[23x06] July 3rd, 2016 -- Evans final episode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evans final episode?
    We can only hope... TG will only be on for 1 more series anyway before its axed. GT is coming soon

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Chibouki View Post
    5/10

Just get rid of Elmer J Fudd... I had enough.

The more I tried the worst it was, even for his clothes that he kept on for 6 weeks.

If he's back I am out for good even if I like the others.
    I saw a picture of the ginger one at some charity thing (I think golf tournament?) guess what he was wearing... yellow t shirt, grey jumper... either he has 20 sets of the same clothes or he stinks like a homeless person

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      "Now offcourse, WE at TopGear have talked about the eagle before"

We? What the hell 'We' ? What exactly did you do for TopGear before this season huh? Before you stepped in, fucked it over and ruined it you opportunistic, incompetent hipster cunt?

I knew watching was a mistake....
      We as in Top Gear... the Show, you stupid idiot.

Originally posted by fasterplease View Post
      We can only hope... TG will only be on for 1 more series anyway before its axed. GT is coming soon
      Who was it again that said no-one is rooting for the show to fail? I'd like to see Chris Evans step back and take on a smaller role too allow the other hosts to seem more like a part of the show than people brought on occasionally but I'd rather wait and see how he develops on the show then dump him for being ginger.
      Last edited by Four Five Eight; July 4th, 2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Chris Evans is remarkably poorly dressed. Even when he's not wearing the same thing 2 weeks in a row.

[ speramus meliora; resurget cineribus]

Comment

One of the better episodes, except for that shit NSX "review". What the hell was that!? A bunch of engine noises with artsy light streaks and an idiot trying to drift a car designed for precise driving

Comment

Okay so I'm four beers in and made a drinking game out of it and even still it wasn't enough.

Having said that, fuck me that cinematography for the Mustang film was tops. Also their song choices for the films are getting better, despite the Chain song/F1 intro cliche.

I do believe they have evolved or the fact that the editing team have evolved. I'm thinking the latter.

I even gave it a 8/10 cause even the Stars in a rally car part was a bit more bearable and not because of Patrick Dempsey.

Season conclusion: They need more time, stop shoving so many segments into one or dragging one segment forever. In: Harris, Reid, LeBlanc. Out: Jordan, Schmitz, Evans. The visuals are still there, there just needs to be a better plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Four Five Eight View Post
              We as in Top Gear... the Show, you stupid idiot.
              Carefull who you call an idiot now little boy....

Also, learn how the quote system works, but I quess you were seeing to red to think properly after seeing your little mancrush being called exactly what he is.
              Last edited by Cowboy; July 4th, 2016, 11:24 AM.
              "It's not right, this." : Anonymous studio tech on the killing of TopGear.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...t-first-season

Comment

Comment

This, in a nutshell, is the biggest problem with TGCE.

Even during its "down" periods, the CHM learned to show its presenters having fun, even when they were doing something hair-raising, stupid or embarrassing. More to the point, they figured out a way to let the *audience* share in on the fun.

They haven't forgotten how to do it -- Harris & Reid are able to do it in their segments -- but Evans doesn't strike me as the type of personality that can "roll with the punches" as CHM could, and you *need* that sort of ability if you want TG to do the stuff that it's become famous for.

Comment

Originally posted by justinb View Post
                      One of the better episodes, except for that shit NSX "review". What the hell was that!? A bunch of engine noises with artsy light streaks and an idiot trying to drift a car designed for precise driving
                      Haven't seen the episode yet (tonight on BBC America), but that sounds a bit like Richard's Lexus LFA review.

Comment

And it was Evan's last episode, he's just resigned ....everyone seems to be doing that in the UK at the moment.
                        I used to have a signature

Comment

Where are you getting this from?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            Where are you getting this from?
                            BBC news
                            I used to have a signature

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

Bye Bye Chris!

Is this the new line up?

Last edited by Captain Black; July 4th, 2016, 4:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkwind View Post
                                BBC news
                                Press statement from BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/sta...gear-statement
                                "We have an amazing show lined up for you this week... We have some car content in it, and then quite a lot of no car content at all to annoy people on Finalgear" -- Jeremy on 17x05.

Comment

Ah yeah, you're right.....well, euhrm, this is all a bit sudden, let's see how do I respond to this news in a dignified mature way?

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)

It was the most dignified thing I could think of, honest.
                                  Last edited by Cowboy; July 4th, 2016, 2:35 PM.

Comment

Well then, this will make the next series interesting.

Comment

Ouch, overnight viewing figures were 1.9 million.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
                                        Ouch, overnight viewing figures were 1.9 million.
                                        Chris Evans changed the way people watch Top Gear! Now they just don't watch it at all.

FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Black View Post
                                          Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)
                                          Last edited by Red Falcon; July 4th, 2016, 4:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X