Season 24 Starts Filming In September(airs Spring 2017), With The 5 Remaining Hosts

All I can say is that I never DREAMED that Evans and Company could make such a horrifying mess out of Top Gear. I suppose there's one ray of hope -- I can't for the life of me imagine anyone POSSIBLY coming up with something WORSE than this dreadful season.

I can.

Try segments featuring electric cars ... with NO attempt whatsoever at listing shortcomings.

Or segments about bicycles and bike routes ... again, with NO attempt at criticism.

Or segments featuring guest presenters ... from the patented BBC "panel show" guest circuit, i.e. Sue Perkins, David Mitchell, Ross Noble, Holly Walsh, Hugh Dennis, etc. They try to be witty, but they only show off themselves instead of the subject at hand.

Put plain and simple, until the BBC puts a producer in charge who *actually understands* the CHM format and what made it successful (such as Richard Porter, or even *gasp* Andy Wilman), any new incarnation of TGUK will be at best mediocre.

If don't know why new top gear did not hire Richard porter. There is something weird going on with him that neither camps seem to want him esp when he had said publicly he would go with either side.

If don't know why new top gear did not hire Richard porter. There is something weird going on with him that neither camps seem to want him esp when he had said publicly he would go with either side.

Richard Porter is working with The Grand Tour. I'm not sure in what capacity, but he and Jeremy "made up" and he's back with the guys.

Richard Porter is working with The Grand Tour. I'm not sure in what capacity, but he and Jeremy "made up" and he's back with the guys.
Ok, the last I had heard he wasn't, but I have recently lost two months of time, so I have to catch up a lot of things.

I like it how he firstly says about Chris Evans' Top Gear "well, they didn't have it easy walking in such big footsteps", trying to be diplomatic but then finds more and more reasons why a simple copy couldn't work and in the end Porter ultimately makes no secret about what he thinks of new Top Gear:

?You can tie yourself in knots by thinking what would the audience want. Even if you looked at Jeremy, Richard, James, and thought, ?We can synthesise that: a loud bombastic one; a little enthusiastic one and a sort of fussy, fuddy duddy, pedantic . . .? But it?s more than that. You could find three people like that, but it would still be bloody awful.?

how many versions of Top Gear are actually good?

Top Gear UK (2nd iteration) and.... and.....

It's GAME OVER, man.
Top Gear is dead! Long live TGT

I admit I kinda like the chemistry between the Top Gear US presenters but their show suffers from a few errors:

- until recently, most of it was an Americanized version of what CHM did before

- the format suffers from the commercial breaks and the annoying summaries after each one

- many things seem too forced and are apparently manipulated, for instance it's clear that from the very start the "winner" or "loser" of each episode is already chosen.

- music and cinematography are not up to BBC standards

It'll depend on what sort of films they use him for next series he's got 2 2 week gaps to shoot a longer Top Gear film and 2 7 week gaps to shoot something a little shorter like a review or some other type of film. I can't remember how long it takes but I think even the longer specials only take about 7 days of filming.

I admit I kinda like the chemistry between the Top Gear US presenters but their show suffers from a few errors -

- the format suffers from the commercial breaks and the annoying summaries after each one
Y

And before the ads ... 'Coming up ....!'

I wish it was just a US TV thing, but this pre-commercial/post-commercial nonsense invades other nations' TV networks too. Beats me why networks think this is a good thing since all I'd get is an urge to record the show, and then jump the ads plus this additional pre-ad/post-ad nonsense.

But then TV networks aren't in it for our viewing pleasure - that's a task for the producers of great shows and movies. TV networks then get a hold of it and see how much they can spoil it before we stop watching.

And before the ads ... 'Coming up ....!'

I wish it was just a US TV thing, but this pre-commercial/post-commercial nonsense invades other nations' TV networks too. Beats me why networks think this is a good thing since all I'd get is an urge to record the show, and then jump the ads plus this additional pre-ad/post-ad nonsense.

It is designed to grab the attention of channel surfers and get them up to speed on what's already happened in the hope they'll decide to stay (or load the repeat airing into their DVR).

I know what it is intended for. But that doesn't make it any better.

hqdefault.jpg

Yes, exactly. Couldn't put it better myself. What has happened, and what has been said, is just too much to deal with or talk about.

Last edited:
I like that Harris and Reid seem to be more involved in the challenges, maybe this show is salvageable. Having a reasonable amount of hope.