[23x03] June 12th, 2016

[23x03] June 12th, 2016

• Total voters
Better than the last 2 episodes but the celebrity bit has to be cut down...

Rory should be the main presenter with Matt...though I wish they'd do more original reviews like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd_6P_AQj6U

Matt should also provide more insights from an American perspective on the cars...

How about the Stig vs Sabine instead of Sabine vs Sabine...

Quote Originally Posted by bullionaire View Post
Im going to say something blasphemous here:
Minus the CE bits and SIARPC segment, this is some of the best TG Ive seen in the last half decade.

If you didn't want the new style Top Gear scripted road tour stuff and wanted the older Top Gear car reviews, he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by bullionaire View Post
Im going to say something blasphemous here:
Minus the CE bits and SIARPC segment, this is some of the best TG Ive seen in the last half decade.

If you didn't want the new style Top Gear scripted road tour stuff and wanted the older Top Gear car reviews, he is right.

Bland Gear, just what the BBC wanted

Finally got to watch the episode on BBC Canada. I did like that CE wasn't as talky during the studio bits...but, ye gods, when you add commercials to the show, the SIARPC segment clocks in at just over 32 minutes! And the celebs look so damn awkward as they tell us what the other person has been doing. No way I was going to sit through that.

wow, that post actually got me a neg rep :eek:

You actually cited a reference, people don't like that these days :p

Oh dear me, consolidated viewing figures for episode 3 = 3.44mill, down 600k on episode 2 (4.06). I wonder if Mr Evans is going to tweet us some interesting FACTS about it? :rolleyes:

So finally I got around to watching it and I have to say it's the first episode where I didn't feel the need to press fast forward at some point. Even the star section was quite entertaining this time but I admit I still cannot be bothered with the rallye cross laps.

The recipe seems to be putting less Chris Evans into it, let him publically humiliate himself and then make sure he doesn't interfere with the movies of the other presenters.

Because all the movies were actually quite good and sometimes even funny.

For a car show.

I'd say from a pure petrolhead point of view this was on the level of previous Top Gear in Series 3 or 4 -- before the team Clarkson, Hammond and May really took off. That's the reason why I voted 7 out of 10.

Why not more even though I liked it?

Simple answer: Even though it was quite good, it still somehow misses the X ingredient. For instance the chemistry still doesn't work and everything in the studio seems rehearsed at least a dozen times. But I guess since they weren't actually together in the films, it didn't show that much this time.

Now going straight on with watching EP. 4

The chemistry still isn't really there yet, but episode 3 was a fair bit better than a lot of the CHM TG episodes. Chris Harris in the studio is a bit odd, and I think he needs some practice in this part. Rory Reid is quite good.

Not really a weak segment here. 7/10

The chemistry couldn't be there now, could it? After all, they're not interacting at all in this episode.