[04x06] June 13th, 2004

Anyone have any idea on the tune that starts at 19:14 (near the end of the "XJS on steroids" segment)

Does Anyone know 34:31 to 34:45 ?

15:38 - 16:20 is a track from the Fight Club movie soundtrack.

Track 12 - Marla; the sample is taken at 1 minute 52 seconds. The soundtrack was composed by the Dust Brothers.

47:01 - 47:15 - John Williams - The Phantom Menace Soundtrack - Duel of the Fates.
47:16 - 47:52 - Alfred Newman - How the West Was Won Soundtrack - Main Theme.

As Cactuar said, The song from 15:38 is from the Fight Club sound track, but it's actually called 'Jack and Marla Joy'.

The song from 19:14 - ??:?? (20:22) is 'Marla' from the same.

04:16 - 04:30 : "Cellar Door"
15:00 - 15:29 : "Burn It to the Ground"
20:13 - 20:40 : "Burn It to the Ground"

All are from the Donnie Darko movie soundtrack by Michael Andrews. It's an excellent movie with an excellent soundtrack, and it's been used in probably as many Top Gear episodes as there are seasons of the show.

34:52 - 35:00 - Alain Legrand - Theme from the Magic Roundabout
35:00 - 35:31 - Doves - Darker
36:00 - 36:11 - Doves - Break Me Gently (Incidental)

Hello everybody!
When Jeremy tests the Clio rs182 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO0bH8soT2Q ,at 01:21, a new track starts just before he says "the whole drivetrain feels as though it's come from a tunnel boring machine".Please tell me what's the name and author and the track!
Thank you!
(sounds like trentmoeller)
PS: the reason I put the video link is that other versions of the video have a different sountrack .

Those have me baffled as well. Below are sound clips of the exact music in question. I'm hoping somebody out there will recognize these :blink:
Clip 1
Clip 2

Even more baffling to me is the music in clip #3 (below). It sounds exactly like Meat Beat Manifesto, but I have yet to find it in their catalogue of music.
Clip 3

Anybody have any ideas on these? *fingers-crossed*

Last edited:
Hello, I know its a bit cheeky, but I have been trying to work out what this song is, for AGES. I dont have the full episode on my PC so dont know the "proper" time codes, but at 1:55 from this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvaIcxadvwA does anyone know what that track is? Bought all the others in that area from Itunes, a couple I couldnt find, but I have had this track in my head for weeks again now after hearing it on the final episode of Hustle.

Thanks for any help :)

^^ I have the full episode and according to the timecoding on it and the timeline at the top of this page the moment in the XJS review you're talking about (1:55 in the youtube clip) is around 16 minutes into the episode.

which would probably make the song you're after one of these two:

15:38 - 16:20 - The Dust Brothers - Marla
16:21 - 17-20 - The Cinematic Orchestra - Evolution (Porto Edit)

I wish you luck.

I think I found "number 2" :Julian Jeweil - Air conditionne (Original Mix)
Listen carefully to the beginning;it's almost identical.
Thanks for posting, but "Air Conditionne" came out in 2007 and this special aired in 2004. It has to be something from 2004 or earlier.

Last edited:
This song has been in the charts in my country for a few weeks now;but some tracks stay anonymous for years until they are discovered by the right people and made famous.I thought/think that this was/is the case with this one,especially since she -the DJ- said that something about the track being actually recorded in 2003. This might not be accurate as I wasn't paying much attention;she could have been talking about some other track of the same author.
PS:Some artists in my country made top10 dance songs,in a few weeks went off the charts and the next years the same songs were smash-hits in other european countries.
I'm going to keep on searching:because the tracks are similar,there is a chance of this being an older song of the same author.

Hi,

Im searching for the song that is played when Hammond is reviewing the Cadillac. I saw a repeat on TV so I don't know the exact times it is played so I will try and describe the scene. It was near the start of the review when you see shots of the Cadillac from the outside and I am fairly sure there were wind turbines in the background. The music itself sounded fairly chilled out and almost ambient. Anyone know what is was? Im sorry that I don't know the specific time it was played but I hope you guys know which track I mean.

Cheers.

Hi,

Im searching for the song that is played when Hammond is reviewing the Cadillac. I saw a repeat on TV so I don't know the exact times it is played so I will try and describe the scene. It was near the start of the review when you see shots of the Cadillac from the outside and I am fairly sure there were wind turbines in the background. The music itself sounded fairly chilled out and almost ambient. Anyone know what is was? Im sorry that I don't know the specific time it was played but I hope you guys know which track I mean.

Cheers.
It's possible that you've seen the BBCPrime version which cuts a lot of the songs from the original version of the show and replaces them with cheaper generic stuff and if that's the case then this list probably won't help.

If you have seen the proper version: The Cadillac review ran from about 34 minutes into the episode to about 40 minutes into the episode. That would mean the song you're after would be in amongst these:

34:06 - 34:21 - Doves - Break Me Gently (Incidental)
34:31 - 34:45 - The Vines - Animal Machine
34:47 - 34:59 - The Vines - Ride
34:52 - 35:00 - Alain Legrand - Theme from the Magic Roundabout
35:00 - 35:31 - Doves - Darker
35:42 - 36:08 - Apollo 440 - Altamont Super-Highway Revisit
36:00 - 36:11 - Doves - Break Me Gently (Incidental)
36:58 - 37:44 - U.N.K.L.E. - Eye For an Eye
37:45 - 38:25 - Doves - Darker
38:42 - 39:27 - Doves - Far From Grace

I'm guessing that it's not The Vines because their songs are far from 'chilled ambient'. You could try the song by Doves and the one by Alain Legrand and then work your way from there...