Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McGuinness and Flintoff announced as new hosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    McGuinness and Flintoff announced as new hosts

    he pair will take over from Matt LeBlanc, after he steps down from presenting duties at the end of the next series.

    The comedian and former England cricket captain will join existing presenter and former racing driver Chris Harris to complete the new-look line-up.

    Filming for the 27th series of the BBC Two show will begin in early 2019.

    Rory Reid, who joined the Top Gear team after the departure of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, will no longer have a main presenting role.

    He began fronting spin-off show Extra Gear in 2016, and went on to co-host the main programme alongside LeBlanc and Harris on the most recent series.

    According to the BBC, he "will remain part of the Top Gear family", along with Sabine Schmitz, and will continue to be the face of Extra Gear.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45937945
    Team Black Jack

    __________________________

    So, that's all good.

    #2
    What happened to these forums...? New hosts for TG named and not a single comment after one whole week!?

    (Don't count me - I was ever a lurker anyway...)

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by MossMan View Post
      What happened to these forums...? New hosts for TG named and not a single comment after one whole week!?

      (Don't count me - I was ever a lurker anyway...)
      Apart from the forums being down for a few days and it's probably slow around here because there's no new TG or TGT on at the moment, I think it's also the case a lot of people don't really care anymore about Top Gear.

      I mean, including these new two, how many presenters/sidekicks will they have had on the show since C, H & M left? Must be nearly double figures now, surely.

      Comment


        #4
        Personally, I found the last season of TG to be better than the last season of GT .. with the first seasons of both (since the split) being painfully bad.

        CHM silliness is really not why I used to like the show, and while the last GT had reined it in and improved things, I felt the BBC had turned it around quicker and better.

        So here's hoping that yet another change isn't going to muck it up again...

        Comment


          #5
          It looks like the beeb has given up on the international market for Top Gear because these two will be virtually unheard of outside the UK, not exactly top names for this sort of job in the UK either really. At least LeBlanc has a gravitas about him which carries the show along with the two relative unknowns alongside him.

          Not sure why Reid got demoted either, thought he was doing OK. That'll be three different presenting teams in five years and I think people are just getting a little weary of it all.

          Comment


            #6
            I read somewhere that Reid was spotted script editing in the grand tour tent but as always on social media it’s probably not true

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by AlexF1 View Post
              I read somewhere that Reid was spotted script editing in the grand tour tent but as always on social media it’s probably not true
              Maybe it came from Flintoff, after all, he's the one who's got Reid's job?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
                It looks like the beeb has given up on the international market for Top Gear because these two will be virtually unheard of outside the UK, not exactly top names for this sort of job in the UK either really. At least LeBlanc has a gravitas about him which carries the show along with the two relative unknowns alongside him.

                Not sure why Reid got demoted either, thought he was doing OK. That'll be three different presenting teams in five years and I think people are just getting a little weary of it all.
                I think you are right and that would explain why they chose two new host's that like you said, are not really mainstream outside of the of the UK, TG is going to go back to being a British car show, and there is nothing wrong with that, I think BBC knows their cash cow has finally dried up .

                Comment

                Working...
                X