[18x02] February 5th, 2012

[18x02] February 5th, 2012

• Total voters
Skinny attacking Stig brought me to tears.

It's good when the ep feels too short.

Is this 2005? It felt just like that with the show having only three segments, news and the SIARPC. Awesome!
The China bit was both funny and interesting at the same time. Maybe the SLS bit was a little bit 'bland', JC should have done more powerslides in it.

I might jinx it a little by saying this, but it looks like proper Top Gear has returned for good!
Way to go Top Gear!

PS. Don't mess with the Chinese Stig, he will have your testes for lunch!

I'll easily give this a 9.

Last edited:
Very enjoyable, rewatching bits of it already. I think the Chinese Stig bit was just long enough...good timing on when they stopped the joke. As for the abrupt end to Richard's Nascar segment, maybe there will be more on the DVD? Well, one can hope... ;) The ending was funny as well.

Two for two...so far so good for the series.

Another good ep this week. Enjoyed all the segments this week, although I thought the Chinese Cars went probably a bit too long.

9/10 because I really liked their soundtrack this week.

nascar bit was interesting, skipped SIARPC but from the looks of it he was a pretty good guest might go back and watch it SLS was decent and the China bit was very well done even if they did milk the stig a little bit to much overall 8/10

Yeah, I definitely hope that Richard actually being in a race ends up on DVD. All of the segments were top-notch stuff. The SLS Roadster segment was visually the best of the three IMO, probably because it was a Power Test. 9.

EDIT: One of the television screens that displays the logo is in the TG-V12 Jaguar. Epic win there.

Last edited:
Gave it an 8, as nothing, sadly, can interest me in NASCAR (sorry!) but that's just my taste. SIARPC was good but not brilliant, the news was fun (naughty childhood James) and the Chinese segment was excellent, factual but fun.

A good, solid programme, though not as good for me, personally, as last week.

China - great mix of information, speculation and a little gentle piss-taking. Fighty Chinese Stig a perfect example of how planned humour does work on the show. Sadly HDR cut out the last couple of minutes but I can catch up on iPlayer. Expecting BlaRo to hate that part since Jeremy said "Lover"

Nice one, chaps! :thumbup:

Another solid 8/10 for me.

Why would he be mad,he got a cameo in the end :p

Nice episode this one.

Reactions: MWF
I liked the Nascar bit but they could have done so much more with it. The news was great and very funny. Matt Leblanc as the SIARPC was entertaining, a petrolhead, and very fast. Car review was standard fare, although I'm surprised they never got the coupe around the test track. I was expecting much more from the Chinese cars bit, and it's not as good as the pacific rim comedy cars. Overall an entertaining car episode. 7/10.

7/10 for me. I've only watched this one twice so far, so it's difficult to really compare it to other past episodes.

Keep in mind that all these scores are related to Top Gear, even the worst Top Gear episode is better than almost anything else's best show.

The first segment was great. While I it was a bit brief, I've always been a sucker for Nascar related inside scoops (the racing still bores the shit out of me.)

News was hilarious as usual, Clarkson had a couple comments that were pretty offensive comments that I loved.

Mercedes review was a bit short, it would have been nice to see some sort of comparison race (even if it's just for shits and giggles.)

I'm not a huge fan of SIARC and usually skip (which is impossible using streams.) I thought the guest was interesting due to his interest in cars, and his great lap.

While the china segment had a lot of simple/ layman humor it was still well produced compared to other scripted shit that can get over the top.

Last edited:
I liked!
Kudos for making me actually feel interested for NASCAR (no offense to the fans, but I find even Monster Jam to be more enjoyable)

Skipped the interview with the guy from Friends, but I think I'll watch it tomorrow, he seems to be a lot better than last week's "Boring.I.am"

I LOVE that Merc's sound! It sounds so... evil :love:

and... Chinese Stig :D

9/10 great episode!

BTW, someone NEEDS to make a gif of Jeremy jerking off the XF150ZK/4's gearbox :lol:

Car review was standard fare, although I'm surprised they never got the coupe around the test track.

I'm fairly sure The Stig took the SLS coup? round the track for a lap in one of TG Magazine's articles. It's on the Wikipedia list of official TG Track Times with a 1:21.6. The Power Laps site has no mention of it although it also doesn't have the KTM X-Bow, Aston V12 Vantage, 599 HGTE, Renaultsport Clio Cup or M-B SLR Stirling Moss all of which got times for the magazine around the circuit and have videos on the Top Gear website (oddly, the SLS doesn't have a video).

It was okay. I can't point at what's wrong exactly, I guess the problem is that the whole show has that sedate, uninspired pace recently. It's like they're there... but they're not really in there anymore.

Anyway, I don't really care for TGUK, I can't wait until TGUS starts... that show is way more lively and fun.

Brilliant episode!

NASCAR segment was great.
News was alright.
SLS review wasn't the best ever, but pretty good (amazing cinematography).
Matt LeBlanc was surprisingly good (although he looked like he was on 3 hours of sleep).
Chinese Car segment was brilliant and one of the best segments of TG ever. Very entertaining and yet very informative. Chinese Stig was just pure gold! I was laughing so much I had to take a break and walk it off! :lol:

This episode goes down as one of the all time greats.

9.5/10

Last edited:
Though it did fluctuate a bit after the News, overall it was a good, solid episode.

9/10