can win my heart over a bit more.

Comment

I know what you mean, it wasn't my favorite either, but after getting the DVD and watching it with commentary, I like it a lot more now. The DVD extras were good too.
              Judy

People were crashing cars long before Top Gear existed. James May

Comment

Yeah want to buy the challenges on DVD. Wish I could buy the regular episodes as well. That'd be great!

Comment

Does anyone have a good explanation for why they took the train in the first leg of the journey? It's not like in Vietnam where they were behind schedule and I bet Clarkson was near death from riding that scooter for many days.

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
                    Not gonna comment on the episode yet, but anyone else catch this gem around the 10:05 mark?

Does anyone know what brand of shirt Clarkson is wearing in this photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
                      I hate spoilers more than I hate spoilers on anything with less than 600bhp.

Last years Christmas special had about 45 minutes of waste.
                      Bets on James crashing?
                      Not a V12 XJS?
                      3 great cars... Dicky wins.
                      Not bangers for once, should be interesting.
                      Please no TG comedy.
                      Ugh.
                      Mini roofs fucked.
                      25 minutes of waste already.
                      Didn't see that happening In the queue...
                      35 minutes of waste.
                      Fucking hell Jimmy nearly died.
                      I swear I saw the muff coming.
                      Its illegal to disperse aircon gas... I think
                      Hmmm not that great so far.
                      FFS Mexico isn't funny anymore, mainly because you pussied it at the time you short arse.
                      Who wrote the script, the Chuckle Brothers?
                      Its a bad version of Top Gear Ground Force, yeah I didn't think it was possible either.
                      Oh fuck you its not funny.

The worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Transformers 3.
                      Waste of 90 minutes.
                      I haven't seen this since, it was on Dave so I decided to try it again.

It's sad, because it's incredibly lazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X