14.93%
    15.75%
    15.75%
    10.95%
    7.13%
    4.98%
    4.48%
    http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/17/7/
    Last edited by Viper007Bond; December 29th, 2011, 10:26 PM.

• Aston Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Aston Martin View Post
    I hate spoilers more than I hate spoilers on anything with less than 600bhp.

Last years Christmas special had about 45 minutes of waste.
    Bets on James crashing?
    Not a V12 XJS?
    3 great cars... Dicky wins.
    Not bangers for once, should be interesting.
    Please no TG comedy.
    Ugh.
    Mini roofs fucked.
    25 minutes of waste already.
    Didn't see that happening In the queue...
    35 minutes of waste.
    Fucking hell Jimmy nearly died.
    I swear I saw the muff coming.
    Its illegal to disperse aircon gas... I think
    Hmmm not that great so far.
    FFS Mexico isn't funny anymore, mainly because you pussied it at the time you short arse.
    Who wrote the script, the Chuckle Brothers?
    Its a bad version of Top Gear Ground Force, yeah I didn't think it was possible either.
    Oh fuck you its not funny.

The worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Transformers 3.
    Waste of 90 minutes.
    I haven't seen this since, it was on Dave so I decided to try it again.

It's sad, because it's incredibly lazy.

Leave a comment:

• polar1882
    replied
    Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
    Not gonna comment on the episode yet, but anyone else catch this gem around the 10:05 mark?

Does anyone know what brand of shirt Clarkson is wearing in this photo?

Leave a comment:

• controlspecimen
    replied
    Does anyone have a good explanation for why they took the train in the first leg of the journey? It's not like in Vietnam where they were behind schedule and I bet Clarkson was near death from riding that scooter for many days.

Leave a comment:

• Crisdean
    replied
    Yeah want to buy the challenges on DVD. Wish I could buy the regular episodes as well. That'd be great!

Leave a comment:

• skylock
    replied
    I know what you mean, it wasn't my favorite either, but after getting the DVD and watching it with commentary, I like it a lot more now. The DVD extras were good too.

Leave a comment:

• Crisdean
    replied
    Yeah bit late and after my favourites Vietnam and Bolivia I somewhat enjoyed the NY - Middle East special and grew to like it. So when I left for home I felt sad because I was quite excited for the India special. Well this one lacked the flow for me and the adventurism of the past episodes.

Hope that the next one will be better. Still ok somehow. They should've gone on one of those dangerous mountain passes in old cars and show more of the country. The challenges were missing and the food race was a bit stupid. If I get the chance will try and see if I they can win my heart over a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• Doctor Blade
    replied
    I finally saw this all the way through, twice even. It sucked both times. Epic Fail, as the kids say. I'd vote -1 if I could.

Leave a comment:

• Leadfoot866
    replied
    Yeah, I watched a second time and it was a little better...but I still wouldn't say it was good...

Leave a comment:

• The Spie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ilpav View Post
    Just saw this for the 2nd time since it aired and I enjoyed it much more. I recommend a 2nd viewing for those who hated it the first time round.
    The smell of stale dog shit is not an improvement over the fresh stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Ilpav
    replied
    Just saw this for the 2nd time since it aired and I enjoyed it much more. I recommend a 2nd viewing for those who hated it the first time round.

Leave a comment:

• Sascha77
    replied
    Geez.. the special was pretty awful, but some of those Indian officials really need to grow a sense of humor.

And BTW: When the first newsreader did his thing, I thought the video was a satirical piece. You couldn't get more stereotypically Indian if you tried ...

i was watching i think series 13 and what they say about germany was way worse too.
    Hmm.. let's see: Lederhosen, The Scorpions and buying David Hasselhoff-albums ... we probably deserve it ...

S.
    Last edited by Sascha77; February 28th, 2012, 9:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skylock
    replied
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...-top-gear.html

India Christmas Special Cars Unwrapped At Beaulieu's World Of Top Gear

Leave a comment:

• emerge.life
    replied
    I would too rate it as maybe 6/10, since an India Special could have so much more into it...
    Ah well, old ages...

Leave a comment:

• Burn
    replied
    Clarkson's and Wilman's reaction to the internet criticism:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...-on-series-18/

I think they are making it too easy with explaining the bad reactions on india / the good ones on 18x01...

The Problem with India was NOT that it wasn't about cars, it JUST WAS NOT THAT GOOD. For example, I really liked when they tried to put on the banner while the train was on the move, despite it having nothing to do with cars...

Leave a comment:

• Aussie Muscle
    replied
    Originally posted by skylock View Post
    gee, if us Australians were as sensitive as the indians, we'd be a republic over what Jeremy says about us. indian govt were probably just using it to take heat off themselves. i was watching i think series 13 and what they say about germany was way worse too.

Leave a comment:

• Trail Blazer
    replied
    I'll give it a 5 out of 10. The first half was a snoozer, but the second half was pretty damn good.
    Last edited by Trail Blazer; January 29th, 2012, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Whitevanwoman
    replied
    Quote from Andy Wilman in today's Sunday Times:

Remember, Top Gear isn't just for a Christmas Special; its for life.

Leave a comment:

• Mistikal
    replied
    I was entertained, and I enjoyed it, but as far as the specials go, this would be at the bottom of the pile. However, I've seen worse.

Leave a comment:

• abczyx
    replied
    Originally posted by Comedy Stig View Post
    As perhaps suggested before, I bet that the Top Gear team were banking on at least one of the cars breaking down en route which would have inserted a degree of "natural jeopardy" into the proceedings. However this idea was completely screwed by good old British cars not missing a beat whilst journeying through the (relative) wilds of India, and any thoughts of scripted gags interspersed with natural spontaneity (which would have worked MUCH better) were essentially shot to pieces as a consequence.
    They could have scripted a breakdown, and we probably wouldn't have guessed. I mean a proper mechanical breakdown, as opposed to just crashing into things.

Or, alternatively, they could have used this reliability to introduce a subplot where the guys decide to sabotage each others cars, as Jeremy's loose cannon of a brain forgets about the "Promote Britain" idea and takes its natural course of making Hammond and May's lives hell. It could have worked.

You're definitely right on the buildings. I've only ever been to India once, but there are enough interesting places even on the Mumbai-Delhi route.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X