[22x08] June 28th, 2015 [The Final Clarkson, Hammond, & May Episode]

[22x08] June 28th, 2015 [The Final Clarkson, Hammond, & May Episode]

• Total voters
Not too often that it happens that way. Hopefully, this will mean that the full series DVD should be released soon.

Did anyone else notice the bags under Hammond's eyes? He looked exhausted and worn out to me. I am sure this experience has been taxing on all.

I actually liked the episode. I gave it a 10 even though some of the stuff is cheesy things that they did previously in some form or another.

It occurred to me this morning that certain things made the final edit simply because it was the last time we would see them on the show. I'm fairly sure Clarkson's "I hate working on Top Gear" would never have appeared otherwise and I bet if I were to watch it back I would spot a lot more veiled references.

I'm sure the "I hate working on Top Gear" was added when Jeremy went in to do some voice-overs shortly before it was finished and aired. There is no footage of him actually saying it -- it was just a shot of his SUV stuck in the mud.

Does anyone know the make/model of the "penis" wheels? I know someone that wants to get them to go on his pickup that already has the hanging balls on the trailer hitch.

Well, that was quicker than expected...just saw an ad for this episode on BBC Canada. It'll air on July 11th.

I haven't had a chance to compare yet, to see if anything has been edited out, but they ran the silent credits without any voiceovers.

And, either someone at BBC Canada was really confused or I missed something. They usually have the warning for the show, that it may contain coarse language. Last night's ep got a warning that it may contain nudity, mature subject matter and coarse language.

Oh duh...just realized. They must be referring to Jeremy's hubcaps. Oy vey...

Well, so far BBC America has cut out the entire pub scene, and, not at all surprisingly, they cut out Jeremy's penis wheel bit. I fully expect the end credits will also be screwed up. It's the last show, couldn't they have just left it unedited?! It's ridiculous.

Yep, I knew they were gonna ficking do it. Voiceover for some stupid ass show on the final credits. How about a little respect, BBC America?! Assholes.

Last edited:
It ran 100 minutes, from 9:00 to 10:40 EST. You'd think an entire 75 minute program could fit into a 100 minute slot with no edits, but apparently not.

Last edited:
While scrutinizing this episode to see what BBC Canada may have edited out (so far, just a line or two), the guy that was sitting next to Richard when they were in the pub, failing to answer trivia questions, caught my eye.

Is he the same guy that was demonstrating the frozen penis to the boys in the Polar episode?

Top%20Gear%20Check_zpsprwjbkz0.jpg

While scrutinizing this episode to see what BBC Canada may have edited out (so far, just a line or two), the guy that was sitting next to Richard when they were in the pub, failing to answer trivia questions, caught my eye.

Is he the same guy that was demonstrating the frozen penis to the boys in the Polar episode?

Nice spot. I think you're right.
They're referring to him as the doctor in the polar special. So maybe he's the team doc...
Maybe he can be spotted when James fell in the Middle East special or something. Too lazy to put on my eagle eye.

I watched the BBC Canada version of this episode, synched up with the BBC version, to see where the differences were. BBC Canada aired the episode in a 90 minute time slot, with commercials and edited out, less than a minute's worth of stuff.

- Immediately after the SUV 0-60-0 test, they cut out Jeremy's "So, with that, back to the studio" and Richard's voiceover "Except, it wasn't back to the studio, because...". It comes in on "We were then told..."
- After the SUV Cliff Roll, they cut out the "Eventually, though, we were all reunited in Yorkshire" line.
- A few seconds after Richard realizes he's gone to the wrong place.

That's it. And they aired the silent credits without any voiceovers. Probably one of the least edited episodes I've seen them air.

Rewatching this right now. Weird bit I noticed, when Jezza poses with the soldier girl for a picture some guy says "that's wrong is that" ..it's wrong to take a picture?

Studio scenes are a bit awkward but I love the elephant in the room :p Guess Jezza was there after all.

Rewatching this right now. Weird bit I noticed, when Jezza poses with the soldier girl for a picture some guy says "that's wrong is that" ..it's wrong to take a picture?

I think he's simply talking to somebody else.

Well, so far BBC America has cut out the entire pub scene, and, not at all surprisingly, they cut out Jeremy's penis wheel bit. I fully expect the end credits will also be screwed up. It's the last show, couldn't they have just left it unedited?! It's ridiculous.

Yep, I knew they were gonna ficking do it. Voiceover for some stupid ass show on the final credits. How about a little respect, BBC America?! Assholes.

Respect? Its not the assassination of the president. Its the end of an era for a TV show that ended that way because one presenter had one drink too many.

Silent credits are awkward as hell. You should go out with a bang, not with a whimper. How I like it is to do a normal credits with music, don't care what, with everyone who worked on the production in alphabetical order to show its a real team effort (like how the sitcom The Young Ones ended). Or no credits at all and just have the BBC Top Gear end card at the end (like the final episode of Blackadder Goes Forth). Hell, a montage of the last 13 years would be good too. One Foot In The Grave ended on a sad note but it didn't have silent credits, it was all pretty cheerful with the Travelling Wilburys playing.

I have to say, it was actually good. 8/10.
And, it featured my favorite ride, the XJ Cherokee with the I6.
Lets hope their new show is just as good.