[19x01] January 27th, 2013

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
Classic Top Gear... I like the part with the Bentley, and the smallest car in the [insert Jeremy Clarkson Voice her]"woorrld" :razz:

A great start for the new series imo ...

That Pagani's time is unbelievable. It looked 'slow' (compared to an Ariel Atom V8 or an Aventador) in my opinion, but I was quite wrong. However, I do prefer the styling from the Zonda more than the Huayra ...
The rally with the Bentley was quite funny and impressive to watch. James did it perfectly again ...
And then Jeremy's creation. I'm quite sure there will be people on this forum who thinks it was very stupid, but I laughed for miles. I really liked it

I didn't care much for the guest but I almost never do ...

6... I was tempted for a 7, but most of the laughs were from Top Gear withdrawal. If it had followed on from a really good episode, I'd have been disappointed. Standard supercar test, cringeworthy news, and the final segment was meh. Dragged on too long with the Dragon's Den bit as well.

Rally segment was great however, as was the SIARPC lap.

Maybe I just need to see this episode again but I was just amazed how they managed to make Pagani-bit boring?
Rally - Good
Star Guest - Good
Jeremy - Rubbish, utter utter sh*t

At least my twitter is full of rave reviews from UK friends. Can't wait to see it!

Argh.. tuned into the live stream about 30 minutes late (right in the middle of SIARPC). What I saw didn't fill me with confidence for S19. JC re-hashing his Peel-review.. meh. The Peel-thing wasn't really brilliant to begin with and to do a copycat-version of it doesn't make it any better. Plus (like the original bit) it was way too long - it's a one-joke-film, good for maybe 3 or 4 minutes of screentime. Should've done a small bit about it (maybe just in the studio, like with the "white-goods-car") and used the time gained to review another car.

Gonna wait with my verdict until I get a chance to view the two films I missed, but what I've seen so far left me quite underwhelmed. But since the glass is usually half-full to me, I say S19 will be one of those TG-seasons that start out with a crappy show and pick up speed during the second or third installment.

BTW - quick question for you UK-guys: Since when is "shit" not getting bleeped on TG? Change of rules on BBC2/UK-TV?

S.

so can we get children to do the work

I gave it a 9.. it was worth the wait. The rally Bentley looked properly fast and frightening. P45 appealed to children and adults alike. I thought it was a well balanced show. ... what did Jeremy mean at the end? Next week is only with James and Richard?

I think it was a great episode. The Pagani Huayra sat an incredible time around the track! The news was really funny. The rally bit with the Bentley was amazing. And great cocking about with "The P45" :)

10/10 from me

Last edited:
... what did Jeremy mean at the end? Next week is only with James and Richard?

Because people will only recognize his "genius" once he's dead (the van Gogh-thing).

S.

Last edited:
I liked first 3/4 of the show but not the P45, all a bit obvious. Would have been a big 9 but that piece cut it back to a 7.

There were a few Brit only jokes in there this week - P45 the form you get when you claim the dole for instance but I did see a couple of others.

Sascha77

?You missed the best bits, try again when the files come out.

Last edited:
Pagani was above OK.

The Bentley bit was great, and now want to see a Bentley actually get involved in the WRC for real. There's great potential and the road version did beat at least one World Rally car.

SIARPC. Don't know the circumstances but if the snow had been lying there for several hours without any more snow falling in the run-up to the SIARPC laps, I feel a special effort could have been made to scrub the track clean of all snow. Instead its an absolute mess and the lap time was rubbish when it could have been so much more without snow in the way. Otherwise I'm not terribly impressed with the rest of the segment, and see that Lewis Hamilton is coming back in the later episode.

The P45, it was looking good but it wasn't perfect. I wouldn't take something that slow on the motorway, if just to avoid making enemies with everyone that I held up. Of course, unless not all petrol stations have a minimum 2-litre limit at the pumps, not being able use petrol stations kills the P45 off entirely. There's nowhere to carry a jerrycan. Don't particularly like the Dragons Den crossover. Feels like Comic Relief. I'd rather have the Peel P50 to be honest. The segment up until Dragons Den was still great to watch.

Bentley section my favourite. Its not bad but not a classic. Didn't let withdrawal symptoms cloud my judgement. A reasonable 7 but I'm sure better is to come.