[04x08] July 18th, 2004

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
From the other thread on the episode (http://gear.viper007bond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=814):

VUK said:
Jeremy Clarkson tests the new Ford GT, Richard Hammond says goodbye to a motoring icon - the Rover V8, and James May reviews the Maserati Quattroporte. This week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car is Martin Clunes.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ford GT is probably jeremy's
pdavda said:
Now that is cool, Martin Clunes is a funny guy and we'll get a lot of laughs out of him as he tries to beat Neil Morriseys record. Another thing, I hope they mention something about how the Rover V8 looks like a mix of an Audi A6 (The grill), A Jag (don't know the specific model but Rover have been using their style for the Rover 75 right down to the chrome boot handle with Rover written on it like Jaguars do) and also a BWM because of the lights. Who else agrees?
haha604 said:
Very interested in how the GT would do on Top Gear's track.

Renesis said:
those are the only 2 on topic posts I could find :lol:

You are wrong, take your job seriously please! :roll:

Here are the missing ones:

pdavda said:
Guess what guys, I did a bit of searching and came across something that will be featured in this weeks show.

Check out this link, its all about how Top Gear wrecks a few cars using a Boewing 747. I read that they used the engines of the plane to propell cars into the air and let gravity do the wrecking work :D looks like the guys have been up to no good.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/t...lowing-747-wrecks-top-gear-car-name_page.html

Quoted from the site:
"The show featuring the 747 stunt will be broadcast on July 18."

hehe sounds like classic TG to me

Viper007Bond said:
What is a "yellow box junction"?

Renesis said:
OMG! yes!!!!! 8) 8)

you made my day! (I was bored)

kteO1 said:
just started to download with 6.8kb/s.... :cry:

kteO1 said:
249,3kb/s :lol:

Viper007Bond said:
Well sith is pushing at least 2 megabytes per second with two servers, so it's something on your end...

Renesis said:
sith's uploading at 2 MegaBytes/sec so it must be you! :wink:

Renesis said:
:lol: I got owned by Viper and Viper got owned by kte01! :lol:

Viper007Bond said:
:lol: I didn't see kteO1's second post as he posted after I loaded the page and the same thing happened to Renesis on my post.

Fede said:
Viper007Bond said:
Released!
Great, thx! :)

Downloading! :)

Renesis said:
Good episode... really has some funny bits like

"gimme more powa!"
"how will he get in it?"

:lol:

Zuhaib said:
Seed: 66 Peer: 360

DL AVG: 4 kB/s

=\

Viper007Bond said:
Thanatos said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004321065,00.html

heres a link to the hit and run of a lamppost article in the sun they mentiond in the news on top gear. damn, that guy was lucky!
Was wondering what they were talking about...

Viper007Bond said:
[07/19 14:49:38] sith33: ooo... realized that my torrent client was only allowing 7 uploads at a time... now it is allowing 55 and sending much faster, hoorah
[07/19 14:52:02] Viper007Bond: lol
[07/19 14:52:06] Viper007Bond: you're crazy

Viper007Bond said:
[07/19 15:29:15] sith33: upload rate: 4978.89 kB/s

:shock:

Renesis said:

MPower said:

Kip_6666 said:
Its a small track. A second is quite a lot for that track.

The gt ditching was the funniest of all.

The skoda left me pretty surprised, beating the mini cooper, thats a pretty big thing.

ow yeah...
:)

SiR_dude said:
:shock: (hey, I had to :mrgreen: )

Zuhaib said:
Viper007Bond said:
[07/19 15:29:15] sith33: upload rate: 4978.89 kB/s

And i was shocked when i got my DSL upgraded so now i can upload at 50kB/s

If only i could be the only one connected to sith33... Then i would not still be hear waiting for it to be done =(

(I am right now at 1.5kbps DL)

woodchuck said:
Seems like JC liked Kill Bill. Guess half of the movie soundtrack has already been in past two episodes...

wescx said:
woodchuck said:
Seems like JC liked Kill Bill . Guess half of the movie soundtrack has already been in past two episodes...

So true :lol:

oliB said:
I think I'll have to show the Boeing part to my dad, he works as a 747 captain for Lufthansa. :wink:

cya
Oli

:wink:
cya
Oli

:lol: You're cut, Ren! :p j/k

GJ Oli. :)

Anyway, back to discussion on this episode itself...

holy shit oli! you went through 11 pages of OT to find what... 8 forgotten, now old, on topic posts?

eesh. :?

Hello

Hello

Hi

I'm new to the board and I saw this argument and I just had to get in on it.

1. The GT wasn't overhyped, if it was, then every single supercar is overhyped.

2. The GT is a great accomplishment as it was 40 years ago, when they smacked Ferrari around, not necessarily meaning that the GT is greater than the Ferrari.

3. When did Ferrari's suddenly get a reputation for reliability? Maybe it's because most owners rarely open up the throttle? Maybe they baby the 360 like they gave up their firstborn for it? Hey, if I only put 30,000 miles on a Daewoo, I'm sure it would be "reliable."

4. I'm wary about this comparison of the GT's and the 360CS' engine.
The Ferrari engine is a masterpiece, a ludicrous piece of engineering, but it's very difficult to say that the GT is ridiculously inefficient as it does produce nearly twice the amount of torque.

5. I love BMW. However, stating that Merc engines are stupid pieces of scrap metal with superchargers tacked on suffers from the same error as point #4. Mercs are ridiculously torquey. I still love the Bimmers though.

6. I don't know about you, but most people who buy 360s buy it to cruise the streets and pick up girls, not the kind you pay, in my opinion. So thus, comfort is an important factor.

7. WOW, twin turbo 360..........didn't think such a high strung engine could handle such a thing. MMMmmmmmm....yummy.

Personally, what makes a great car for me just isn't how fast it corners or how fast it'll accelerate. A plethora of other factors affect it as well. I personally would take the DB9. It's slower, it won't corner as fast, it won't work half the days, but I'd still choose the DB9.

Everybody has their own preference and their own factors as to what makes a car better. Some people car about price, others about style, and other on just uniqueness (I mean why the hell else would you buy a Spyker, it looks like a car created by drag queens).

If I had only a choice between a GT and a 360CS, it would be the CS just because I love the lines of the Ferrari, handling, the lightness and the scream of an Italian.

I wish they had put Jun's R33 on the track when TG had it, I think that would've been a great laptime.[/quote]

Woops, posted in wrong area, not sure how to move it though.

Meh, I splitted this topic for that exact reason :roll:

Copy/paste it in the GT argument thread and I'll delete this post you made here after

way to go krazyivan, good job on all your points that are true and valid.

the Ford GT is better but only a poser would want the ferrari cuz of the rep and name, an enthusiast would want the GT.

I'm sorry if anyone has asked this question but does anybody know the name
of the band and the song that is played while JC was talking about the old GT40 ?

Maserrati music

Maserrati music

What is the music they're using at the very beginning of the Quatraporte piece at the beginning of the show? I would be most appreciative.

Regards,
Jim

^ Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

Windowlicker is an amazing song by and even more amazing artist. If you like abstract electronic music, Aphex Twin is definetly the best out there. :D The eaiest place to find the song would be on the Windowlicker EP.

Nikkel said:
And you don't know mine ?
:cry:
Starts 40:31 ends 40:54
Sorry, but I don't. I'll keep my ears out looking for it though. :(

If anyone know metal music really well, they may want to give it a listen too.

Is this episode available to download anywhere? The message at the top says "released", but the download page says it's not available as a torrent :?

Thanks, V.

Aye, I know it's an oldie, but there's stuff older than that still listed on the downloads page (18/7 says "Coming Soon" BTW!??!).
I was hoping someone might still have it available somewhere as I fancied seeing the Skoda whup the Mini Cooper :D

Thanks for the welcome though,

V.

Check out the thread for Hokiethang's FTP in the Video Offers section. I'm pretty sure every single episode in the last five seasons is avaiable there. You'll have to PM him as well for an account, but definetly check it out. It's an amazing collection of videos. :)