[23x03] June 12th, 2016

[23x03] June 12th, 2016

• Total voters

eltoro507

> ahpadt
Car(s)
French shitbox
Nearly all segments were quite watchable.
Also I'd never skip anything @harrismonkey is in, great bit on the TDF Ferrari's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think with this episode they've settled into Fifth Gear level watchability.

I've got to increase my rating again, this week is worth a 3.

7/10.

It was good. Not "good for new TG" or "good for episode 3". It was good.

Only let down by the SIARPC issue. All the other segments I enjoyed, very watchable ep.

Incoming haters in 3, 2, 1....

The parts without Evans were watchable, it reminds me a lot of fifth gear, good to see Sabine as well. Block is always good and with Matt they have somebody who can actually act! Very cool to see London empty but a maniac drifting around in it and flying away in a helicopter! Show is improving, if they cut out Evans, make the guest part shorter and again cut out Evans, it could become something!

20 seconds into the Audi bit: "Stop shouting!", "when will you do something original for once" and "you're overdoing it, clearly you're lacking the intelligence to know when to go all out and when not to".

Bit later: "drop the shit hipster shit shoes, only morons wear that".

- edit -

The only good bit is the Ford RS but anything with Evans or Matt (who's starting to get on my nerves) or Sabine (who seems to have a very limited vocabulary) I just can't stomach.

Last edited:
you should try, some parts are without the shouting and watchable! I tape it to be able to skip the Evans parts. Actually liked the Focus one the most, good presenter, should replace Evans.

Slightly better this week, the variety of presenters helped though Evans is still a twat. The guest segment is waaay too long still. Even at it's worst Clarkson TG was utterly unmissable for me, but I could happily miss this now and not give a shit.

Apparently my post was not posted, but here goes, I found this episode a lot better than the previous ones, there is progress. We went from amoebe to a fully grown frog. They are not yet on the crocodile level but getting there.

Evans is still annoying, I cope with it by taping the episodes and skipping through the Evans bits. Found the Focus part very enjoyable, no nonsense enjoying and reviewing cars, fifth gear style with some good top gear humour in it. Block part was good and spectacular, enjoyable!

Guest part was off course 'taped forward' but I noticed it was very, very long. No clue why.

Would love to see more of the focus presenter in the show, we need more 'normal' and 'non shouting annoying' presenters and all will be good! One more unkown car enthousiast would make the show. We really need some 'magic' again,

Last edited:
3rd episode in and there's a definite trend, less of Evans in the studio segments outside the SIARC bit and more of LeBlanc doing the basic presenting stuff. It's helping with less of the shouty presenter.

R8 - Just about watchable but I find Evans doesn't review a car that well and he needs someone else to drive fast during the review, or else he's basically just up and down the runway in a straight line. Sabine was OK but couldn't I understand her that well in the studio afterwards and the Stig intro fell flat on its face.
F12TDF - Not bad and Harris is definitely better at reviewing a car and driving it, found his voice a little quiet to hear in some parts though.
SIARC - Nearly 20 minutes and almost a whole 1/3 of an episode, are you ****ing kidding me!
Hot hatches - Like Harris, Reid is much better at doing this stuff than Evans, and it shows. Quite entertaining.
Block - Didn't really find driving around London in a shouty car that entertaining, the Block and LeBlanc comedy in the car was quite funny though.

Overall 6/10. Like previous episodes I would enjoy it more if mr shouty wasn't there, the others could carry the show between them and tonight proved that to me. SIARC really has to go though IMO, can't stand it anymore and brings the overall level of the whole show down, especially because it's soooo long.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I don't speak German well enough to have understood Sabine's introduction of the Stig. Can anyone provide a translation?

A definite improvement. Evans is slightly more bearable, but everything he does is still a bit forced and overdone. The R8 bit was pretty good otherwise. Interesting to know that Sabine shaves 7 whole seconds off her lap with the assists off.

Harris is awesome, as always. Glad to see him on the main show, as well as Rory. His Focus bit was fantastic, and very reminiscent to early Hammond and Clarkson.

LeBlanc is really starting to dominate the show. His acting is still a little forced in places, but I look forward to seeing how he does a few months down the road. The Hoonigan bit was pretty bitchin, though. The Stigsy bit cracked me up. And I can't wait to find out what the little red button does.

Also, as dw1 mentioned: Does anyone know what Sabine said about Stiggy?

I'd give it a 5/10. Woulda been a 6 if the SIARPC wasn't so drawn out and dumb.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I don't speak German well enough to have understood Sabine's introduction of the Stig. Can anyone provide a translation?

Some say "it's the man, who is also a racedriver. He has two.... Feet! (laugh...)"

Yep. Better.
From the bottom :

The filming during the Block item wasn't brilliant. Should've perhaps included more air shots, rather than street level shots for a wider angle. But despite the location, same old same old. We all remember the airfield segment with May.

Skipped the Focus item because I didn't feel like watching it so no verdict on that.

Skipped the Star interview as usual.

The Harris bit ... Well, I'm a big fan of his Youtube channel, so I expected it to be great and it was. One niggle though, the music choice isn't giving me shivers like it used to. Maybe a bit more Einaudi guys.

The Evanschmidt bit. I try very hard to learn to appreciate Evans' style, but I can't get myself to like it. He's simply not a natural and it's cringey. I'm ok with bringing Sabine in to showcase her skills like that, but her bits in the studio are sort of strange.

Last week was 3/10. This is maybe 4.5-5/10.

Breakdown of the episode:

Intro: CE will talk in german? oh please... no...stop him..

R8: liked to see CE puke, but at Laguna Seca? Hell No! Laguna Seca is a sacred place...

R8 Stig lap: Sabine tried to be funny. wasn't funny for all the people in the audience. Wasn't even funny if you are fluent in german. CE with the bag over his head? Great, i love it. we can't see his stupid grinning face. also he wasn't shouting. lets keep it that way.

Ferrari CH: Wow. i never watched his YT stuff, but i like him on EG. He is amazing. now i understand all the buzz about him. He should be the host, not CE. 3 points just for this segment!

SiaRcC: CE is shouting and shouting. and the segment goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on......

...and on.... please make it stop..... :?

Ford Focus RS: Classic (CHM) Top Gear moment. feels like a test made by our Hamster. Rory is great. i want more of it. much more. Top Gear at its best!

Matt & Ken: We all know about the controversy surrounding this film. Lets forget about that for this post. Nice showcase of Ken Block's driving skills. But otherwise it was so pointless.

Final Verdict: Alot of room for improvement. Please BBC, get rid of CE. replace him with Rory & CH. That would make "new" Top Gear work much, much better. Also shorten SiaRcC. it goes much to long. Matt gets better. Sabine was better on DMOTOR on german DMAX. Mostly because she spoke in german. her english is so bad. Chris Harris was very good. nearly perfect segment. same goes for Rory Reid. I like them both. they should be the hosts of TG.

Good, not briliant just good.
Le Blanc in the studio, he did't speack too much. This is the R8, This is the Stig, This is Rori, and not much more. I wonder why.

The stars .... Well horrible, the little gay was shouting louder than Evans. And both of them reading telepronter ..

Wow I just finished watching and was surprised how good this episode was.

I didn't think it possible to look forward to this show again with CHM gone, but was certainly hoping.

It's going to take them time to re-develop the show and make us not miss CHM, we all know that right? I feel like the improvements from episodes 1,2 and 3 have been pretty substantial and give me hope that they'll give us something we can't wait to watch every Sunday.

Chris Harris is awesome btw, he needs to be a regular in some way on each episode. I also like Sabine (sp?) quite a bit but her. Rory could easily grow on me.

Matt Leblanc didn't have much of a role this episode as far as I could tell. He introduced the segments and was a passenger in a car at the end. Not sure what that means. He seems like a good driver but maybe his personality doesn't go much beyond introducing stuff.

I gotta be honest I don't even mind Chris Evans that much this episode maybe I'm getting used to what he will bring.

He ain't the new Clarkson and I don't expect that of him. It's a different show now and it will never be the previous show, but it can still end up as something you can't wait to watch.

Breakdown of the episode:

Intro: CE will talk in german? oh please... no...stop him..

R8: liked to see CE puke, but at Laguna Seca? Hell No! Laguna Seca is a sacred place...

R8 Stig lap: Sabine tried to be funny. wasn't funny for all the people in the audience. Wasn't even funny if you are fluent in german. CE with the bag over his head? Great, i love it. we can't see his stupid grinning face. also he wasn't shouting. lets keep it that way.

Ferrari CH: Wow. i never watched his YT stuff, but i like him on EG. He is amazing. now i understand all the buzz about him. He should be the host, not CE. 3 points just for this segment!

SiaRcC: CE is shouting and shouting. and the segment goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on......

...and on.... please make it stop..... :?

Ford Focus RS: Classic (CHM) Top Gear moment. feels like a test made by our Hamster. Rory is great. i want more of it. much more. Top Gear at its best!

Matt & Ken: We all know about the controversy surrounding this film. Lets forget about that for this post. Nice showcase of Ken Block's driving skills. But otherwise it was so pointless.

Final Verdict: Alot of room for improvement. Please BBC, get rid of CE. replace him with Rory & CH. That would make "new" Top Gear work much, much better. Also shorten SiaRcC. it goes much to long. Matt gets better. Sabine was better on DMOTOR on german DMAX. Mostly because she spoke in german. her english is so bad. Chris Harris was very good. nearly perfect segment. same goes for Rory Reid. I like them both. they should be the hosts of TG.

You resume what I think about the hole thing, thanks.

I would add that tonight it felt like a presenter contest, they were too much of them.

When Matt Leblanc told Rory about being a Ford salesman I felt something strange. Samething with Evans and Schmith in the studio bit, I don't expect them to look like best friends on the first day but I felt something akward and I don't like it.

Looks like at the shop when the boss says that he will be letting some go by the end of the month, stabbing season gets on. They know they won't be 6 or 7 on the show by next year...

This was definite improvement over the last episode, and out of the three so far, enjoyed this one the most. Matt is just getting better and better which episode , he seem a lot less stiff in this weeks episode, As for Chris Evens, still cant stand him for more then a few minutes, just wish he would stop yelling.

The R8 piece was ok, Chris is still rough doing the car pieces and voice overs
The Ferrari piece with Harris was good, enjoyed that one.
The star in a rally car, no comment, as I skipped it, but I was curious and timed it, I got a even 19 minutes long, that is just utterly ridiculously long
Roy and the Focus bit was really enjoyable, I had no idea who he was before TG, but I am very much starting to like him a lot.
The Ken Block piece, enjoyed that more than I thought I would, not a fan of Ken Block or that gymkhana stuff, awesome work they did with all the camera shots, the production value is what did it for me, and Matt reading stuff from the London guide book all calm

Last edited:
... They know they won't be 6 or 7 on the show by next year...

I have the weird feeling, that they will remove the wrong people.
CE is nearly untouchable. He will be the "head" of TG for at least the next 3 years.
Sabine might get removed. i have no problem with that. I like her, but her english is just to bad and it isn't working right.
Matt LeBlanc is getting better, but he could be gone some day
Eddie Jordan is like, i don't care if he is there or not.
Rory Reid needs to stay, but he is probably one of the people, BBC will remove.
Chris Harris is amazing, but he might end up as a victim of CE's ego, because he is good in testing cars.

In the end, we have CE shouting at us with some "guesthosts" agreeing with everything he does.